CHRISTMAS

debz32

Gold Member
Evening everyone - hope you had a good 'CD-ing' day.

Apologies for this thread and i KNOW it's only September BUT I should be about a stone away from goal come Christmas time.....

...so my question is this - to eat or not to eat (that is the question ! lol) Any advice from all you maintainers gratefully received :)

Was thinking I could have AAM on Xmas Day and then back to the plan on Boxing Day - does that sound reasonable :confused:

OMG only 95 days!!!

Well you've got 95 days to think about it! But if it was me I'd do AAM a few days before Xmas day and after! After all AAM is meant to be for a week so enjoy some turkey & sprouts...

OMG only 95 days where on earth did this year go...:eek:

Kamilla x

ive already decided ill either stay on sole source
or have a few veg and a bit of turkey

im dreading xmas with all the sweets and lovely mince pies and choccy baubles hanging off the tree

i may have to go hide in the coal shed till the holiday season is over

im so easily tempted

:(

thanx to you both :)

that's it settled - will do a week of AAM !

i will be eating, but i will be done by then, of course it wont be the mountains i used to have,

flippin heck CDthing - you're soooo close to goal - WELL DONE :D

how long's it taken you ??

Once I had decided to sole source nothing was going to get in my way. I'll be at goal by then too but I wouldn't have eaten if I hadn't been. Nothing was going to get my way of my aims :)

Once I had decided to sole source nothing was going to get in my way. I'll be at goal by then too but I wouldn't have eaten if I hadn't been. Nothing was going to get my way of my aims :)

I feel EXACTLY the same Chicken....which is why I think I'll do AAM :)

I need to eat something cos only my OH & kids know I'm on CD - rest of my family (who come to ours on Xmas day)....don't know I'm doing CD :rolleyes: my parents are in their 60s and they'd worry and my gran is 87 and she would 'tut tut'...and the rest of 'em well god only knows ahat they'd say !

so at least if I have turkey & veg, may stop the eyebrows being raised :)

I feel EXACTLY the same Chicken....which is why I think I'll do AAM :)

I need to eat something cos only my OH & kids know I'm on CD - rest of my family (who come to ours on Xmas day)....don't know I'm doing CD :rolleyes: my parents are in their 60s and they'd worry and my gran is 87 and she would 'tut tut'...and the rest of 'em well god only knows ahat they'd say !

so at least if I have turkey & veg, may stop the eyebrows being raised :)

I think that is very sensible and well done you for making a concious decision. At least thinking about it now and planning for it will put you in the right frame of mind to be strong.

As always my view is that it is all in the attitude so by cracking this before time you will be more than halfway there :D

I'll have to have an AAM week then too but I dont want to. I always to go my mothers for christmas dinner and they will just not stop going on at me for not eating, they're already trying to make sure I'm actually eating something and I've only been on it a week and a half!

95 days to Christmas,it will be over before we know it.
I think you are really good planing what you are going to do already,it will make it easer to know what you are doing.
I would love to be at goal by then,will eat but take care with what I eat.I just love turkey and sprouts.mmmmmmmmm

I shall be on Honeymoon in New York at Christmas, so I'll be eating!!!!

My aim is to lose as much as poss for my wedding - 17th December and then enjoy myself from a few days before the wedding up until we're home from NYC on January 3rd!!!!

:D

Gemx

My plan is to eat through most of December and New Year - WITHOUT binging!

I should be at goal, or very nearly at goal (which is basically a healthy BMI of 25) by then hopefully. I plan to step through maintainence through December, so I can eat. I am at my in laws at Christmas, and we're going away at New Year. Realistically, I KNOW that I will eat, even if I don't plan to, especially with my father in law being a chef, so I feel its better to try to eat sensibly, rather than just fall off the wagon and overload myself, as I know I would be capable of doing otherwise.

Hopefully after Christmas I should still be at a healthy BMI, or just over - as a short bum, I'll probably need to loose a little more, and I plan to maybe pop back to CD for a while, or alternativly go straight to a healthy eating plan, the second of which I'll be doing anyway, when I am at a weight I'm happy with. I'm very concious of the fact I need to learn to eat without devouring everything in site, so whatever, Christmas will be a challenge, but I'd rather make it an easier challenge, than one I think I can't help but think I'll probably fail. I'm going to take some Tetra's with me too, which I'll use if I need to - if I start falling back into my old ways!

This might not be the best thing to do, but I need to be realistic with myself, especially if this excess belly is going to stay off!

Good luck Debz, and to everyone who's keeping at it through Christmas!

P.S - I KNOW! I'm buying Christmas pressies already - how did that happen?

My plan is to eat through most of December and New Year - WITHOUT binging!

I should be at goal, or very nearly at goal (which is basically a healthy BMI of 25) by then hopefully. I plan to step through maintainence through December, so I can eat. I am at my in laws at Christmas, and we're going away at New Year. Realistically, I KNOW that I will eat, even if I don't plan to, especially with my father in law being a chef, so I feel its better to try to eat sensibly, rather than just fall off the wagon and overload myself, as I know I would be capable of doing otherwise.

Hopefully after Christmas I should still be at a healthy BMI, or just over - as a short bum, I'll probably need to loose a little more, and I plan to maybe pop back to CD for a while, or alternativly go straight to a healthy eating plan, the second of which I'll be doing anyway, when I am at a weight I'm happy with. I'm very concious of the fact I need to learn to eat without devouring everything in site, so whatever, Christmas will be a challenge, but I'd rather make it an easier challenge, than one I think I can't help but think I'll probably fail. I'm going to take some Tetra's with me too, which I'll use if I need to - if I start falling back into my old ways!

This might not be the best thing to do, but I need to be realistic with myself, especially if this excess belly is going to stay off!

Good luck Debz, and to everyone who's keeping at it through Christmas!

P.S - I KNOW! I'm buying Christmas pressies already - how did that happen?

Hi (not so) Wobbly !

sounds like you have it well sorted in your head ! I feel really determined about losing the weight this time and NOTHING is gonna get in my way !

hope you manage to stick to your plan too - WE CAN DO THIS !!!

hugs

I should just be at goal for Christmas itself.
But I have 2 works functions that involves food the beginning of December. It's going to so so hard!
I can avoid the booze-but I'm worried about the 3 course meals-without looking odd in front of DHs colleage's !!

I will be at goal, and hopefully have completed maintenance by christmas. The key word though is "maintenance" which I knnow is going to be more difficult than normal over Christmas. I might have to ban the usual HUGE tin of Roses chocolates, luxury tins of biscuits etc which always seem to find their way into the house at CHristmas time!!

We are considering going out to a restaurant on Christmas Day (14 of us), so that at least should avoid left overs!
I would always buy too much food for Christmas, no-one else ever ate it so I would to avoid wasting it!

I will buy my little black dress in a size 12 and keep that in mind if I am tempted to over indulge too much. I am not going to beat myself up though over the odd mince pie, or christmas pudding on christmas day. If I do add a couple of pouns over Christmas, I will just have to deal with it straight away and get rid of it before it turns in to anymore!

Wobbly, I am so impressed that you are organised enough to be buying Christmas present already!

Last year, I had ructions with my mum as I refused to break my SSing to eat Xmas dinner! She was nagging me for months as she just couldn't understand why I wouldn't want to join in the festivities - as she saw it. I cooked the turkey plus all the trimmings for my family and sat there, very happily, with my chicken soup!

It was the best possible thing for me and I heard from lots of people who decided to eat over the Xmas hols who found it incredibly difficult to get back on the SS wagon afterwards.

My advice would be to do AAM or SS. Why take the risk of slowing down or stalling your weightloss journey?

It's only one meal! And there will be plenty of other Christmasses!

I should be at goal and hopefully through maintenance at Christmas but the best incentive to not stuff myself with food and booze over the holiday period is that I'll probably be asking everyone for new clothes for pressies and still want to be able to get into them come the new year!!

Back