Cruise PV Dukan Dinner Party - Help needed!!!

Taffy Girl

We are having friends over for dinner on Saturday evening and I need to come up with something Dukan friendly - my friend is on the cruise stage and its a day she can eat veg.....

Im thinking of Tapas to start including:-
* Olives (not sure if I can marinade them? and if so with what?)
* Chicken (& maybe prawn) skewers (again what can I marinade with? was thinking 0% yoghurt and curry powder but other suggestions welcome!)
* Fritata - eggs, peppers, onions & lean ham (& ? chorizo)
* Salmon pate in lettuce wraps (salmon, 0% fat yoghurt, mustard/horseradish & seasoning)
* Rocket and Watercress salad

Main course - grilled swordfish, roasted veg - peppers, red onion, mushrooms, courgettes - and some steamed veg (cauli, brocoli, carrots). Will do some green beans and a tomato based sauce for non-dieters

No idea for pudding - can she eat fruit? was thinking forest fruits, meringue and yogurt (eton mess type thing) or an exotic fruit salad (or jelly?!)

Would this be ok? or do you have any other ideas for any of the courses. I really want to make her evening special and not ruin her diet.

Thanks so much in advance. :)

hi hun

olives are a no and fruit is a no (rhubarb in small amounts is ok !! )
if you look in the recipe section there are some dukan friendly deserts there
the rest sounds great

What a lovely friend you are...

As Scrumps said, no olives or fruit.
For dessert, she can eat sugar free jelly (but mightn't like it...). Baked egg custards are my favourite (we can post a recipe if you like the idea)... rhubarb yes is good. If you have some oatbran, sweet muffins with a toffee Muller Lite in the mix perhaps. Just normal galette recipe + toffee Muller.

I wish all friends were like you.

<will you be MY friend?>

(I've got a blooming iced doughnut advert on my screen grrr)

We are having friends over for dinner on Saturday evening and I need to come up with something Dukan friendly - my friend is on the cruise stage and its a day she can eat veg.....

Im thinking of Tapas to start including:-
* Olives (not sure if I can marinade them? and if so with what?)
* Chicken (& maybe prawn) skewers (again what can I marinade with? was thinking 0% yoghurt and curry powder but other suggestions welcome!)
* Fritata - eggs, peppers, onions & lean ham (& ? chorizo)
* Salmon pate in lettuce wraps (salmon, 0% fat yoghurt, mustard/horseradish & seasoning)
* Rocket and Watercress salad

Main course - grilled swordfish, roasted veg - peppers, red onion, mushrooms, courgettes - and some steamed veg (cauli, brocoli, carrots). Will do some green beans and a tomato based sauce for non-dieters

No idea for pudding - can she eat fruit? was thinking forest fruits, meringue* and yogurt (eton mess type thing) or an exotic fruit salad (or jelly?!)

Would this be ok? or do you have any other ideas for any of the courses. I really want to make her evening special and not ruin her diet.

Thanks so much in advance. :)

You're a seriously lovely friend! I'd love someone to cook me that, diet or not.:)

I've highlighted in red everything that is OK (as far as I remember), including meringue but it needs to be made with sweetner (candarel powdered stuff is fine) instead of sugar.

Garlic and chilli are also both fine for marinades (and I use both with prawns), not sure about the horseradish - have a feeling that it will have sugar in it (don't have any so can't check) so if it does, don't use it. The jelly too is fine (sugar-free). Rhubarb is allowed and there are recipes on the recipe thread at the top of Dukan forum if you want to venture into cakey things (can personally recommend the rhubarb crumble - lovely with Dukan custard or a dollop of fromage frais) or even just stewed rhubarb and custard (another favourite here).

Hope you have a great dinner party.:D

Thank you so much!!!! My buddy is doing sooooo well I just want to be supportive :) We went out for a meal for my birthday when she was in the first week and she ate plain fish for starter and plain steak for main whilst we were all tucking in to scrummy meals - so I dont want to repeat that experience here lol!

I am doing Slimming World and so this menu fits with that too. I asked hubby what he wanted to eat and this is what he came up with - so hopefully everyone will be happy!

Think I am going to try and make a panna-cotta type dessert with sugar free jelly and either vanilla muller light (which I think is OK) or some fat free yogurt or milk.... in a pretty mould - will have a little try this afternoon.

You guys are fab - thank you!
x

Just to echo what everyone has already said, you are such a good friend to have! So many friends seem to want to sabotage diets and get you eat naughty things - not necessarily to be horrible, but because they want to treat you - and that makes life on Dukan very difficult indeed. You're pretty damn fantastic!

Just in case it might help, here is a slightly adapted recipe for a crème au chocolat from the Dukan book that she might enjoy. I put them into little individual ramekins. They need to be chilled for at least a few hours before serving to be at their best.

Serves 3 in individual ramekins (says 4 in the book, but that makes the portions tiny)

3 eggs, separated
1/2 tsp cornflour
225ml skimmed milk
1 tsp cocoa powder (or you can substitute 1 tsp instant coffee or 1 vanilla pod, split lengthwise, insides removed and mixed with a few drops of vanilla)
3 tsp Aspartame sweetener

Mix the egg yolks with the cornflour in a bowl and beat until you have a smooth mousse.

Pour milk into a saucepan, along with flavouring of your choice and sweetener. Warm over a low heat. Remove from heat.

Add warmed milk mixture to egg yolks mixture. Put back on a low heat and keep stirring well until mixture thickens. Turn off the heat as soon as the mixture is thick enough to coat the spoon. (Make sure it doesn't overheat and scramble).

Pour into individual ramekins and chill very well before serving.

Hi,

a bit late from me and it's all been said already. You are a wonderful FRIEND to have! Very impressed, yes will you be my friend too please :)

I'll just post my simple baked vanilla custard recipe in case you need another idea and want to keep away from the cornflour and cocoa (you could ask her how strict she's being)

(makes 4 x 100ml sized ramekins)

Take a 1 or 2-pt measuring jug, break in
2 eggs, mix well with
1 TB granulated sweetener (I use Splenda)
1/2 - 1 TS of vanilla flavouring

Add skimmed milk to make up to 400ml

pour into 4 small ramekins (I recycled them from GU desserts!) and sprinkle with a bit of nutmeg if liked

Stand the ramkins in a roasting tin, pour boiling water in the tin until it come 3/4 up the ramekin sides. Bake in the oven at 150C for 30 mins. turn oven off an leave to cool in the oven for a couple of hours (I tend to forget them for longer...). Then store in the fridge. YUM, just made some last night :)

And a positive side effect - wipe out your oven afterwards - steam will have collected and loosened any baked-on residues so it's a doddle to clean with minimum effort!

Hey Anja - I make those week after week (using instant coffee powder instead of vanilla flavouring, mind), and I never realised about the oven cleaning benefits!

(Oh and what are "GU" desserts, as an ex-medical person, genitourinary popped straight into my mind !)

euwww nasty looking things ;)

Thanks so much (for your ideas and the lovely comments!)- am just off to do the shop now.

Anja thanks I am going to have a bash at making the baked vanilla. I have made a s/f jelly and am going to serve it as a very retro "jelly and blancmange" ;)

Am also going to do some calamari rings as tapas (instead of the olives).

Just wanted to check - I am assuming I cant use any oil whatsoever for cooking. I usually use the fry-light spray so its a minimal amount - but I guessing thats a no-no too?

fry light is ok usually wipe the frying pan out after spraying

I got landed with a dinner party about 2 weeks into my Dukan diet - it seemed to go ok, so maybe some of the following may help spark some ideas.

Canapes: I bought some quails eggs (about £3 a dozen, ready cooked) and made a "nest" out of watercress and sprinkled them celery salt and black pepper.
I also bought some smoked salmon scraps and rolled them into "cigarettes" with extra-light philadelphia with chives.
I made gin and tonics for guests as they arrived, and no one seemed to notice that I was drinking plain lo-cal tonic water, and stayed drinking it through the evening.

The Main course was a stew of shallots, whole garlic cloves and three kinds of mushrooms in white wine and parsley, with a pot of zero-fat greek yogurt mixed with lemon zest, and a green salad dressed with balsamic vinegar.

I put good bread and butter on the table, and invited people to help themselves (this is where I cheated and cut myself a slice!)

For desert I made a jelly out of hibiscus flower tea, using gelatine and splenda, served in wine glasses. Every else got a layer of pomegranate seeds on top as well.

Then coffee.

The bread was the only non Dukan thing that I ate.

Back