Cinema Eats

Atropos- I am South African and therefore LOVE biltong!! (it is south african)
are we allowed this?

for those wondering- i wouldn't imagine you will find it in supermarkets.
in london it's easier to find and there are lots of south african shops everywhere.
sometimes selfridges sell it - bot not cheap.

i have some here, from south africa, but haven't braved eating it yet!! wasn't sure??

thank you

I found some in Morrisons today.
If I recall correctly, it was hanging on a rack at the end of their meat aisle, along with the chorizo sausage, etc - basically any meats that don't need refrigeration.
Not sure if I'll like it, though...

i have found some in a little shop in the middle of the country side! very random.
just not sure how much i can eat???
does anyone please know.?
thank you

I went last week and took Goji berries! It definitely took my mind off the large tub of popcorn and giant-size bag of Minstrels being devoured in the seat next to me :D

Where do you buy goji berries please? Are they dried or fresh and what sort of flavour do they have? Thanks xx

You can get Goji berries in Waitrose and most health food shops, although in my experience Waitrose are the best value.

They're dried berries that are kind of like raisins, difficult to describe the taste - fruity :p

There is a limit of 1tbsp per day Attack, 2tbsp per day Cruise and 3tbsp per day Conso.

You can rehydrate them with water, they're good for baking with but they're also just really nice to snack on - a good handbag standby :)

Thanks for your reply. I don't like raisins so think I'll give these a miss then.

It's pure meat so technically as much as you want BUT I had nearly a whole stick of it and the salt made me retain water like mad, so not done that again. I limit myself to half a stick and not more than twice a week. Salt quantity will be bad for kidneys too, so must drink extra h2o.

I never got a definitive answer, so I treat one small bag of biltong as a tolerated item - (I have a bag hidden in the lining of my handbag, for emergency use!)

I have a bag in my cupboard but tbh it doesn't look too appetising! :eek:

thank you. yes....was worried about the salt.
i absolutely love biltong and once you start it is like popcorn!! you cannot stop!
but, i do not have it too much!

Back