Ciara's Refeed Diary

mrsd2b

Big Loser
Hi Everyone,

First I want to say thank you to all the fellow minimins who helped me on my journey through 100% - I can honestly say that I would NOT have made it through without the absolute support and reassurance and best wishes from all of you. Thanks to all who gave me a bit of advice yesterday too...I was very apprehensive about starting refeed but you know now I feel is where I have to start making the real effort...
Also today I was given a dose of anti-biotics for strep throat because I could no longer swallow or talk...drinking the water was a nightmare and could manage 1.5l only...it really hurt. I had a black coffee too which was easier to drink because it was so hot I sipped it (I'm usually a water guzzler) I will make up for it over the next few days!

Breakfast- Chocolate Shake with 600ml ice cold water

Lunch- Strawberry Shake with 600ml of ice cold water

Dinner- 140g of white fish fillet cooked with a dash of balsamic vinegar and a pinch of pepper wrapped in tin foil in the over served with one tablespoon of frozen garden peas, 2 cherry tomatoes, 1/2 spring onion, tiny handful of spinach leaves

Well it was like coming home after a long holiday...the food just tasted so delicous and healthy and I actually started to feel warm for the first time in ages...even though I used the tiniest amount of pepper I can still feel it. DH bought me a can of diet coke too. It was ice cold and I drank some put nearly freaked out because I thought it was full fat coke...it wasn't it just tasted really really sweet. Couldn't finish the rest.

Can't wait for tomorrow now!

Hi Ciara...well done on losing 4st! Make sure u stick to the refeed by the letter...good luck! keep us posted x

Hi LittleFlower,

Thanks for commenting...I was hoping someone would because I want to know if I'm doing anything wrong...now I know that I'm doing what the leaflet says and everything but you know I had a small bit of veg and a small bit of salad...I'm panicking in case I gain :-( I know I'm in control of that but I like that the other minimins are there to have a look over the diary to tell me if I'm going anyway off track. Do you know if I'm allowed to put chilli flakes on the chicken breast for my meal this evening...I was also wondering if you know whether I'm allowed to rub a clove of garlic on the chicken breast before I bake it? (Sorry about all the questions!)

Im sorry I dont have a clue!! I just wanted to say well done, you've done brilliantly. Also, am on refeed and have only been tfr for 3 weeks and am finding it really odd so just cant begin to imagine how your feeling after your stint!!!. I too am really apprehensive about eating, I completely understand AND felt the same when drinking diet drinks - soooo sweet. I began panicing last night that Id messed up, as I had 4 slices of cucumber when someone else on here had 3 :rolleyes:.., oh its so nerve wracking.

Overall how do you feel?? do you love eating again??

Actually Ciara, I think Im about a day ahead of you on refeed. I have studied the refeed sheet inside out and have also got tips from fattothins fabulous refeed menu. I plan on doing this to the letter, am quite a stickler to the rules, also, as Im a day ahead of you, if I DO go wrong, the lovely miniminers are offering guidance (particulary summergurl), so you dont do the same. so if you want to follow mine you MAY find it useful, up to you m'dear!!. First 3 days little boring to some but have some lovely receipes lined up for 4 - 7 xxx

Hey hun,
No advice either sorry! I start re feed tomorrow and I have just sat down and worked out my menu- it looks like so much food!
How are you getting on chick?
T x

Excellent, glad you enjoyed your first meal, it is absolute heaven after being on TFR. Your menu was great today, just keep sticking to the re-feed sheet and you wont go wrong.

I agree about the diet coke, it DOES taste very sweet initially, but it soon tastes normal again.

I have been maintaining for over a year now, and I still hardly use salt, apart from when I am boiling/steaming the veggies. TFR is a great way to get your taste buds back to basics.

Hey!
Your menu looks great. i wouldnt worry about having peas and salad, aslong as your not over the cereal bowl size all is good. Glad you enjoyed your first meal though :)

Just keep following the sheet and ya can't go far wrong. There's lots of us on here that are around to give ya advice etc so always ask :)

Hope today has been good for ya x

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the advice! Nikki I will have a look at your diary and its great of all the more experienced miniminers to give us advice to let us know if we are doing anything wrong!! Haha I was just thinking that if anyone else saw us rambling on about 3 slices of cucumber or 4 they would think we were daft. Don't worry about an extra slice of cucumber because you don't know how that person cuts theirs so don't worry. I am ok with the food now, my chicken is baking in the oven with some chilli flakes on it and a bit of pepper can't wait for it! I have some nice recipes lined up for day 4-7 too, I've been to Tesco and picked up some turkey mince for day 4. Nikki, have you had your potato yet? Did you bake it or boil it? I personally HATE potatoes (unless they are deep fried chips :-( )so I am going to have 2oz of dry pasta cooked...now I do not have a kitchen scale so I would be so grateful if someone could tell me how much would 2oz dry be about...half a tea cup full or less? Also can you add a dollop of extra low fat mayonnaise? These are things I've seen on other refeed diaries but I just want to ask here because it doesn't mention it on refeed sheet and its not a custom refeed and I don't want a gain!!
Hi Tigerlilli...oh are you excited about tomorrow- I'd say you are...just stick to it and you will be fine, I was nervous but feel much better now.
Hi Mary, I think you are right about the salt, I can literally taste everything, all flavours and salt is just too dominant...also its better for your health not to have it! Your diary of maintenance is excellent, I looked through it and you have done so well and you are so disciplined! I will use yours as an example :)
Hi Summergurl, Thanks...I wasn't too worried but afraid of a gain, never go over the small cereal bowl...your pics always kept me going, the transformation is AMAZING!

Here is my Day 2:

Breakfast- Maintenance Bar (way to sweet but I got 5 for free)

Lunch- 120g canned tuna in brine, drained with 2 spring onions small amount of spinach leaves drizzled in balsamic vinegar and a sprinkling of pepper

Dinner- Oven baked chicken breast (150g- sprinkled on some chilli flakes) small bowl of salad including, spinach, red onion, cherry tomato, cucumber, orange pepper drizzle of balsamic.

2l of water, 1 black coffee, 1 can of diet coke

Did anyone else get 5 free maintenance products when the finished 100% my pharamcist told me I was entitled to 5 free products...but wait for this each additional product from the maintenance range is going to cost €3.30 a piece? Thats very steep...I think I'll stick to porridge and All Bran for breakfats and save myself €23.10 a week (honeymoon fund perhaps)

Ciara, just a quick one but will be back in a little while (ill weigh out pasta here on my scales and will drop you a line on that one...)

I did - I had my potatoe today!! oh my God it was gorgeous, and Im not a potatoe type person (although) I dont dislike them either. I baked it in the oven and then added a small spoon of low fat fromage frais on top - gorgeous!!!.

That said, on days 4 -7 it says that you can have either a potatoe or 6 small salad potatoes - if your a chip person heres what I would do: someone on here said they emailed LT and they said it was ok to use frylite 1 cal spray. When I was on ww I used to do this: par boil your six salad potatoes, chop each of them into 4 quarters (leave the skins on!) they are like chunky chips, spray with a little frylight and then throw them under the grill until they are really golden and crispy - gorgeous!!. Days 4 -7 you can have extra light mayo but Im not sure before that....

what way have I been spelling potato?? PML...

Oh Nikki you are a sweetheart...I have to laugh though because whenever I tell people I don't like potatoes when I'm away the first thing they say is, 'but you are Irish'- its like I have a disorder or something! I'm trying to stay away from chips but you clever thing that sounds like an amazing (and low cal) way to cook them!
I must pop over to your diary and see how you are doing. My dinner was delish!

Hi Everyone,

So here is my Day 3:

Breakfast - Maintenance Bar (took me 20 mins to eat this it is so sweet and way too sugary)

Lunch - Oven baked Chicken breast (150g) small bowl of salad (yellow peppers, cherry tomatoes, red onion, spinach, cucumber)

Dinner - Hake fillet (150g) baked in the oven with a splash of balsamic vinegar and black pepper. 1 tablespoon garden peas, cherry tomatoes. Baked potato (192g) served with a dollop of lf fromais frais and some chopped coriander. Yum yum

2l water, 1 black coffee, 2 coffees with a splash of skimmed milk, can of diet coke.

So excited about the refeed...its really going well, I'm also so positive about the maintenance and keeping the weight off and losing an extra few lbs (slowly)
Can I ask did anyone finish their official refeed week and then start maintenance without using the mainetance products? (I just think they are too sweet so far if the bar is anything to go by)

Last edited:
No need to use the maintenance products at all, just do a 2 week refeed as you are doing then use up any shakes you have left for breakfasts etc, but once you are out of shakes, just follow a sensible 3 healthy meals a day and you will be fine.

Looking good.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for that, I just don't like those maintenance products they are too sweet. I have no LT shakes left now so I have decided for next week (after official refeed week) to follow a similar food schedule and instead of having the maintenance product have 30g of All Bran with skimmed milk and either a small apple or mandarin. Do you think this is an ok plan? Your maintenance record is so good that I'll take your opinion on anything!

Hi Everyone!

Hope everyone had a great day, here is my Day 4:

Breakfast: Maintenance Bar

Lunch: Small wholemeal pitta bread, filled with cucumber slices, red onion, 2 cherry tomatoes, few lettuce leaves, 1 slice ham (24kcals per slice) 1/2 tsp extra low fat mayonnaise. Fat free strawberry yoghurt (71kcals .3g fat)

Dinner: 125g dry fried turkey mince (sprinkled with chilli flakes, cayenne pepper), red onion, yellow and orange pepper (about 1/2 a small pepper in total) 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes, 1/2 tea cup of cooked rice, 1 tablespoon fat free fromais frais and sprinkle of coriander. Apple

1 black coffee, 1 coffee with dash of skimmed milk, 2l of water, 1 can of diet coke.

Dinner was sublime, so delicious mmmm.

Hi Mary,

Thanks for that, I just don't like those maintenance products they are too sweet. I have no LT shakes left now so I have decided for next week (after official refeed week) to follow a similar food schedule and instead of having the maintenance product have 30g of All Bran with skimmed milk and either a small apple or mandarin. Do you think this is an ok plan? Your maintenance record is so good that I'll take your opinion on anything!

I too found the maintenance products awful sweet, I only liked the summer fruit one and I quite enjoyed the bar too.

All bran and milk with a piece of fruit sounds good to me, keep it up, you are doing fantastic.

Ciara, have just been reading your refeed diary. You seem to be enjoying it and doing very well. AS Mary said, TFR is great for clearing out the taste buds. I found that this made it easy for me to move to a GL regime as I no longer craved old carb laden foods. I rareley have any bread/potato/pasta/rice now and do not miss them at all.
You should find following a healthy eating plan easy now. Try and follow the old 80/20 rule as in being strict 80% of the time. That way you will never go too far wrong.

Hi Mary and Molly,

Thanks for your advice, its great to get it. I have an idea myself whats right/not great etc but its good to get a second opinion and someone to have a look over what I'm eating. I'm off on a road trip today and I have everything prepared and ready to go! Its all about preparing in advance and not getting caught!
Have a lovely day and enjoy the football if you are going to watch it!

Hi Mary and Molly,

Thanks for your advice, its great to get it. I have an idea myself whats right/not great etc but its good to get a second opinion and someone to have a look over what I'm eating. I'm off on a road trip today and I have everything prepared and ready to go! Its all about preparing in advance and not getting caught!
Have a lovely day and enjoy the football if you are going to watch it!

Unfortunately I am stuck in work - not that I would be watching footie anyway, I hate the game :8855:

Have a lovely road trip. You are right, preparation is the main key in all of this refeeding/maintenance malarky, always make sure you know what you are going to eat for the rest of today and tomorrow too if possible.

Back