Chunky sausage and chicken hot pot

Ninja

Silver Member
Serves 4 (yeah right, not in my house...lol)

2 syns on original
14 on green
(unless using quorn when I guess it would be free on either day)

Fry light
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
8 bowyers less than 5% fat pork Sausages (I use quorn or WW own sausages)(If using pork sausages I would cook them before chopping them up or they become sausage meat)
4 x 113 chick breasts (or quorn pieces) skinless and chopped
2 tbsp of med curry powder
2 carrots, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
2 red peppers, deseeded and chopped
40ml/12floz passata
198ml stock with chicken bovril
1-2 tsp sweetener
salt, pepper and a handful of fresh mixed herbs.

1) Spray pan with fry light and cook the onion, garlic, sausages, chicken and curry powder for 2-3 mins. Stir in the carrots, peppers, passata, stock and sweetener. Bring to the oil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 mins, or until the chicken is cooked through.

2) season to taste and ladle into warm bowls. Chop herbs, sprinkle over and serve.

If you do mainly green but want to keep the chicken, use quorn sausages and use chicken for HeB.
I think the possibilities are endless with this recipe have it as meaty or not as you want.

Mmm that sounds great, thanks.

Ooooh now thats gotta go on the list of things to cook i think, thanks hun :)

Brilliant! Thanks! I've got sausages planned for tmw but no idea what to do on red without doing sausage and veg. Definately going to make this tmw. It's printing as we speak!

Update: It was lovely! I made it roughly to recipe, bit less chicken and the morrisons sausages. Saved a piece of my bread allowance to dip in too. Lovely!

Glad you enjoyed it, it's one of the OH's favourite SW recipes, he doesn't feel like he's dieting when he has that...lol. Although with only a 32" waist he doesn't want to diet either:cool: bless him.

can you freeze this, i might put it on my list for thursday
thanks
karen

No reason why not, nothing in there that can't be frozen.
I can't remember if I've frozen it in the past or not. I don't think it's ever lasted long enough to get frozen...lol.

Back