Christiana's "persistence not perfection" food diary

Hey Surreygal! Go anywhere nice? I'm fine, still a bit wobbly on the weight loss front, but okay nonetheless!

We went to yorkshire.Had a nice time had some treats,a few meals out and puddings;) back on track again now.x

Tuesday, 30th August 2011: **Green day**

Breakfast
1 slice of thick white toast (5 syns)
1.5 Tsp of Clover lighter (1.5 syns)
0.5 Tsp of jam

Lunch
None...didn't get home till the evening

Dinner
Parboiled potatoes fried in 2 tbsp + of EVOO (2 x HEXb) with onions
3 Quorn sausages (3 syns)
Broccoli, carrots and corn
6 Tbsp of gravy (1.5 syns)

Snacks
Haribo Stripe (5 syns)
2 x Bassett Flump sweet (3 syns)
80g bag of Swizzels Matlow Rainbow Drops (11 syns)
25g bag of Walkers crisps (6.5 syns)

Drinks
250ml semi skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Tesco diet cola with almond
Water

Syns
36.5 // 1

Last edited:
Friday, 2nd September 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Pasta
Chopped onion, stock cube, broccoli, carrots, corn, 2 eggs, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of tomato puree (1 syn) fried in 2 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb + 6 syns)

Dinner
Parboiled potatoes fried in 2 Tbsp of EVOO (12 syns) with chopped onion, stock and tomato stew (3 syns)
Broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
Skinless roast chicken

Snacks
4 McVitie's chocolate digestives (16 syns)

Drinks
Water

Syns
38 // 102

Last edited:
Saturday, 3rd September 2011: **Green day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Boiled potato
Chopped onion, stock cube, broccoli, carrots, corn, 2 eggs, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of tomato puree (1 syn) fried in 2 tbsp of EVOO (2 x HEXb)

Dinner
Pasta and tomato stew (2 syns)
Chopped onion, stock cube, broccoli, carrots, corn, 2 eggs, chilli powder and 2 tbsp of tomato puree (1 syn) fried in 2 tbsp of EVOO (12 syns)

Snacks
11 McVitie's digestives (

Drinks
Tesco NAS pear drops cordial
Water

Syns
53.5 // 48.5

Last edited:
I am, I'm just trying to get my head back in it I suppose! Haven't given up, just taking a little time out. Thank you!

I am, I'm just trying to get my head back in it I suppose! Haven't given up, just taking a little time out. Thank you!

I know what you mean, I am totally off plan at the moment, just struggling with it all right now!!!! Not because I doubt that it works but simply because I cannot be Ar*ed at the minute which is absolutely useless but is what it is!!!!

I know what you mean! The last couple of weeks have been spent trying to undo the DISASTER that was my kitchen refurb gain. Since then, it's just snowballed. Finally pulled my socks up and got back to it week before last, only to see a gain of 1lb. Struggled last week, gained again - 1.5lbs. Each gain just shatters my motivation, and the icing on the cake was last weeks class.

I wasn't too bothered about the gain itself, just the fact that it was another one in the wrong pile, I guess? A lady in my class got her 5st award that night too...after 20 weeks. I've been there for approximately 72 and haven't even touched 4st.

I don't know, I've always had faith in SW, it works for me (except when it doesn't), but I'm holding on by a bit of a thread at the moment. I'm annoyed that this year has been a complete waste weight loss wise, only 3+ months left and I've got nought to show except being heavier than I was this time last year!

I just keep thinking I can't really afford to feel this way, as it's not just a few stray pounds to lose, I've got a humongous way to go and I'm seriously flailing before I've even managed to make a decent dent in it. I'm just not sure what else I can really do now. I've been on track since Thursday, and yesterday was fine too. I weighed myself this morning only for my scales to say I've gained another 4.5lbs! From what????? Breathing?!??? My fault for weighing myself I guess.

I don't want to give up, I really don't. But I'm just lost. I should be further along. I should be healthier and finally happier by now. I'm just fed up.
:confused:

I feel really bad for you, I know how demotivating it can be when the scales go the wrong way.

My advice would be to draw a line in the sand and start again.

See if you can add in a little bit more exercise - it doesn't have to be much - get off the bus a stop early, use the steps instead of the lift, walk to speak to someone instead of emailing or phoning and see if the extra movement will give you a boost.

Have a think about portion sizes too - it is easy to pile your plate up but things do add up - I often find that I over-eat and have a mountain of food when really half the amount would have been more than enough! I tend to watch portion sizes when I am struggling and try and cut back a little on the volume of food.

Success express might give you a bit of a kick start - there is a good thread about it on here.

You know you can do it xxx

Christina .....

Don't look at the last year 3 months till what the end of a year number?

Start again by looking forward not back

I understand what you mean about not been able to afford SW when you are in this state of mind so a break will be good for you. but when you start up again look forward not back.
xXx

Thanks guys, you are stars. :hug99:

Okay, starting afresh from now.
:fingerscrossed:

I had a really rocky start to my weight loss and gained 5pounds in my first week. In fact it took me a few months to get back to my start weight. I was doing EE strictly so it made no sense. I then switched to a mixture of red/green and EE and started seeing slow results. My weight loss has been at a snail's pace and there have been more unexplained gains than losses along the way. Hang in there and try the following:
1. Add some red and green days
3. Maybe increase your water intake - I think this helped me loads!
4. Try adding a bit more cheese in your diet. I read some research on how low fat dairy can boost weight loss.
Stay strong as it'll turn around soon I'm sure.

Friday, 23rd September 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
60g Kellogg's Frosties (11 syns)
200ml Semi skimmed milk (part HEXa)

Lunch
Fried rice with skinless chicken drumsticks:

Parboil 1.5 cups of rice until slightly softened. Rinse in cold water and then cover with chicken stock; boil till cooked. Heat 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb) on a low heat - add onions, steamed petit pois, carrots, corn and broccoli; add 1 Maggi cube. Fry for about 2 minutes or until the onion has softened - add the rice, a second Maggi cube and some chilli powder (to your taste). This amount served 2 people (pic below)

Dinner
Boiled potatoes fried in 1 tbsp + 1 tsp of EVOO (8 syns) with onion, mackerel, petit pois, carrots, broccoli, corn and 1 tbsp of tomato puree (0.5 syns)

Snacks
None

Drinks
50ml semi skimmed milk for tea (part HEXa)

Syns
19.5 // 85.5

I'm back! Had a loss WI before last, but had a gain last WI on account of my birthday. Hoping to pull it all in before Christmas. :fingerscrossed:

Thanks for all your wonderful words and popping by when I wasn't 100%! :hug99:

Attachments

• Fried rice and chicken.jpg
    Fried rice and chicken.jpg
    484.4 KB · Views: 66
GOSH that looks yummy... my OH has just revealed that we're having chicken drumsticks for tea, I hope they turn out something like that!! :D

Have a happy weekend!x

Saturday, 24th September 2011: **Green day**

Breakfast
80g Kellogg's Frosties (14 syns)
250ml Semi skimmed milk (HEXa)

Lunch
Boiled potatoes
3 Eggs fried in 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb) with onions, Maggi, chilli powder and 1 tbsp of tomato puree
Boiled carrots
Tinned spaghetti

Dinner
Fried rice made with 1 tbsp EVOO (HEXb)
Onion, broccoli, carrots and corn
2 Boiled eggs

Snacks
None

Drinks
150ml semi skimmed milk for tea (HEXa)
Tesco diet ginger beer

Syns
14 // 71.5

Last edited:
Sunday, 25th September 2011: **Green day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Rice with stew (3 syns)

Dinner
Rice with stew (3 syns)
142g of chicken (2 x HEXb) with skin (3 syns)

Snacks
1 Shortcake biscuit (2.5 syns)

Drinks

Syns
11.5 // 60

Food is looking delicious as usual ...good to see you back:)

Monday, 26th September 2011: **EE day**

Breakfast
Onion omelette with tinned spaghetti

Lunch
Syn free chips made with 1 tbsp of EVOO (HEXb)
Skinless roast chicken
Boiled carrots
Baked beans

Dinner
Boiled potatoes, mashed
Mackerel sauce: onion, a little tinned chopped tomato with herbs, 1 tbsp of tomato puree (0.5 syns), a few herbs/spices, a tin of mackerel in brine and 1 tbsp of EVOO (6 syns)
Brussel sprouts

Snacks
4 Slices of thick white toast (20 syns)
2 Tbsp of Clover lighter (6 syns)

Drinks

Syns
32.5 // 27.5

Last edited:
Tuesday, 27th September 2011: **Green day**

Breakfast
None

Lunch
Boiled potatoes
3 Boiled eggs
Tomato stew (3 syns)

Dinner
Syn free chips made with 1 tbsp EVOO (HEXb)
Baked beans

Snacks
18 Maynards Wine gums (18 syns)
25g bag of Walkers crisps (6.5 syns)

Drinks

Syns
27.5 // 0

Last edited:
Back