Christmas present thread

Wow how exciting about the move, what will you be doing there?

Ooh, I have to admit I am starting to get a little excited now! I love Christmas time. I officially started my shopping yesterday.

The little Hallmark shop in Darlington where I work is closing down and they are selling everything off for half price. So I managed to get lovely Christmas cards for a fraction of the price I would normally pay. I don't send a lot of christmas cards, just to family and close friends. I got a joint card for my mam and dad, a card for my brother, boyfriend, married friends Katie and Sean and my other closest friend Sarah. I also bought a little quote plaque (totally off topic, it's for my Consultant to pop on the interest table) for £2.50 and the whole lot came to less than a £10er. I am a sucker for nice cards and Hallmark are that indeed! Considering most of them are usually around the £3 mark each, I thought that was pretty good going.

I also have ordered a couple of little presents. Well they are more pre-Christmas presents than to open on the actual day. They are little tree decorations. A friend / colleague at work has two small children. Last year when she only had the 1 (Oscar), I got him a little wooden gingerbread man tree decoration with "Oscars 1st Christmas, 2012" written on it. So this year I have ordered the same (but 2013!) for her newest addition, George. I have also ordered something similar for my married friends Katie and Sean, as this is their first Christmas as a married couple. It's a pair of little gingerbread people - a bride and a groom - which can also be hung from the tree. They are meant to be wedding decorations and usually come with the bride and grooms first names and then the date they married written on them. However I have asked for them to be adapted so that they will have their full names on and then 2013. Just thought it would be nice to mark their first married Christmas and also a little keepsake. Will try and post some pics so you get the idea of what they will look like.

$(KGrHqR,!igE8g!-0bLKBPSQNut0ng~~60_35.jpgokojm.jpg

Anyone else started? What have you bought so far??

Ooh, I have to admit I am starting to get a little excited now! I love Christmas time. I officially started my shopping yesterday.

The little Hallmark shop in Darlington where I work is closing down and they are selling everything off for half price. So I managed to get lovely Christmas cards for a fraction of the price I would normally pay. I don't send a lot of christmas cards, just to family and close friends. I got a joint card for my mam and dad, a card for my brother, boyfriend, married friends Katie and Sean and my other closest friend Sarah. I also bought a little quote plaque (totally off topic, it's for my Consultant to pop on the interest table) for £2.50 and the whole lot came to less than a £10er. I am a sucker for nice cards and Hallmark are that indeed! Considering most of them are usually around the £3 mark each, I thought that was pretty good going.

I also have ordered a couple of little presents. Well they are more pre-Christmas presents than to open on the actual day. They are little tree decorations. A friend / colleague at work has two small children. Last year when she only had the 1 (Oscar), I got him a little wooden gingerbread man tree decoration with "Oscars 1st Christmas, 2012" written on it. So this year I have ordered the same (but 2013!) for her newest addition, George. I have also ordered something similar for my married friends Katie and Sean, as this is their first Christmas as a married couple. It's a pair of little gingerbread people - a bride and a groom - which can also be hung from the tree. They are meant to be wedding decorations and usually come with the bride and grooms first names and then the date they married written on them. However I have asked for them to be adapted so that they will have their full names on and then 2013. Just thought it would be nice to mark their first married Christmas and also a little keepsake. Will try and post some pics so you get the idea of what they will look like.

View attachment 112049View attachment 112048

Anyone else started? What have you bought so far??

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the gingerbread men decorations? My brother got married this summer and it would be nice to get them a pair of those xx

This time last year I had most of my presents bought, this year I have nothing. I've cut down who I'm buying for this year as with going to Florida I can't be spending money on lots of friends etc so I've asked my friends not to buy me anything as I won't be buying them and I really hope they stick to it! I sound like scrooge but it just gets sooo expensive.
I need to buy for my mum, stepdad, 2 sisters, gran and grandad (joint pressie) and dad and stepmum (joint pressie). I have NO idea what to buy!

Edit: Just ordered part of mum's
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0057A2ZZG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
she collects these. Will just be getting something small to go with it now.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I've set myself the challenge of buying only from independent retailers / local producers and hand made (haha - don't there'll be too much of THAT happening here though!).

These are the sellers I've used so far for trinkets and alcohol...

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BethanyEowyn (cute little one off make up bags / purses)
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ComfortablyCreepy (punky baby clothes / jewellery)
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Luxulite amazing retro jewellery
https://www.etsy.com/shop/fluffsstuffs lovely cute retro jewellery
The Ely Gin Company » Our products locally produced flavoured Gin - I got the chocolate flavour :)
Backstreet I got a voucher to go towards a meal at their favourite Bistro (will probably cover the starter, but hey ho)

I'm looking forward to the Mill Road Winter Fair in Cambridge on 7th December to buy some edible treats and Xmas Cards etc, while getting right into the Xmas spirit. It's not what people think of when planning a trip to Cambridge, but it's well worth a journey to the city that day. The railway station is just a few minutes walk from Mill Road as well, so easy peasy :D

That's what I was trying to figure out? Guns?? x

Back