Christmas Party

Do you speak many languages More?

I speak 2 langauges fluently, English and Spanish. I do speak Turkish, Italian, Portugese, but I'll say I speak them 70/75% because I don't understand everything, so not 100% fluent :) I have a thing for languages, I pick them up easily..

I speak German quite well from being stationed there, some cantonese and a little Gurkhali More.

Nice Jim German seems like it's a hard. I just know how to say hello, goodbye how much and etc.. LOL.. cantonese wow I'm impressed

I love pasta!

So much so that I use Dreamfield's now: expensive but deliciously low carb. Don't eat it every day tho, maybe two/three times a week at the most.

Those who have reached goal weight and are maintaining on Atkins are to be saluted. As ever, men seem to lose faster! They can eat tons more, too.

LOL @ the pasta Girly.

I was stationed in Singapore and Hong Kong more, that's where I picked up the Cantonese and the Gurkhali. :)

Wow Jim that's great...I bet it was nice being stationed there. I haven't been as far east as I'd like to go. That's on my list of places to do and go before I'm 50 yrs. old.

and 2 tours of Cyprus More. :)

It's great being a soldier. :D

Yes it is.. seeing the different places and etc.. at someone's else expense :)

LOL Laura,

and getting to live there, not just a holiday. :D

LOL @ Laura..

Jim that's so true.. vacationing somewhere and living there are two different things.. yes Italy is beautifula nd etc.. but living here is a different thing. I was a bit surprised at how 3rd world mentality they have. They are in some ways on that level with Mexico and I lived there for 3 years. It was the corruption that drove me away.. Paradise it was.. my heart is always there..

Last edited:
Hmm, the south east of France is a bit 3rd worldy as well More, we still intend to retire there though. :)

Wow More I never realised you have travelled and lived in so many places. Where would you say is your favourite place you have been/lived?

Yes I've been around LOL.. My goal is to go Asia and see Thailand, Singapore and over to the land down under..

I've been around Europe, Central America, South America, Carribean - Cuba, Bahamas and Turkey. I loved mexico because the people are so friendly and lively.. When they say they are your friends they really are. Mexico is a place that will always be in my heart. But the corruption which was a daily part of life in many aspects(shopping and etc..) was just too much for me. I was lucky that they all thought I was cuban- I speak fluent spanish as my father's side of the family they are dominican) and didn't try and rip me off like they do with the gringos.. Turkey was nice. I felt as if I was back in the AD or BC times. So much history is there it's incredible. I also love europe. You Europeans are so lucky to be able to fly to different countries for the weekend and etc.. We north americans don't have such that pleasure.

Im able to travel around and live in different places because back when I lfet university and took a job out in Seattle with Microsoft I took the stock options and made a lot of money to set aside for retirement and travel. I started working for them when I was almost 22 years. after working for them for 9 years I was burnt out and resigned.. best decision Ive ever made. Seattle is a cool place to live, I just didnt like the gray skies and rain.

wow you have been around lol

mexicans sound nice, but corruption? How do you mean?

Have you ever been to UK? Scotland??

Turkey sounds nice too, if we can afford another holiday i think that may be at the top of the list.

Never been to america, i wish i had though. Have been to France, Paris way back with high school. have also been to rhodes, greece, porto cristo in spain oh and ibiza for our favourite 2 week all inclusive package holiday! lol :p

Yes I've been around..
mexico is corrupted like most south american and central american countries were you have to bribe people to do everyday things and etc.. and it's very open and not a hidden thing.. Just couldn't deal with seeing the things that I saw child prostitution and etc.. and the sad thing is the families are the one who push them to do it..

anyway, I'm a regular visitor to the UK in London and Oxford. I've never been to Scotland but that is on my list..

You've traveled around europe.. Ibizia is nice but it's definietly for the younger crowd I'm not that old in my 30s. The states is a bit far away but if you get a chance you shuld go and I recommend states like arizona, new mexico and nevada and montana and seattle. Everyone goes to New York, LA or Miami my hometown but the US is so big and some states are absoutely breath-taking. I'd like to buy a house in Arizona or New Mexico it's so beautiful and peaceful. The south is nice tennesse, the carolinas and georgia are charming also..

LOL @ Jim you maybe right.. some may take that literally LOL :)

Hey More - what an interesting life you've led (and in such a short time). I've never been one for travel - don't quite know why. Spent several years based in Germany, when my ex was in the RAF. Have had a couple of hols in various european destinations, but nothing exotic.

I've often thought I'd like to visit the USA and if I get chance I may look to the areas you suggest, rather than the usual haunts.

I knew a girl who spent a lot of time in Mexico, amongst other places, and she loved it. She told me of the corruption and how it eventually made her leave, she also said it was the only place she used to carry a gun :eek: that really freaked me out.

I've been to italy just once - a bit expensive (in the touristy places) but lovely scenery and I'd love to go again some day.

hey domino, yes I love to move around.. It's in my blood I think I was a gyspy in one of my former lives...

yes if you decide to go to the states go to the places I suggested. The US is so big and so much beauty and the landscape changes so much. I get amazed at how big we are and the changes in our terrain.

wow I never had to carry a gun in Mexico but I did know people who did. Maybe it's because they thought I was cuban and they considered me a local. Now if your friend looked like he/she didnt belong meaning he didnt look mexican or of central american or south american decent then I can understand why.. beautiful place and people just the corruption..

Italy is expensive but once again if you get away from Pisa, Firenze and the tourist cities it's more beautiful and not too expensive but I do think Italy is expensive in general

Back