cinema seats?

EmmyR1984

Gold Member
Hey everyone :)

Really random question, but I was wondering how people found visiting the seats at the cinema if they have been lately?

I've not been for years and want to go and see Fifty Shades of Grey in a couple of weeks time and was thinking of booking the premium seats (they're apparently meant to be wider) at the nearest vue cinema.

Just a bit worried that I won't fit into the seats and that I'll have to leave the cinema mortified :(

It depends as we have two vue cinema's in Bristol and they both have different seats. One I can sit in the normal seat with the arms up no issue, I also go when its quiet so I can sit where I want. But the other the arms don't go up I find issues with. Not tried the premium seats myself, but they should be fine.

If it makes you feel any better I managed to wedge myself into the Hippodrome for the Wiggles one year at around 24 stones and they have the old fashioned Victorian seats. I couldn't really move and rather uncomfortable the whole time, but my son had great fun.

Thanks for the reply ...

If I remember correctly the arms on the seats at this cinema do go up. But hopefully with booking the wider seats there shouldn't be a problem and I can hopefully wedge myself in ;)

I've always been OK with squeezing into cinema seats (at my heaviest I was around 21.5 stone and a size 32). The premium seats in my local cinema (not Vue... I think it's a Showcase Cinema?) are indeed wider. A bit like a slightly narrower version of a recliner you might find in someone's lounge.

Is there any way you can go during a matinee, or some other time when there might not be many people? Might cut down on the anxiety about not fitting.

Or you could try what I did when I was afraid of not fitting into a plane seat. I looked up the average width of a plane seat online, measured that width from one arm of my sofa, and had my husband sit down to act as the other arm of the chair. Then I tried to squeeze myself into the gap. I fit--not comfortably, but still. It was a huge relief and did a lot to cut down my nervousness about the whole thing.

I've tried googling, but all they say is that the vip seats are wider. I may have to email them at this rate to try and get a definite answer.

The plan is to go to a 12.00 showing as we need to leave enough travelling time, so I'm hoping that it's one of the quiter showings, plus some of the hype should have died down by the time we go (18th) :)

Hiya,

The vue VIP seats are much much wider, and also have really wide armrests in between seats.

ive previously been size 28/30 on bottoms and fit totally fine.

Odeon premier seats are not as wide, but are fine if you're sat next to someone you know!!

Hiya,

The vue VIP seats are much much wider, and also have really wide armrests in between seats.

ive previously been size 28/30 on bottoms and fit totally fine.

Odeon premier seats are not as wide, but are fine if you're sat next to someone you know!!

Thank you so much :D that has really reassured me

The vip seats are only about £1.50 more expensive so I think we will go for them :D

Thank you again xx

Enjoy!!! You will have absolutely no problem with those seats :) it's because of them I started going to the cinema again regularly :)

Back