Christmas LBD plan :0)

Speaking of lack of motivation, mine is slipping too. I'm a serial weigher and my scales haven't moved since weigh in on saturday despite being on plan 100% every day... I'm not going to give up because that's the reason why I am overweight in the first place... giving up, putting on weight, coming back, losing weight, giving up....

I just hate those weeks when you have given your all and 100% but it doesn't show :(
Official weigh in isn't till Saturday so i still could have lost by then but my scales aren't showing yet, i really hope so xx

Every week on a Wednesday, I start thinkng about WI on Thursday...wondering if I could have done better...wondering if I should have done more exercise, I never expect a big loss...but I try. When you're as old as me, you don't want to start thinking about all the things you couldn't do because you've been overweight . Just think positive and do the best you can xx

I know exactly what you mean Polly. I have sts this week and know it's because we've had a couple of social functions. I start off with good intentions when we go along to these but once there my willpower disappears. I'm happy with a slow loss and have set myself a "realistic" target of 1lb a week. Hoping to get down to 12stone for Christmas. It is harder to lose weight as you get older but we will get there.
Good luck with WI this week

Had my first weigh in at group tonight. Lost 4.5 lbs so really, really pleased :) Busy weekend coming up but will try to stick to plan as much as possible. Good luck to everyone this week.

Well done kvb - you must be thrilled with that! Hope it gives you the motivation to be as good as possible this week!

Speaking of lack of motivation, mine is slipping too. I'm a serial weigher and my scales haven't moved since weigh in on saturday despite being on plan 100% every day... I'm not going to give up because that's the reason why I am overweight in the first place... giving up, putting on weight, coming back, losing weight, giving up....

I just hate those weeks when you have given your all and 100% but it doesn't show :(
Official weigh in isn't till Saturday so i still could have lost by then but my scales aren't showing yet, i really hope so xx

I know that feeling all too well - it doesn't help when there's always someone in group who loses 2lbs and says 'I don't know how I did that, I went out three times and drank loads of wine!'... It will show at some point though, so keep going! Good luck for Saturday x

I know exactly what you mean Polly. I have sts this week and know it's because we've had a couple of social functions. I start off with good intentions when we go along to these but once there my willpower disappears. I'm happy with a slow loss and have set myself a "realistic" target of 1lb a week. Hoping to get down to 12stone for Christmas. It is harder to lose weight as you get older but we will get there.
Good luck with WI this week

There's nothing wrong with the scenic route - I know it so well I should really be a tour guide!!

LOLOL!! I love that "There's nothing wrong with the scenic route - I know it so well I should really be a tour guide!!" I'm down 1.5 lbs this week, and LYNDSEY my biggest disappointment is when I get on my own scales at home. They NEVER say the same as SW...this week they showed a 3lb loss on MONDAY.....yes it boosted me up at the time, but officially today, it was just 1.5.....3 days later. I weighed myself before I went this morning, got on twice and reset in between...weighed the same...then I reset and moved them to a different place and I was 1lb lighter!! Mine weren't expensive, but they weren't cheap either, so really they should weigh properly! What was your start date this time, I see you've lost a stone so well done!
Spanx, you're only 7lbs off your target, that's fantastic!! I hope I'm saying that this time next year.
Maintaining is good Christine, at least no gain...and you have to enjoy yourself, no one wants to be a hermit! xx

Thank you everyone so very much for your kind words and sorry for not replying sooner, the internet on the ship has been up and down!
I ended up losing the 1 1/2 lbs I put on last week which is all I really wanted and more (but certainly does leave me puzzled because I did eat 2 days over my syns.)

Decided to write down what I was feeling on my blow out days and accepted that that was really one of the first days that I had done that and if I could overcome that then I could pick myself up and start again the next day!

I really appreciate having a place to talk/vent/ask for help. Thank you so much again!

Found my motivation again and realised that while losing 4lbs some weeks is great I should really appreciate losing 1-2lbs each week (that would mean 18 or more pounds lost by Christmas!!). I have set myself a very scary target weight (9stone) and also promised myself that once I reach a size 8/10 I would go on a major shopping spree (so of course psychologically I just want to get there NOW so that I can enjoy it!) ;) Okay enough talk from me now x

Congrats on all the losses this week :)

KVB that is amazing, well done!

b_44 welcome, come on in and make yourself at home :)

You're just like me Talisha...just impatient to see good results, but I'm 100% sure, we're not on our own! keep plodding on xx

Morning girls, feeling much better today. Think I was just having a bit of a strop because my scales weren't moving (and still haven't). I didn't go off plan, but did allow myself to have a little Kiplings bakewell cake (which i synned)
Then we went to Nando's last night and i had a 3.5 syns meal. :)

I need to get out of the mindset that just because the scales aren't moving doesn't mean i haven't lost weight, i don't take my measurements but i'm sure if i did i would see that i've lost inches somewhere.

Going to work my bum off extra hard this coming week, no excuses :) x

Come on girls. You're all doing brilliantly! I only lost 1/2lb this week but theres only 2 weeks to my hols so I'm trying even harder! I've even been on scan bran cake (that's how desperate I am!!)
We can do it, I believe in us!! xxxx

Sent from my eye phone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Weighed in even though I wasn`t going to!
STS this week. Missed my pre-hols target, but never mind!

Will renew my efforts when I get back!!

Lyndsey, my scales don't move quick enough for me either, and I didn't take any measurements till last week. I'm only going to measure once a month but I know the inches are coming off because all my clothes are looser, I'm wearing a size smaller pants, and also jeans, although when I look in the mirror, apart from my face I can hardly see any difference!! Even 1/2 a lb, is half that mug of fat, so we're all going down, albeit not quick enough, but then again, it didn't pile on quickly either did it.
Like I read somewhere on here, slow and steady always wins ..........
Have a good holiday Annie xx

Thank you everyone (yes I am very inpatient especially when it comes to losing weight)
But you are right we didn't put it on in a few days so why would you lose it quickly ;)

I did STS this morning at official weigh in. I was gutted to begin with but sitting down and looking at my losses has made me feel much better about it, had quite big losses the past few weeks so i'm guessing my body is just catching up x

Have you been to Alton Towers Lindsey, or did you miss that one out?
Disheartening isn't it? especially if you've been 100% all week....but I try to think it's maintaining for a week instead of sts....doesn't make any difference really, just makes me feel a bit better xx
:rolleyes:

Have you been to Alton Towers Lindsey, or did you miss that one out?
Disheartening isn't it? especially if you've been 100% all week....but I try to think it's maintaining for a week instead of sts....doesn't make any difference really, just makes me feel a bit better xx
:rolleyes:

I am planning to buy myself a ticket when i get my 2 stone award but might have to change that now as the OH wants us to go in a few weeks (when the schools are back) and i don't think I'll have that award by then! xx

oh, wasn't looking at the weight, thought they were the next goals sort of thing. Well done on reaching the 13s. that's my next goal now xx

another 1.5lb off for me this so takes me to 17lb/53lb for me so far xx

Back