Christmas present thread

ScarlettStar86

Gold Member
Following some chatter in another thread yesterday about what you are buying the people in your life for Christmas, I thought it would be a nice idea to have a thread where we can post what we are getting people. Might help others who are stuck for ideas (plus I'm nosey!)

Post your ideas here!

So far I have done almost all my nephew's presents he will be 9 months at Christmas so I've made him a stocking and will put into it-

A twilight turtle nightlight (projects constellations onto the walls and ceiling)
Stacking rings
Rainmaker rattle toy
A book
Also I am going to buy a big blue bauble and decorate it for him for his first christmas.

Boyfriend I'm going to get-
Hamper from the chilli shop down on Brighton marina as he loved it in there and is rationing his hot sauce as its almost gone!
A replica 1970's crystal palace shirt

My sister in law I shall be getting her a charm for her "links of London" bracelet

No idea for the rest of my family (parents, 3 brothers and 1 sister in law!)

Haven't a clue! I haven't even thought about it yet. Kick up the backside please...?

Tesco have all their toiletry gift sets half price until 5th November.

Half price dove sets and nivea sets etc. Great for family and friends.

Suits me as I have 27 people to buy for. Not including my own 4 children.

Not even thought about it yet lol suppose I better get a spurt on - its my OH's 50th at the end of this month and im struggling what to get him for that too

Not even started!!!

I take my daughter shopping and she gets £150 to spend on clothes so that's easy. OH tells me what he wants and then I just buy for parents and a couple of kids.

Will start to pick stocking fillers up for daughter soon though.

I am stuck for ideas for my kids this year as they are at funny ages I think the 11 and then 13 year old anyway...too old for toys and too young for what they want ha ha! The 20 year old hasnt said what she wants yet but am sure she will have ideas! Trouble is she leaves it too near the time when I've already got what she doesn't want!
I'd like to get my sister and her bf who she's moving in with this weekend an actifry but thats quite expensive and I need to see if they have got the room for it too. My mum and her hubby are a lot better off than us and I find that quite hard but was thinking maybe tickets to a gig or show.
Not sure what to get hubby but have wondered about sorting xbox live out for him and the boys but not sure what this entails really!
Other people we just get token gifts really and all thus will depend on what moneys available and at the moment thats not a lot!
I would like the new kindle though if anyones asking ;) oh and theatre tickets always go down well with me too!

I am SO festive at the minute and am loving buying pressies. So far I've got/am planning to get.

Mum-Rod Stewart autobiography, Donny and Marie Osmond CD (I'm taking her to see them in Jan for her 50th so thought the cd would be good), a personalised calendar filled with pics of our family holiday and a voucher for the local beauty studio. Will probably buy her some smellies too! She's all sorted!

Sister (17)-One Direction Calendar, One Direction annual and Little Mix-Ready to Fly book

Sister (12)-Miley Cyrus-Can't be Tamed piano book (I love this present as it's something that she has nothing even simillar to) and will get her a few DVD's

Still not sure of my dad, stepdad, dad's girlfriend, gran and grandad and my 2 best friends (1 male, 1 female). Males are SO effing hard to buy for. I'm sort of on a budget this year as I've no full time work lined up eek!

My mum and her hubby are a lot better off than us and I find that quite hard but was thinking maybe tickets to a gig or show.
Not sure what to get hubby but have wondered about sorting xbox live out for him and the boys but not sure what this entails really!
Other people we just get token gifts really and all thus will depend on what moneys available and at the moment thats not a lot!
I would like the new kindle though if anyones asking ;) oh and theatre tickets always go down well with me too!

My sister rec'd theatre tickets as a gift, I think they were like a 'gift card' so she didn't need to use them on a particular show.

I love Christmas, I just love it all, I start getting excited in January, yep January, & have different levels of excitment throughout the year, I'm just a tad excited at the mo (too excited for my hols instead).

Anyhow, I get stockings for OH, DS, DD & her boyfriend, my brother, my sister & her partner. In the stockings will be various things, which always includes, a chocolate santa (Christmas isnt' complete without one), underwear for DD & DS (DS likes Hugo Boss:eek:), & I'll get OH some socks & boxers; this year DS & DD both moved out & DD would like some 'nice' food items in her stocking so both children have got a more expensive honey (how dear is honey these days), Aero drinking chocolate, marshmallows (for drinking choc), oh I went to Twinings shop & bought some drink stuff, can't remember what it is at the mo. I'll pick up other food related items as I go about my usual shop. My brother, sister & her partner will get similar items but not quite as much.

We've got 5 nieces & nephews they all get money, but I make a cracker & Christmas box, inside the box is their money, party popper, christmas chocs & something else small, in the cracker is a 'token' gift usually lippy for the girls & shave gel/oil for the boys.

I also make crackers for OH, DS, DD & her boyfriend, brother, sister & her partner.

My mum, step dad, dad & step mum usually get items like 'special' bath/nail/sweeties. But this year we've had the Preston Guild & muy dad now lives in London, so I'm going to get him a guild cup, guild ground coffee & perhaps a guild book.

As you may have noticed I do like my holidays, so for the last few years me & OH have just go each other a stocking & put money in the holiday pot, which suits me just fine.

I'll ask my sister & her partner what they want. DS & DD will get money & I'm thinking I'll get DD boyfriend a nice t-shirt.

DDs boyfriend has a 3 year old son (we are now nannie Michelle & grandad Bob:rolleyes:) so 'grandson' will get a small stocking which includes, dinosaur choc biscuits, dinosaur socks, dinosaur underpants, a fireman sam t-shirt (ha, ha I bet you thought it was going to be dinosaur) we'll also buy him a small gift, for not more than £20.

'citing times:D

Christmas is about different things to different people. Presents form a big part of Christmas!

I like this thread and I wish I lived with happy holidays too!!!!

I've got 7 nieces and nephews and so far got them all one smaller gift - t-shirts from asda for the boys (£5-7) and kitchen-style make believe gifts for the girls. (Asda 2 for £10!!)
Need to get the girls and item of clothing and the boys a little toy!
Love spoiling them but got told off my SIL 2 yrs ago for buying 'more than Santa' - lesson learnt there I tell u!!

Got my goddaughter (see pic! :) ) am Noah's arc set ( half price toy sale at Argos!) and the same for my best friends little boy!

Got my mother - the great British bake off book - half price book of the week!

Getting my dad some new trainers - he has recently taken up the gym again after a bad back!

Hubby wants work shirts (boring but essential!)

Brother -??? He is moving house end of nov so no doubt will b house-related!!

I have already got nice sized boxes of chocs for the girls in the office at work (3 for £10! Now priced at £7.50 each - will b on offer again I'm sure)

Hubby's family - MIL?? Help!!!
Step-FIL - home brew set (to buy)
FIL - amazon kindle token
Step-MIL - ??

There will be a few others that pop up along the way I am sure but I am feeling prepared so far!! Not as prepared as some tho!!

Ok here's mine:

OH- goalie gloves, ticket to see man united play at old Trafford and holly willoughby calendar - brought

Sister and her OH- new slow cooker and some posh place mats - (she asked for them both so that was easy) - brought

Mum and dad- not a clue yet.

Nan and gramps- will make a hamper with hand made goodies and bottle of nice wine and few bits in.

OH parents- his mum I brought clarins face stuff
His dad I brought appletons rum - brought

Best friend 1: we're r doing just home made bits for each other so will be doing cookies cakes etc.

Best friend 2: some nice smellies maybe by dove or simple and home made stuff.

X Kelly X said:
Ok here's mine:

OH- goalie gloves, ticket to see man united play at old Trafford and holly willoughby calendar - brought

Sister and her OH- new slow cooker and some posh place mats - (she asked for them both so that was easy) - brought

Mum and dad- not a clue yet.

Nan and gramps- will make a hamper with hand made goodies and bottle of nice wine and few bits in.

OH parents- his mum I brought clarins face stuff
His dad I brought appletons rum - brought

Best friend 1: we're r doing just home made bits for each other so will be doing cookies cakes etc.

Best friend 2: some nice smellies maybe by dove or simple and home made stuff.

The hamper is a great idea!!
If my bro doesn't pick owt I may make him one!! Thanks!!

Back