Christiana's "persistence not perfection" food diary

Tuesday, 14th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
2 Slices of WW thick wholemeal bread (HEXb)
2 Tsp of Clover lighter (2 syns)
1 Tsp of lemon shred marmalade (0.5 syns)

Lunch
Huuuuugge portion of syn free chips
1 Tesco southern fried chicken fillet (4 syns)
2 Tbsp of tomato ketchup (2 syns)
Broccoli, carrots and corn

Dinner
None

Snacks
1 Fox's jam ring (4 syns)
15 Tesco dairy toffee sweets (27.5 syns)

Drinks
250ml of semi-skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Diet cola with almond
Water
Tesco NAS cola bottles cordial

Syns
39 // 19.5

Last edited:
Another pants WI....I gained 3lbs! I don't know. I'm fairly certain that I will stick with SW, but I really don't want to think about it today. I was going to stay to class, but to see that gain, on this day no less, gave me an instant headache. So I left.

Anyway, as promised - my official (non) progress report:

Starting weight: 31st 9.5lbs / 443.5lbs
Current weight: 28st 8lbs / 400lbs
Lowest weight reached: 27st 11.5lbs / 389.5lbs (04/05/11)

Biggest gain: 7.5lbs on 24/11/10
Biggest loss:13lbs on 06/04/11

Missed classes: 7, including Christmas holiday
Total losses to date: 7st 13lbs / 111lbs over 27 weeks
Total gains to date: 4st 11.5lbs / 67.5lbs over 18 weeks
Total maintained loss to date: 3st 1.5lbs
Total maintains to date: 0

I could have been between 7st 13lbs and 12st 10.5lbs lighter by now. :mad: :sigh: :( :confused: :break_diet:

That fact will make me headdesk everytime.

Sorry guys, I'm a bit of a sad sack right now. My motivation is really at an all time low. I'm avoiding my doctor....he sees me once a month, and for the last 4 months he's been hearing about my "3st (insert poundage here) loss".....I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, and I really don't want another speech on how his surgeons are itching to cut my stomach open and reduce it to the size of a thumb tip.

I feel like going outside and screaming at the top of my lungs...

....my head hurts and I want to eat bad things. And the cycle continues.

Friday, 17th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Huge plate of couscous made up with stock and frylighted with red onion, broccoli, carrots and corn
2 Boiled eggs
2 Quorn sausages
2 Tesco EV beef burgers (5 syns)

Lunch
None...brekkie was very filling.

Dinner
Syn free chips (parboiled then tossed in 1 tbsp EVOO as a HEXb)
Skinless roast chicken
Baked beans

Snacks
None

Drinks
450ml of semi-skimmed milk for tea /hot choc (HEXa + 5 syns)
5 Tsp of Cadbury Bournville cocoa (5 syns)
Diet cola with almond

Syns
15 // 90

So. I took a day to just wallow. And now I don't feel very well...it seems trying to eat like I did pre-SW really doesn't agree with me anymore (did it ever?)

I'm not giving up. Anything worth having is gonna be hard, right? I'm still a tad bit thorny about my loss thus far, but that's just me. Back down to 15 syns a day, absolutely no wholemeal bread, chocolate or biccies in the house.

My breakfast looks a lot like a lunch or dinner because I'm rarely up before midday...a consequence of working late nights.

On with my bipolar/OCD diary! :eek:

EDIT: So far so good....:fingerscrossed:

Last edited:
Hey Christiana, so sorry to hear about your gain. It is disappointing but you seem to have the right attitude. Until recently, a lot of times when I felt a negative emotion I'd avoid acknowledging it and bury it in the bottom of a biscuit packet. I'd anesthetise myself with food so effectively that all I'd feel was vaguely "out of sorts". Not sure why it was so hard for me to lean into the pain/emotion, I bet the answer lies somewhere in my childhood (isn't it always?) lol. Sorry I'm rambling, I guess what I'm trying to say is it's okay to be disappointed, it's totally normal! Feel it, learn from the situation and move on. I'm glad you're not giving up on SW, the way I see it is you gotta eat right? Might as well make it healthy, and when you see a huge loss next week you'll be glad you did! Hang in there sis!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Saturday, 18th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Pasta with mackerel sauce:
Onions fried in 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
Passata, 1 tbsp of tomato puree (0.5 syns)
Black pepper and stock
Mackerel in brine

Lunch
Leftovers from brekkie

Dinner
Syn free chips (parboiled then tossed in 1 tbsp EVOO - 6 syns - before roasting)

Skinless and boneless chicken, sliced into strips
Red onion, white onion, red, green and yellow pepper, chopped
Tossed the lot in 1 sachet of Old El Paso fajita mix (4.5 syns)
Put in the oven with frylight on low heat so it goes all juicy

Shared the lot with my son, so 2.25 syns for the spice mix (rounded up to 2.5 syns)

Snacks
None

Drinks
250ml of semi-skimmed milk for hot choc (HEXa)
Tesco NAS pear drops cordial
Water
4 Tsp of Cadbury's Bournville cocoa (4 syns)

Syns
13 // 77

Thanks HoneyOc! I'm taking it a day at a time, hopefully I'll be back losing instead of gaining in no time. How's things with baby? 4 months old already, time sure flies! She'll be one before you know it!

Last edited:
Sunday, 19th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Rice with stew (3 syns)
Mackerel in brine

Lunch
Onion and yellow pepper omelette fried in 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
Tinned spaghetti

Dinner
Leftovers from brekkie (3 syns)
Chicken with skin (3 syns)

Snacks
Half a small bag of Wotsits (2.5 syns)

Drinks
Water

Syns
15.5 // 61.5

Baby's fine, I can't believe it's been 4 months either! Seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital having her, yet at the same time it feels like she's always been in my life! I put up some pics in my food diary :D

We're off to Abuja for two weeks in August for my dad's 70th, of course that's going to bring on a whole host of challenges. Need to think of how to follow SW in Nig! Sigh...

Monday, 20th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Pasta with stew (3 syns)
Boiled potato chunks
Skinless roast chicken

Dinner
Syn free chips tossed in 1 tbsp EVOO (HEXb)
2 Tesco EV beef burgers (5 syns)

Snacks
2 Fox's jam rings (8 syns)

Drinks
Water
Tesco diet cola with almond

Syns
22 // 39.5

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about the gain, lovely, but I still think you should be proud of your loss, it is a great loss so far :) Granted still some way to go, we all have, but nice & steady is good!

I <3 that you don't just rely on cereal for breakfast :D

Big hugs and here's to a great loss next week x

Thanks Auburn! Yeah, cereal doesn't appeal just now! I'm trying to find a replacement for my favourite, which used to be Nestle Clusters...but they're no longer a HEXb :(

Been living on syn free chips this week, I've been craving comfort food, so that's my go to!

Tuesday, 21st June 2011: **Green day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
2 Slices of thick white bread (10 syns)
2 Frylighted eggs
1 Tbsp of tomato ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner
Boiled plantain
Eggs fried in 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
Tinned spaghetti

Snacks
25g of Walkers crisps (6.5 syns)
6 Tesco dairy toffees (11.5 syns)

Drinks
500ml of semi-skimmed milk for hot choc (HEXa x 2)
Water
8 Tsp of Cadbury's Bournville cocoa (8 syns)

Syns
39.5 // 0

Last edited:
Thursday, 23rd June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Boiled plantain
Mackerel and onion omelette
Tinned spaghetti

Lunch
None

Dinner
Syn free chips
1 Tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
Skinless roast chicken
1 Tbsp of tomato ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks
None

Drinks
Water

Syns
5 // 100

Have been in major pain for the last 2 days (* week...AKA "chainsaw in my uterus" week), but managed to get to class and stay last night. Lost 4.5lbs, which I'm happy about, but I don't want to celebrate yet. I want to maintain a loss, and (shock, horror!) perhaps even lose next week too! ;)

Last edited:
Another pants WI....I gained 3lbs! I don't know. I'm fairly certain that I will stick with SW, but I really don't want to think about it today. I was going to stay to class, but to see that gain, on this day no less, gave me an instant headache. So I left.

Anyway, as promised - my official (non) progress report:

Starting weight: 31st 9.5lbs / 443.5lbs
Current weight: 28st 8lbs / 400lbs
Lowest weight reached: 27st 11.5lbs / 389.5lbs (04/05/11)

Biggest gain: 7.5lbs on 24/11/10
Biggest loss:13lbs on 06/04/11

Missed classes: 7, including Christmas holiday
Total losses to date: 7st 13lbs / 111lbs over 27 weeks
Total gains to date: 4st 11.5lbs / 67.5lbs over 18 weeks
Total maintained loss to date: 3st 1.5lbs
Total maintains to date: 0

I could have been between 7st 13lbs and 12st 10.5lbs lighter by now. :mad: :sigh: :( :confused: :break_diet:

That fact will make me headdesk everytime.

Sorry guys, I'm a bit of a sad sack right now. My motivation is really at an all time low. I'm avoiding my doctor....he sees me once a month, and for the last 4 months he's been hearing about my "3st (insert poundage here) loss".....I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, and I really don't want another speech on how his surgeons are itching to cut my stomach open and reduce it to the size of a thumb tip.

I feel like going outside and screaming at the top of my lungs...

....my head hurts and I want to eat bad things. And the cycle continues.

This brought tears to my eyes ....

I read your report and realised the one sentence your concentrating on is "could have"
Look at what you HAVE done... From reading your food diary I can see you are a real woman making real choices in a real world and so far you have not only lost 3 + stone but you have been completely honest all the way. 7 missed classes in a whole year is nothing and you are STILL there. I came on this forum for inspiration and people like you have motivated me and inspired me so much not just in weight loss but in been real to myself about my eating. Not making un realistic goals or expectations of myself. You have a brand new year to do even better than you have already done and to motivate and inspire so many other women without even realising it.

God bless Christina I hope your smiling xx

(* week...AKA "chainsaw in my uterus" week)

I know you are in pain, lovely, but this made me ROFLOL... NEVER heard it called that before. I usually go by Crazy Lady week, Mother Nature Time, or Evil Nasty Week of Hell...

Hope you feel better soon, at least we know it's only a temporary thing. Recurring on a rather too frequent basis in my opinion (grumblez) but temporary none-the-less

*hugs* x

Thank you so much Louise! I think I am a natural pessimist sometimes, but it humbles me greatly to be thought of as an inspiration! I tell you, I'm grinning from ear to ear, so thank you! :hug99:

LOL, Auburn, I'm feeling much better today thanks! I nearly fell out of my chair when I first heard it in a comedy sketch on TV...Some woman was like she hates how men refer to TTOTM as "just a period", so she says "it's more like a chainsaw in my uterus"! So, so true :D

Saturday, 25th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
1 Frylighted egg

Lunch
None

Dinner
Butternut squash and sliced plantain roasted in 1 Tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
Couscous made up with stock
Tinned mackerel in brine

Snacks

Drinks

Syns
28.5 // 71.5

Last edited:
I stumbled upon your food diary in my search for ways to get my weight loss moving. You've done amazing and lost so much! Wow! You're proof that SW does work. I've been struggling and only managed to lose 2.5 lbs in five months...yep that's pounds not stones :-(. I noticed you don't eat much fruit tho. Many of the folks in my class swear by melon and berries, so I've been trying to eat more of that. I've also been reading about the importance of drinking plenty of water, which I'm trying too. it's not easy but folks like you help me stick with it.

Sunday, 26th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
Baked plantain
Couscous leftover from last night

Lunch
Rice with stew (3 syns)
Broccoli, carrots, corn and peas
Mackerel in brine

Dinner
Rice with stew (3 syns)
Broccoli, carrots, corn and peas
Chicken with skin (3 syns)

Snacks
Half a slice of thick white bread (2.5 syns)

Drinks
NAS Vimto

Syns
11.5 // 56

Thanks yoyo dieter! I'm more of a veggie person than a fruit person...no clue why. I like a couple of the basic ones (bananas, apples, pears), but 9 times out of 10, I prefer my greens as my superfree food. I too am trying to drink more water here and there, but it's nothing regular yet. I think I'm a bit samey, but I find that I have a few of my favourite SW meals that I just repeat and rotate. Good luck with your weight loss. Sticking with it can be tough, but I'm betting it's all worth it in the end.

Last edited:
Monday, 27th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Syn free chips made with 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
3 Fried eggs (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Skinless roast chicken

Snacks
2 Slices of thick white toast (10 syns)
1 Quality Street sweet (2.5 syns)

Drinks
Tesco NAS Pear Drops cordial
Water

Syns
18.5 // 37.5

I'm having my kitchen refurb'd starting Wednesday, which means I'll have very little (if any) access to my usual facilities. I already know I'll have no cooker or washing machine, so I'll be relying on my microwave and toaster....I have no clue at all how I'm going to do weight loss wise, because the work people are saying it's going to take 7-10 days to finish!

Last edited:
Monday, 27th June 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Syn free chips made with 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
3 Fried eggs (1.5 syns)

Dinner
Skinless roast chicken

Snacks
2 Slices of thick white toast (10 syns)
1 Quality Street sweet (2.5 syns)

Drinks
Tesco NAS Pear Drops cordial
Water

Syns
18.5 // 37.5

I'm having my kitchen refurb'd starting Wednesday, which means I'll have very little (if any) access to my usual facilities. I already know I'll have no cooker or washing machine, so I'll be relying on my microwave and toaster....I have no clue at all how I'm going to do weight loss wise, because the work people are saying it's going to take 7-10 days to finish!

if you are going to have ready meals try the count on us range from M&S

For free meals just have a lot of jacket potatoes with beans and cheese, tuna and sweetcorn.

You could cook up a storm and freeze it and microwave it as and when ....

You'll be fine :)

Back