Once more into the fray my friend

A week in and my weight has stayed the same which is ok as I have not been following a strict weight loss program rather I am trying to acclimatise to a new way of eating and I am being realxed about events and nights out. I am however making sure I go to the gym at least 4 times a week as I really need to get fitter.

Ok the menu today was usual breakfast followed by a skinny chai mid morning and a lamb & barley soup for lunch. I then had a greek yoghurt and a handful of nuts as I got peckish. Finally for dinner I had bbq prawns and salad. I also got in my second gym session this week. I’m doing yoga tomorrow but it is my wedding anniversary (15 years) so I am going out tomorrow night and there will be carbs involved.:eek:

I certainly did Mini. I was pretty good through the day, my usual weetbix for breakfast, a cheese and bacon omelette for lunch and steak and mushroom for tea. However we then went out to Gold Class cinema and ordered the special dessert package which was Spanish donuts and salted caramel waffles. There were very rich and very sweet and I've been suffering today with a few stomach cramps! Back on track today, just had a meal replacement for brekkie, a chicken soup for lunch, a skinny chai latte and then a little treat as I had 2x sushi rolls. I know rice has carbs but overall sushi rolls are not too bad for you are they????

So I went to a Yoga class the other day. I've done a bit of pilates over the last couple of years but haven't done Yoga in 30 years. It was good, I mean there were a few moves I couldn't do. My arms were not going to hold me up in a backward crab for a start and leaning forward or curling up into a ball the tummy tends to get in the way, but it was a start. I've been going to the gym at least 3 times a week with the yoga as an additional class and an occasional game of golf as well. Hopefully I'll start to see the benefits soon

I haven't updated this for a while not because I fell off the wagon I just didn't have anything to say. I kept on eating as per my previous posts and going to the gym as regularly as possible (3-5 time a week). My weight was maintaining rather than losing though. The Christmas and New Year period was a bit more difficult and I did allow myself to eat some of the forbidden foods (ie chocolate and fish & chips and lots of bubbly!!) and have put on some weight which is not a shock. So I have a new plan I am going to fast now for 2 weeks (ie. VLCD) but only for 2 weeks I have learnt from previous experience I jut can't keep it up long term. Then go back to the low carb eating plan for a month. If successful I might carry on like that with intermittent fasting like the 5:2 diet but I'll do it 5 weeks: 2 weeks at a time!!!! If this works I might be able to trademark it and make my fortune....

Day 3 of the fast (VLCD) under my belt and feeling hungry. I know from experience day 3 is always the worst. I'm doing a mix of shakes and the Dr Siegal cookie diet. I've worked out 1 shake is equivalent to 2 cookies roughly. Its quite a good mix. The shakes can make me feel a bit ill sometimes. The cookies are ok, they are quite dry and pretty bland in flavour but then you don't want them moreish do you? Its nice to actually eat something. The scales are already looking good. So I'm hoping 2 weeks of this and Ill go back to the low carb thing for a couple of weeks.

Day 4 and its like a switch has been turned off. I'm still hungry but in that unsatisfied peckish way rather than stomach grumbling, limb shaking, can't think of anything but food way that is DAY 3! So today I had 3 shakes through the day and then 3 of the cookies for supper and I think that worked better for me. However I tend to have a gassy reaction to the shakes that I don't get with the cookies so hubby is not so keen:whistle:

So it seems I spoke too soon. Day 5 was a hungry day, I even woke up at 3am last night feeling really hungry. I think the difference was that I was playing golf so I had my first shake earlier than normal at 7am, and then took some of the cookies with me and nibbled on them as I went around the course to keep me going. By the time I got home after a couple of drinks (soft) at the bar it was 2.30pm and as I was hungry I had my third "meal", another shake. I managed to hold out to 6pm before I had my 4th portion (more cookies) with a cup of herbal tea... but it wasn't enough and as I said my hunger even woke me up.:( I managed to get back to sleep and by the time I woke up this morning the hunger had retreated again so I went to the gym and grocery shopping before coming home and having my first shake at about 11.30 am. Hopefully that will be more successful...so far so good:)

Back