Christmas Food Ideas and Recipes.

yes i used a full one ....maybe why it was so tasty lol

yes just to try it out it was smoked bacon and gave it a lovely flavour ..just thought it was an easy one to make and tastes so good ..just what we need to get back on track xxx

ooo cant wait to try it ive got another 1 to try aswell..a red lentil one it was in the booklet with the sw mag..

wot's the recipe for red lentil soup ? LOVE lentil soup.....

Debz x

Spiced Carrot & Lentil Soup (from the magazine)

Dry fry some cumin and chili flakes. Add chopped onion, potato and carrot. Add dried red lentils and top up with chicken stock (magazine says use Vecon, though I've used both Knorr and chicken Bovril). Simmer until lentils are soft and veg is cooked.

The magazine says to blitz this afterwards, which I did the first time, but I really wanted more texture. So the second time I made it, I cut the carrots and potatoes into small diced cubes and just left it like that and I think it's much better that way. You feel like you're eating something then and it's very satisfying. It's a really filling soup. A perfect one for helping you get back on track.

red lentil soup..from free booklet with sw mag serves 4
2 onions
4 garlic cloves
9 oz red lentils
1 tbsp cumin
salt and pepper
lime wedges to serve

finely chop onions and crush garlic and fry until soft
add lentils and cumin
pour in 2 pints/ 11/4litres of water season and bring to boil
reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour
if it gets to thick add more water
divide between 4 bowls and serve garnished with lime wedges(optional)

just have a look in my signature hun i have some recipes on there and its there!
Hi, I have added you to my google reader, you have some lovely recipes on there, look forward to seeing more in the future......please:D
Made this this morning with some left over mincemeat lurking in the fridge, it was lovely, going to have it with some sweetened quark with cinnamon for pudding.

Last edited:
Back