Christmas and New Year

IreneH

Gold Member
Has anyone any ideas of where my daughter Cat and her bf could go for Christmas and New Year? We will be in NZ and she only gets 2 weeks off college so not enough time to come.
Irene xx

Do they want sun or snow?

If it's sun then somewhere like Teneriefe, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria or further afield Barbados etc or Florida even?

If it's snow then I guess Switzerland, Austria, parts of France etc...... how about Greenland to see Santa???

How about America? Christmas itself is great in New York and they know how to party. Then they could fly to Florida for a bit of sun - so the best of both worlds.

She quite fancied Florida but I was unsure about car hire. Does everyone hire a car in the US. She is under 21 and I didn't know whether she was too young to hire.
Irene xx

hi irene!

i know most places expect u to be over 25 and to have a major credit card in order to rent a car. Ive had major hassles this week organising a car for our trip to the states as we dont have a credit card BUT i rang alamo and they were so helpful! u can even reserve a car with them so that u dont have to pay until get there. they r in the uk too so u can ring them here and ask.

hope that helps. xxx

hi irene!

i know most places expect u to be over 25 and to have a major credit card in order to rent a car. Ive had major hassles this week organising a car for our trip to the states as we dont have a credit card BUT i rang alamo and they were so helpful! u can even reserve a car with them so that u dont have to pay until get there. they r in the uk too so u can ring them here and ask.

hope that helps. xxx

I agree Karen, we used Alamo when the whole family (13 of us!!) went to Florida for New Year 2005. They were so easy to find at Sanford Airport and so so helpful.

When theyoung man who was dealing with us saw how many suitcases there were, plus pushchair, he drove off with the original 4x4 my dad had booked and came back with an 8 seater people carrier that gave us loads of room.

Not only did he do that but he brought a saloon car to my brother, saw how tall he was (6ft 5), went off again and brought back a bigger chevrolet for him. Can't fault Alamo for customer service at all and Florida was was hot but not too busy at that time of year Irene.

Lacey xx

I've hired cars many times in the states but there's a huge premium for being under 25, I'm afraid....
In the cities you don't need a car - like Miami ..... and it's really fun. She could then just buy trips out to the everglades etc

Or a romantic castle in the Highlands - might be a bit pricey but I'd love it!

Well the decision has been made. Hotel has been booked and the flights too. And they are going to DUBLIN.

After a fantastic time at the Dublin meet she talked it over with her bf and yes it is Dublin. There's so much to see and do.

Even I want to come for a holiday.
Irene xx

Well the decision has been made. Hotel has been booked and the flights too. And they are going to DUBLIN.

After a fantastic time at the Dublin meet she talked it over with her bf and yes it is Dublin. There's so much to see and do.

Even I want to come for a holiday.
Irene xx

What a brilliant idea! They will have a ball!! :D

Was so great to see you both at the weekend. You look AMAZING!!! I kept sneaking glances at you and just can't get over how different you look now to the woman I first met in Newcastle. I am just so proud of you and love you lots xxxxxxxxxx

Back