Christmas LBD plan :0)

1lb off; have 17lbs to lose to achieve the Christmas LBD diet. Sounds a lot but as long as I keep losing 1lb week should just do it.

Gotta count 14 weeks Christine, unless you're thinking of weighing in on Boxing Day!!
giggling.gif

I think with SW you don't feel deprived, if you want it, have it but make sure you count it in.Believe me I'm no:angeldevil:, but I don't buy things that tempt me because my willpower is less than nil! There are 8 or 9 of us pulling together (on another forum) where I have a little slimming board, we're doing different diets, but we make sure we talk to each other every day, which I find difficult on here because people seem to chat one minute and disappear the next, but I find the support like that really helps. I think if you can find a couple of "slimming buddies" it really motivates all of you together ...JMO of course xx

LOLOL! I thought it was pre-menstrual something or other!!:rolleyes:

I know what you mean, I sometimes post and no one answers me, it's like I'm invisible!! :cry:Other people have been amazing though and so inspirational :D
I agree having someone to motivate you if you need a boost is what we all need sometimes. That's what I'm here for anyway

You made me giggle with your PM something :8855:
Have a good week and take care x

I know there's a thread about being polite on the forum, people ask questions and some of the ladies go to great lengths to answer and try to help, and then the original poster doesn't come back. I think a lot of us feel invisible at times. I've just got a few threads that I subscribe to regularly now, I go and read on the forum bit if I have time, but don't really bother to anser anymore, it's as if I'm talking a foreign language as replies are very few and far between. I started my little group almost the same time as I joined Minis, there's just 10 of us and we all support each other, and nearly all of us post every day if we can. To date, we've lost a massive 250lbs, and I'm so [proud of all of us. xx
lolol! I don't know some of the jargon and short cuts people use...PM to me is always pre menstrual!
files

Congrats Christine!

Hello ladies! Well done on the losses Talisha, Polly and Christine and well done on your very small holiday gain Loveisaverb!

I've been very demoralised the last few weeks - this weight is just not shifting. Lost half a pound last week, which makes 5.5lbs in 11 weeks - which is not great considering I've been pretty much on plan the whole time, with the odd night out, or social event (and even then I flexi-synned and stayed within my preset limits!)

My Consultant seems a bit stumped too, she says she can see no reason why I'm not losing... :(

This week I'm refocusing and writing a detailed diary for my consultant, with all my meals and snacks listed - along with the time I ate them and whether they were S, SS etc. Actually finding it really helpful in terms of having to go back and check the book to see what foods are S or SS, plus the H, F and Cs of course!

Just really hoping for at least a 1lb loss this week, I keep thinking I must be due a big one soon!

Hope you are all having a great week x

Oh that can be so disheartening, but I'm glad you're sticking with it. You've lost a huge amount, and it sounds like you've hit a plateau and need a jump start. trouble is, like everyone says the last few pounds are always the worst. One of my ladies is doing the 5.2 diet to give herself a boostm that's SW plan for 5 days, and fasting for 2......that's not fasting as in having nothing, on those 2 days she sticks to 500 cals a day, and it's working for her. xx

Thanks Polly, I've got a couple of friends who have done, or are doing 5:2 - with mixed results. It may be something I'll consider if things don't start moving again soon, but I have to say the thought of having to stick to 500 cals a day fills me with dread! x

Hi girls! I lost 2.5lbs this week @ official weigh in, in in actual fact it was 6lbs as I had a blow out weekend away and gained 3.5lbs (had booked a sw holiday for that week so didn't have to officially acknowledge it!). I tried having a different breakfast every day and made sure I used all syns and he's. Thank fully it worked! On to next week now! Good luck ladies! (ps I've choosen my LBD for chistmas so now just need to save up money and get this weight shifted to fit into it!)

I'm so pleased! I've been trying the 5:2 sw mix and lost 4lbs this week :) So next week I'm going to have 10 super free foods every day to try and lose my last 1/2 lb and get my 1 stone award.
Well done everyone on your losses and thank you for listening/ acknowledging me, I'm on a roll haha.
Have a good week xxx

Sent from my eye phone using MiniMins.com mobile app

Well done Kaz and Loveisaverb.

Love, 4lbs is fantastic - that's another vote for 5:2 then! What did you eat on your two fasting days?

Hi, I was just about to ask that too! Very interested in what u can actually eat for 500 oval, I haven't calorie counted before! might try it in November as the big push for christmas!

Well done girls, I'm not exactly sure what my friend has on the 5.2, I know she has a good breakfast, and also soup, but what else I'm not sure about.. Might just do that myself this week. It's my birthday tomorrow...well today now, and we've got a family get together. I've chosen Chinese, cos I know the syn values, so could try it Monday and Wednesday, and see how I get on xx

Happy birthday Polly.
On the fast days i don't have breakfast, lunch is salad and chicken, fruit in the afternoon and more salad for tea. Boring but it worked! I find it easier to do when I'm at work as I don't have time to think about food x

Sent from my eye phone using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I would love to join this! I really really want to lose 2 stone for Christmas- not sure if this is even possible but thought I should give it my all!

I want to be a comfortable size 14 I'm every shop :).

Update I think 1 and half stone may be more realistic for me :)

Last edited:
Well done everyone, seems this 5:2 diet might be the perfect thing to shake things up a bit?
Had a 1lb gain this week--I blame my star week.

Back on the boats again for 2 weeks so will try my best to stick to SW!

Welcome MadameJones--it's never too late to join :)
Wishing you all the success in reaching your mini target for Christmas!

Thank you, I'm excited to get started :)

What's this 5:2?? I'm intrigued to see if it can help me kick start my weight loss.. Been pretty stagnant lately!!

5:2 didn`t work for me!! Got too obsessed with food!!:)

Trying calorie counting at the mo. Allowing myself 1200 cals per day.

SW is great but all the free and super free food hasn`t taught me portion control.
So calorie counting the SW way!! :)

Thank you (Loveisaverb......oh that's such a mouthful!! lolol!) I had a Chinese tonight...well 1/2 a Chinese, but had CAKE!!my Grandchildren walked in with a giant chocolate cupcake, singing, and complete with candles!! first piece of cake since the last week in May, and I couldn't resist a slice of my own birthday one, well it would be rude to refuse wouldn't it? lol!
PORTION CONTROL??? what's that? I pile my plate with free and superfree, and don't even think about portions.........perhaps that's my downfall in never having BIG losses! I thought about the 5.2 and wondered about Scan Bran?? I've no idea about the calories though, and I like them with cheesy triangles, marmite and topped with cucumber...plus I find them very filling....what do you think?

MJ 25, think it's 14 weigh ins till Christmas, well it's 100 days actually...divide it up, 28 lbs in 100 days = ????...1lb a week gives you a stone...so ..... good luck x

Back