Step 1 Sole Source + Cinnamon and other Spices

As far as I know all are allowed? Will check book

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

All spices are fine, unfortunately stupid app won't let me add a pic. Page 37 of book

egsin9.jpg
[/IMG]

All spices are fine, unfortunately stupid app won't let me add a pic. Page 37 of book

The quote is the same on step 2 and the recipe suggestions include things like fresh ginger, curry paste, mustard seeds etc. So that implies to me we can maybe use them in step 1....might need some Cambridge clarification...

I have paprika on my chicken

hi there
i emailed Vanessa Thorogood ( [email protected] ) at cambridge when i had a query and she was very helpful.

Great advice, I emailed her and got a very prompt response.

My email:
Hello Vanessa,

I hope you don’t mind me emailing you but I was given your details in response to a question about spices on SS+ of the Cambridge Diet. My wife and I have different consultants (due to convenience of getting to them during work hours) and they vary on their opinion of a couple of things, in particular the spices you are allowed to use in your SS+ meal. I was hoping you could resolve this for us and tell us which ones of these we are allowed on our current step and which ones we are not (but at which stage they could be introduced):

Cinnamon
Allspice
Ground Ginger
Ground Garlic
Nutmeg
Cloves
Cardamom
Cumin

Also the same quote is made in our book regarding SS+ and step 2, but in the recipe suggestions one uses curry paste, is this permitted in SS+ as well then?

Her response:
You can add herbs and spices to any of your meals for flavour. All of the spices you list would be absolutely fine.

Curry powder would be ok to use on SS+, however we wouldn’t recommend curry paste on SS+. If you do wish to use this, then perhaps try a small amount. If you find you’re not losing weight then you may wish to stop using it.

Me = EXCITED to have more variety available than anticipated...

Back