An intro and a question about theatre seats

DebbieB1986

Hi all

I'm Debbie, I'm a 27 year old wife and mother living in Glasgow and I intend to lose a lot of weight, around 10 stone. I'm really sick of being this overweight, I'm fed up of worrying about my size, health, of boring expensive clothes and not doing things I want because I feel I am too fat. I need to fix it!

I have a question if anyone would be so kinda as to answer. I'm going to the theatre on Wednesday to see The Lion King and (the reason I have decided to take control and get rid of this weight!) I've been worrying that I won't fit in the theatre seats. I know it won't be comfy at my size (UK 24 top and bottom!) but I want to at least fit. Do you think I will?

Hi Debbie, I'm new to this site too :)
I love going to theater, and you will be fine in the seat...i'm currently a size 26 on top and bottom, and i'm fairly comfortable in the seats (at least in the kings theater and theater royal, Glasgow) It can feel a bit snug, but comfortable all the same, the main reason i get self conscious is my arms and the whole 'who gets the arm rest' saga. Also my mum is a size 30 and she fits in the seat also, but obviously it's more of a squeeze!

Hope this reassures you, it can be daunting!
Enjoy the Lion King! :)

debbie1986
well done love on making your first move to come on here i agree you should be fine so no worry have a great time and enjoy your weight loss journey we are all here for you they are all a lovely bunch x x

i havent been to that particualr theatre, but I love the theatre generally. I am much bigger than you, and I can rememebr fitting in the stall seats at a size 30. I always went for an aisle seat so to overspill on one side. Not the mott comfortable experience, but it was OK. given you are a few sizes smaller I think you will definitely fit in the seats

Thanks so much for the replies :) I'm going to see it at the Edinburgh Playhouse, we moved to Glasgow three months and this is my first chance to go to Edinburgh, also a bit excited because my husband is having the 4 year old for the day while I go with a new friend, been a while since I had some just adult time :)

Weightloss wise, I have decided what I am having for meals today and worked all the calories out ahead of time. Before I've worked calories as I got along but these way as long as I stick to my food diary I know for sure what my calories will be, it also helps lower the shopping bill as I'm not buying really random stuff ;)

Back