Christmas is SO HARD

juju_doll

juju_doll
Blimey, it's been a tough week this week. So many people seem to be eating yummy food, chocolates, treats and meals out. Have been a mega grumpthis week trying to put up with people's eating! Have my last CDC meeting tomorrow until after the new year as i'm off to my parent's house on Wednesday and i'm going to have to be very strong to not eat until we get a bit closer to Christmas .... finding it a bit tricky to find the strenght at the moment! Is anyone else finding similar problems?

Hiya, I see my CDC on friday, then go off to Dublin for a week on saturday....my office is like a chocolate & mince pie factory as there is so much food about. Had my Christmas party on friday and there was another one the week before and a friend is meant to be having a party this friday night as well....seems to be nothing but food, but I am glad I am doing CD nd resisting (well, most of the time!!). If I wasnt doing CD I'd probably be stuffing my face with the rest of them!!

Still havent decided wat I am going to do about my Christmas dinner yet though....am torm between coninuinn SSing or doing a kind of 790 for that week. Suppose I will make the decision next week!!

I know, isn't it vile! I've sort of decided i'm going to ss up until the Saturday before xmas, and then try and be a sensible as possible until the 27th. I don't think it will be realistic to think i'm not going to eat, but will try and avoid the sweets and chocolate, which are my downfall!

Yes the office is full of mince pies, biscuits and Cadbury Roses (my favs) and stuff is piling up at home even though OH is doing his best to keep it hidden away. He said he hasn't got me so many pressies this year coz he normally buys at least 3 choccy ones and can't do it this year !

But come on you lot, don't we want to be slim MORE than we want this festive food ??? ;)

Just think..by resisting, this time next year you can look back and see how well you did and how really you didnt need to eat the choc and mince pies!!
It'll make you stronger for the future...cos we cant do this diet forever!

Oh I so want to be slim more than anything!!

My kinda sorta plan is to keep SSing until Christmas day, then hve my Christmas dinner (albeit a small one) and the same on boxing day....on the 29th I have a night out with friends I havent seen in sooooo long as well, and I have a feelign that will be dinner....but my friend that will almost defiantely be cooking if it is dinner is a complete health nut, so I am not too worried about that.

I know that if I deviate from my plans I will get right back on track as soon as I come back to the IoM, so I am not that worried TBH, I have my birthday on Jan 23rd and not sure wat I am doing for that yet, but it will involve a night out of some description!

I have been toying with the idea of a slice of meat and a bit of veg on xmas day, but I decided yesterday that I am going to stick to the diet 100% then next year i will be able to eat watever I want as I will be at goal weight.

Iam in such a strong frame of mind this week.

Sonkie :)

I SS's through last Christmas and I thought I would be at goal for this Christmas, but has not happened.

Here I am again SSing as it is the only way for me to reach goal by next Summer.

Yesterday when I was out shopping they had food, drink, choclates and Christmas cake and pies all over the place in my local shop to show their appreciation for their customers...never seen so much...

Even at check out they had a basket of Cadbury's Roses!!!

For you to help yourself:eek:

It was absolute toture...

But I made it through painfully might I add:(

This morning I feel so good that I have six full days under my belt SSing.

Love Mini xxx

Well done Mini! You did very well to resist that!
I know that being slim is far more important than any of this Christmas food, but i'm going to try and avoid all the 'fringe food' and just enjoy my xmas meals! It's part of my family xmas, so as long as i get back on the plan as soon as possible I hope i'll be ok. I'm just looking forward to my parent's reaction as i'm 2 and a half stome lighter than I was when they last saw me!

It's so difficult when you're at other people's houses isn't it. I find that checking and rechecking my weight loss to date, looking at pictures of me thin verus me fat, and recalculating when I'll be "x" weight, as often as possible, helps to keep the motivation up.

This Xmas we just haven't bought all the "extra" stuff. No chocolates, no nuts, no cakes; just a few mince pies for visitors. Sounds a bit bah humbug but if it ain't they're you can't eat it!

Hi juju_doll,

I am cooking for family and relations and I am so looking forward to it...I absolutely love Christmas and all the atmosphere around it.

Two and half stone is fantastic and I know when I first lost that much I could really feel the difference in myself.

I had so much to lose, I don't think many noticed it off me:( Besides my family, found it hard to see it myself at times.

It is good to have a plan regardless of your decision to eat or not to eat.

Love Mini xxx

It's so difficult when you're at other people's houses isn't it. I find that checking and rechecking my weight loss to date, looking at pictures of me thin verus me fat, and recalculating when I'll be "x" weight, as often as possible, helps to keep the motivation up.

This Xmas we just haven't bought all the "extra" stuff. No chocolates, no nuts, no cakes; just a few mince pies for visitors. Sounds a bit bah humbug but if it ain't they're you can't eat it!

Hi Athos,

Even though I am a confirmed chocolate holic I have bought a couple of tins of Cadbury Roses to put out in bowls and I love looking at bowls of nuts and sweets around the house for Christmas.

I did it last Christmas as well and I never went near them, hopefully I can say the same again this one.

Love Mini xxx

Back