Christmas 2006!

Lighterlifer

Silver Member
:rolleyes: Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you have ever broken the diet for a day or two and managed to get back on and still lose a little weight? I plan to have christmas lunch, and boxing day lunch at my grandma's (strictly only those two meals) then get back onto Lighter Life on the 27th Dec. I won't gain will I?? Thanks :)

I'm sure some people do manage it, but I've read so many stories about people losing it over "just one meal" etc that I'm not planning to eat over Christmas. In fact I will miss out on Christmas, New Year's Eve AND my birthday (which is on NYE). I anticipate it being very hard, but closer to the time I will come up with some coping strategies.

It will be worth it in the long run. Even if it all goes horribly wrong I can't imagine looking back and thinking "oh if only I ate at Christmas"... more likely that I will remember how strong I was not to give in.

If I get through it in one piece that is... :D

Hey GG. I don't know why I've planned it really. It's just tradion that gets me I suppose, but I've promised myself no roast potatoes, only meat, gravy and veg, so shouldn't be too bad. I have something to look forward to, the countdown to xmas (60 days!) helps me to stay 100% abstinent until then! I hope hehe!:eek:

I do know what you mean... but, with me, if I just had nut roast (I'm veggy), there's NO WAY I could stop myself having a roast spud and once I had one roast spud... well before I knew it I'd be under the table nursing an empty red wine bottle asleep on a bed of quality street wrappers... :rolleyes: :eek:

My honest advice is don't do it!

Last year I was undecided but then didn't eat on Xmas day and found that actually I enjoyed the day more because I wasn't stuffed and drunk like I normally was.

On the discovery boards last year there was loads of debate and people saying they would and wouldn't eat and people ended up falling out about it on the forum but after Christmas and in January the biggest thing I noticed was that loads of people who said they were going to eat for just that day dissappeared and the majority left were those who stayed abstinant on the day.

Posh sunday dinner or being slim ??? Not a difficult decision.

Good luck though in whatever you decide

Mike

Hi guys,

I was all for having my xmas lunch but when Mike puts it as a posh sunday lunch (which is really what it is!!!) it sort of puts it into prospective doesn't it?

Slim or lunch? No contest really!!!

I did Cd last year and I had my Birthday meal,OH wanted to go out so I did all I had was chicken and veggies a very tiny amount and I got straight back on CD the next day I only drank water,I carried on and lost for another 5 weeks but then I moved house and blew it all through the stress.You see you cant tell how you'll be until youve eaten,you go one way ot the other blow it or stick to it ,only you can make that decision,Im still deciding as Im going on Holiday over the Christmas 4 days but I know I wont be at target until probs Feb??If you eat just stick to a tiny portion of turkey and veg as all the rest has tons of carbs especially gravy????
XXC

Hey guys, well I worked out that if I have my 3lbs loss a week I will pretty much be at around 9 and a half stone by christmas, so I figured I can afford to do it. I plan to buy 2 weeks worth of LL before christmas, which means I will have spent alot (as I have heaps and hundreds to spend of presents) and I just won't want to waste them.

Also, 2 nights ago I tried the nut crunch bar, which was absolutely vile, and as I had 100-125 cals left for the day, I ate a bowl of veg, and still lost. I was not tempted in any way at all to eat any more than I had already given myself! And the next day, was straight back on the shake!

I will keep you updated after christmas. I will let you all know how I got on!! hehe!

The same question has been on my mind for a while now.

I suppose it depends on how close to my target I get between now and then.

I think I am in agreement with icemoose about not eating if I am staying in development. But if I am close to Management by then I plan to have a small portion of turkey and green veg and water.

Christmas for me used to be an excuse to eat loads and loads of Chocolate actually no......it was just loads and loads of everything full stop!

There is more to life than food thanks to LighterLife and you never know....Santa might even put a pair of size 12 jeans under that tree for a few of us!

Hi there

I did whilst on LL last year. I had my Christmas dinner and buffet at night but was careful about what I ate, and went back to SS on boxing day. I still managed to lose 5lbs over the Christmas fortnight.

This year I'm on CD and have allowed myself two nights out - one I've had and the other is on 23rd December. I find myself better motivated if I have something to look forward to sad though that sounds.

I also find that if I know I'm going to be having a meal at some point I dont nibble and pick as much.

Lynne x

I have been trying to decide what to do about Xmas too. My 100 days are up on 22nd December but I will need another few months so will carry straight on.

I think I will give eating at Xmas a miss as it's only 1 year. I might plan a Xmas next Easter or something to make up for it. Family and friends are up for this to give me a reward.

I think it you can do it and not be tempted by all the other naughty Xmas goodies then that's great but I don't know whether I could. I think this year's nut roast will be exchanged for the nut bar !
Melissa x

Hey thanks for the advice. Im gunna keep it in mind and will probly decide nearer the time! I hope I can be like you Piper and still lose! Fingers crossed anywho!X

I have no idea what I'm going to do yet, hubby has said just to have a bit of protein and some salad for Christmas dinner - I don't know yet, it's a tough one.

This will probably be our last Christmas here with the family as we are emmigrating (providing our visa comes through) in the second half of next year.

However, we are going away on 27th December for a week and we are in a hotel with bed and breakfast so I don't know whether to abstain Christmas and then have my one meal a day on our last European holiday :confused: :( :confused:

I dunno!

Nightmare!

Whilst I was still in abstinence, nothing on earth would have induced me to risk jeophardising my weight loss plan.

Having protein and veggies might be fine for you but are you willing to take the risk? I wasn't. :eek:

I've been deliberating over this a lot lately and have come to a final decision now.

I am abstaining until I reach my target weight. If I am there by christmas then great I eat a small amount of food. But if not.....it's abstinance for me but I'll cook for the rest of the family and sit down with them.

I might buy some savoury drinks so I can have a 3 course meal....Savoury drink, Soup and then a muffin for desert

I've come too far now to jeapardise it for the sake of one meal....there will be lots of meals in the future!

Back