Christmas Presents....

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by xsarahloux, 19 October 2009 Social URL.

1. xsarahloux

xsarahloux ~~someday!~~

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    hi guys,

i'm getting to the point where i want to start my xmas shopping but dont know what to get anyone!! i have the most trouble with the men in my life! brother is easy as he's just bought a house so i wont have any trouble with him!

my dad (age 54)- what do you get the man who has everything?! i normally spend about £50 on him. i've done books, DVDs, cufflinks, clothing, golf stuff, car stuff and that's pretty much all his interests! he's a very successful business man who has no free time at all (which kinda rules out tickets to something) and i never know what to do!

my grandad (age 70!) - loves his golf but think i've been on a bit of a theme lately with that. last year got him personalised golf balls hehe. tend to spend about £30.

my boyfriends dad - (age 63) loves wine, history and researching his family tree! very quite retiring type and tough to please! average spend £20

my boyfriends brother - (age 32) loves football and got married a couple of weeks ago, but they have everything they need for the new home. average spend £20

URGH!!! help!!!! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. summergurl

summergurl ♥3 Years Maintaining♥

Start Weight:
    19st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    8st0lb(41.18%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Lipotrim, Exante
    Ahhhh SL ... i have this problem too!

Although i have bought a few things already for my bf ... got him a wallet, beard trimmer, some socks, a pc game ... and then its just little bits like boxers, chocolates & scratchcards. He only told me he wanted a wallet and beard trimmer so im sure he will like the rest.

I too dont know what to get my youngest brother - ive about £20 to spend on him ... hes 15 ... any ideas?

My other brother has just bought a house with his gf so i am getting them a voucher from the post office that is valid in quite a few stores, like currys, debenhams etc .... what about that for one of your family members? Got quite a lot of choice on there.

Iv not a clue what to get anyone else in my family - got my mum & dad, grandma & grandad still to plan for .... LOL

Officially buying christmas presents suck right?!!! LOL

Hows about a vintage bottle of wine for your bfs dad? Im sure you can get them somewhere and for not too much money.

For your bfs brother - what team does he support? Have a goose on the team's website and see in the gift section if theres anything on there, collectable or something, or even better, browse ebay for some memrobilia. Also, i know there is a new dvd coming out with Danny Dyer and football blunders or something (from play.com - have a look they do some good football dvds) - a must for any footy fan! Thinking of getting that one for my bf too.

Hows about buying your grandad a round of golf - something different to actually a present about golf - if that makes sense?!! LOL

And i am too stuck about what to get your dad who has no time ... :S

4. soon2Byummymummy!

soon2Byummymummy! Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Its tough shopping for gifts especially when the people your buying for seem to have everything already???? i have to say with my parents (who yes have evrything) i usually end up either putting money in a gift card or putting money on a gift card for their fav clothing store??? this could work for any rels just find out their fav store etc

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.