Christmas

Kes

Gold Member
I know no one wants to even think about christmas just yet....
but what does everyone do over christmas..
do you stop taking the tablets, so that you can enjoy the festive season, do you make changes? what changes do you make if you do???

i would love to still be able to cook up a roast for chrissy lunch...
but worried that im going to suffer from it for the next few days...
whats the best thing to do...
does anyone else do roasts??

i normally make my gravy (which is yummy) from the meat juices (and anything ive cooked the meat in) and then add the flour and water and then add stock cubes to make it taste that little extra nice!
is this still going to be bad, as the juices from the meat is obviously going to be the fat really isnt it???
really dont know what to do!

obviously i dont want to completly over do what i eat. i just want to be able to enjoy my meal and chirssy pud/custard

anyone got any ideas? or is anyone else going to stop taking the tabs a few weeks before and after chrissy???

I am not sure what I'm going to do just yet but I think stopping the tabs a few weeks before and after might be a little extreme for me, I think I might just stop for the days over christmas, christmas day and boxing day and then sttraight back to it, I only drink vodka so thats not a problem and its been so long since I've had meat and chocolate ect... I'm not really intending to eat these either, but we'll see eh!!!

I have only been on tablets for 5 weeks so I am a bit scared to stop them incase I dont go back on them - I don't know what to do :(

well ive been rubbish at remembering to take them lately so who know what could happen! WHat i will so tho is i went on holiday in august and stopped taking them the day before i went but 4 days later i was still having side effects! A few others have noticed this tooo!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeek!!

fab post tho!! got me thinkin about xmas again!!!

itssss the most wonderful time of the yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! llalalala

xxxx

You don't need to stop them the far before and after Christmas, a few days before will do and then you can start again right after. Really the only time that things get really messy is when you go overboard on a high fat food. Are you planning on doing that? You don't want to gain back any weight you've lost after all. I just always make sure that I go to the bathroom if I feel that I have to pass gas b/c you never know if something else will follow, right. That's my advice, I have been taking Xenical on and off for years now and by my experiences , just make sure you go to a toilet even if just passing gas and don't load up on the high fat foods. Stop the Xenical for a few days if it makes you feel more relaxed and better about it all and just have a good time.

well ive been rubbish at remembering to take them lately so who know what could happen! WHat i will so tho is i went on holiday in august and stopped taking them the day before i went but 4 days later i was still having side effects! A few others have noticed this tooo!!!

eeeeeeeeeeeek!!

fab post tho!! got me thinkin about xmas again!!!

itssss the most wonderful time of the yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! llalalala

xxxx
You will have the side effects for a few days after you stop taking them, thats right.

im not planning on a massive high fat intake. im just worried, that its not going to be "the same"....
i mean i still want to lose weight! thats my main priority... so maybe i just stick it out!

I've always eaten roasts!! Turkey and a massive pile of veg is a perfect meal for a Xenical taker! I do skip the yorkshire puds and roasties these days but other than that, a roast dinner is absolutely fine. I've never had a side effect yet from one. In fact have only had one side effect since May, and that was when I knowingly ate a take away curry, I knew as I was eating it the sauce was way too high in fat.... I have also even sneaked in the odd dessert when eating out with no side effects, maybe I've just been lucky! The tablets are working for me though, I've lost 48lbs and dropped 3 dress sizes since May :D So, in your answer to Xmas, I'll still be taking my tablets over Xmas definitely.

im just going to carry on the same, taking the tablets so that i make sure i watch what i eat. that is the whole point of them really isnt it anyway, so if i stop taking them, i will just know i can binge on anything and then i will be sooo upset when i put weight on. what is the point in stopping them over xmas so that you have to work extra hard to get the new weight off afterwards! its not worth it to me!!

im not a turkey lover.. (cant stand the stuff to be honest!! LOL) so i was planning a lamb...
maybe i could have a trial run one of the weeks soon, so then if i have problems its not over the time when im most busy...
im just worried that if i eat something bad its all going to go horribly wrong and then i wont keep taking them!

The key thing to getting over any holiday or event where you know the devil has planted food for us is PLANING. Plan out what you are going to eat. Lucky for me i go to my mums for dinner so she makes me a plate of the more healthier options hehe. Also just be strong, its hard not to eat chocolate ect but try to tell yourself 'you dont need this' and think how you would feel after you have eaten it.

Remember just cos its christmas thats no excuse to get side tracked. Christmas is more about your family not what you eat. Dont let this spoil your hard work.
Keep strong all x

i make roasties using par boiled tatties and frylight and i habe one of those jugs that seperates the fat from the juices of the meat and make my gravy similarly to yourself x

oohhhh a jug that seperates.... where do i get one of those???

ebay! about a 5er and 3 quid delivery
xxxxxxxx

what they called or what do they look like?

gravy separtators! i just looked on ebay! ive not gotone tho so i dunno what they r like!! Rosemary conley has her own!

2d90_35.JPG

thankyou!

your welcome! if u get one you'll have to let me know hat its like!!

xxxxxxxxxxx

i swear by mine!

Back