Christmas trifle ideas anyone??

Memmsy

Know it's a way away yet, but I've been thinking about how I can dukanise my festive menu. I adore trifle, and although I know a lot of the things in an ordinary one are no no's. How would you approach it from a cruise point of view?I was thinking maybe some jelly and goji berries, an almond flavour muffin, some kind of custard (maybe a tolerated?) And some sweetened yoghurt???

I'd appreciate any ideas?!?!

Possibly sugar free jelly and muffins for the base, dukan custard, and then quark with sweetener mixed in for topping Mmmm......... Could just eat a big dollop now!!! :)

We did what Scooter suggests last Christmas and whilst I didn't think it was a patch on my usual chocolate-orange trifle (that I had to watch the kids scoff) it was perfectly pleasant, in fact DH really enjoyed it.

Maybe incorporate rhubarb? Rhubarb and ginger trifle - strong ginger muffins/orange sf jelly with cooked rhubarb in might be nice...that's if jelly will set with rhubarb in of course!

I can see that we are going to have to start practising this one. Your suggestions sound lovely and, for anyone in ketosis at Christmas, I'm sure it'll taste wonderful! :D

Back