Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

chrushing ice

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Welshie, 31 October 2009 Social URL.

1. Welshie

Welshie Full Member

Hey all
    I went away to work last week, took my shakes and blender, in my hotel they had an ice machine which gave me water and crushed ice. I only drink chocolate shakes and they were lovely with crushed ice. Anyway I came home bought a big bag if ice, put some in a food back and hit them with a rolling pin, then put them in my hand blender.... the first few times was fine but i broke the blender the third time!!! Think the ice was too big. How do you all crush your ice and what blender do you use??? sorry for being a bit dull!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. irish molly

irish molly Maintaing LT loss on GL

Start Weight:
    21st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    8st2lb(38.78%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    TFR/GL
    Maybe your blender was on the way out anyway. Crushing just a few ice cubes should not break it. I have a kenwood blender and it works fine. With any blender, just don't run it for more than a minute as the motors in most basic blenders are not geared up to working for long periods at a time.

4. BetsyBotox

BetsyBotox Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    12st9lb(56.19%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
  5. Theresa6

Theresa6 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    LT
    I use a argos basics blender, its great for smoothies but couldnt cope when I made real soup the other week. The heat caused problems and the plastic structure buckled a bit. I had a kenwood one before and it lasted years...

6. trixiefoofoo

trixiefoofoo Full Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I use a Braun turbo - quite a cheap one - and it does EVERYTHING.

Hot, cold, ice, whisks, chops - well worth it x

7. anne-mariep

anne-mariep Silver Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3lb(24.46%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim ~ now maintaining hopefully
    Mine is just a hand blender an its ancient. once i have liquid in with the ice as well its grand first few times i used it i thought i had broken it coz of the weird noise but its grand now. I just use ice from a normal tray so they aren't dat big .

8. Welshie

Welshie Full Member

thanks all x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.