chrushing ice

Welshie

Hey all
I went away to work last week, took my shakes and blender, in my hotel they had an ice machine which gave me water and crushed ice. I only drink chocolate shakes and they were lovely with crushed ice. Anyway I came home bought a big bag if ice, put some in a food back and hit them with a rolling pin, then put them in my hand blender.... the first few times was fine but i broke the blender the third time!!! Think the ice was too big. How do you all crush your ice and what blender do you use??? sorry for being a bit dull!

Maybe your blender was on the way out anyway. Crushing just a few ice cubes should not break it. I have a kenwood blender and it works fine. With any blender, just don't run it for more than a minute as the motors in most basic blenders are not geared up to working for long periods at a time.

I use a argos basics blender, its great for smoothies but couldnt cope when I made real soup the other week. The heat caused problems and the plastic structure buckled a bit. I had a kenwood one before and it lasted years...

I use a Braun turbo - quite a cheap one - and it does EVERYTHING.

Hot, cold, ice, whisks, chops - well worth it x

Mine is just a hand blender an its ancient. once i have liquid in with the ice as well its grand first few times i used it i thought i had broken it coz of the weird noise but its grand now. I just use ice from a normal tray so they aren't dat big .

thanks all x

Back