Christmas

I'm veggie so having quorn roast for dinner. I am hoping to stick to plan but allow 15 syns for Xmas eve/day and boxing day. I will choose either a mince pie, Christmas cake or pudding, and will fill up on free and super free foods. I've just bought the SW Christmas book which is great and will be creating things from that. Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm on plan until Christmas Eve, then I'm going to indulge until New Years Day when I will get back on plan, I still plan to go to weigh in, but as someone else says Christmas come but once a year. I'm not gonna stress about it and take the gain, and then make it up in the New Year.

MrsGroovy said:
I'm on plan until Christmas Eve, then I'm going to indulge until New Years Day when I will get back on plan, I still plan to go to weigh in, but as someone else says Christmas come but once a year. I'm not gonna stress about it and take the gain, and then make it up in the New Year.

I like your thinking! Me too

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will definitely be sticking to SW over Christmas...I don't think I could cope otherwise. The anxiety would kill me. I will plan the whole thing out with military precision, however.

How strict are you going to be over Xmas 2012??

I was wondering how strict people plan to be over Xmas.
I have lost 2 stone since August 2012 and very happy with that but I don't want to put it all back on over Xmas.
However I want to enjoy Xmas, after all that's what it is there for!!
My personal plan is to be 100% strict every day other than Xmas Eve, Xmas Day, Boxing Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. That way although I most likely won't lose, I can minimise the amount I gain.
Plus I normally weigh in on a Tuesday (Xmas Day, New Years Day) so that's been moved to a Thursday meaning I will be weighing in the day after Boxing Day :eek:
Anyone who has already been on SW over Xmas got any advice for minimising weight gain?

I lost 1.5 over Xmas last year! I wasn't popular at my group. I wasn't in charge of cooking much of the time so tried to fill up on the things I liked that were syn free (or close as) but not deny myself little bits here and there. This year, I'll have 3 Xmas meals with different bits of family (eek) and I'm not expecting to lose, but I'll 'stick to the plan whenever I can' as my consultant said so I still have control :)

I lost 1.5 over Xmas last year! I wasn't popular at my group. I wasn't in charge of cooking much of the time so tried to fill up on the things I liked that were syn free (or close as) but not deny myself little bits here and there. This year, I'll have 3 Xmas meals with different bits of family (eek) and I'm not expecting to lose, but I'll 'stick to the plan whenever I can' as my consultant said so I still have control :)

Yes I can imagine you wasn't popular at group! I'm sure I'm not either- I've lost 2 stone in 3 months, won slimmer of the week all bar 4 weeks and only had one gain and one maintain so far!! And I always seem to win the raffle!
I think that's what I will do- stick to plan 100% whenever I can.
My problem will be the chocolate! :)

My husband & I are both working over Xmas, my Mum normally joins us but isn't this year, so we're going to have a bah humbug Xmas & wont be buying the usual food I normally spend a fortune on! A SW Xmas dinner will be cooked & then left overs on Boxing day, probably a SW bubble & squeak with the chicken & ham. However, NY is a different matter as we're both off, so may splash out a bit then lol!

My husband & I are both working over Xmas, my Mum normally joins us but isn't this year, so we're going to have a bah humbug Xmas & wont be buying the usual food I normally spend a fortune on! A SW Xmas dinner will be cooked & then left overs on Boxing day, probably a SW bubble & squeak with the chicken & ham. However, NY is a different matter as we're both off, so may splash out a bit then lol!
I just think, well it's Xmas so we should all enjoy ourselves, I suppose it's may a case of HOW much you enjoy yourself really! I have the problem of me and my husband both being off over Xmas and we have my parents over Xmas Day, so lots of leftovers and lots of time to eat it all!!

Just to let you know there are 3 or 4 existing Christmas posts on here, so maybe a look at one of those may give you some ideas :)

I've been thinking about this.. and as this year is my first christmas at home cooked by me, I'm going to do as much SW style as possible. I've had lots of ideas for yummy recipes!
I don't go out on NYE so that isn't a problem. But Boxing day and new years day is likely to be buffet style dinner with family so might end up being naughty then. I expect to neither lose nor gain over Xmas - at least thats my goal!

I usually stop sw on Christmas eve and start again on 27th dec, but somehow i still have it in my head to do low syn variety's if i can. New years never has bothered me so i try to stay on plan.

muffinandsam said:
I've been thinking about this.. and as this year is my first christmas at home cooked by me, I'm going to do as much SW style as possible. I've had lots of ideas for yummy recipes!
I don't go out on NYE so that isn't a problem. But Boxing day and new years day is likely to be buffet style dinner with family so might end up being naughty then. I expect to neither lose nor gain over Xmas - at least thats my goal!

If you're going to a couple of buffets, maybe you could take a couple of SW friendly dishes with you - and the host will appreciate your effort too - win - win

I'm planning on staying on plan for everything bar christmas dinner. Then New Years I'm not sure. I don't usually go out but may be tempted this year. Will depend how poorly my purse is feeling!

I spend most of Day cooking for Family so by time i get my Christmas Dinner i am not that hungry! I will stay on track Christmas day has do not drink that day has play with my Children /grandchild so by time they go bed i am ready to sleep ha. Will eat Slimming World Roast potatoes Still and make my own pigs/in blankets, eat plenty of veg and i am making my own little Trifle to go with the one i make for Family. Boxing day its usually a buffet so will snack on things that are free/super free. I will use my syns on drink on boxing day :)

Good Luck enjoy your Christmas :)

1.5 lb over christmas! that's dedication!

Last Christmas

This is my first Christmas doing slimming world and i know im going to be off plan. I just wanted to ask what kind of gains people got by going off plan last year ( i know everyone's different) as im terrified i'll undo all my hard work coz of a couple of days but i do want to enjoy myself.

I gained 7lbs.... However I think that was over 2 weeks as the week before I lost 3lbs when I really didn't deserve it (festivities had already started)

I wasn't going to get weighed that week, and if I hadn't have got weighed then really it would have been a 4lb gain over 2 weeks, which really doesn't sound as bad does it (I think I lost the 3lbs as I'd had a bit of a bug just before and to put it politely I spent a lot of time on the toilet)

I maintained my weight over Xmas last year and lost in the first class in new year. I was the only one in my group to stay the same at Xmas so got SOTW in jan lol.
This year I am allowing myself to relax a bit like last year but I have a weigh in on 27th but I don't mind really as I've gained this week I'm hoping I can just keep focused. Good luck x

i wasnt doing sw at xmas but on a 2 week all inc i put on 8lb and for the first week i was pretty good and barely drank and just went off rails in 2nd week with the food

im intending on having an on plan "more or less " xmas this year my xmas dinner will be syn free and a low syn baileys dessert (novembers mag) my downfall will be alcohol it always is and possibly chocolate but ive asked everyone to not get me any food related pressied (they usually do as im a foodie) so fingers crossed for a loss this xmas

Back