Citalopram 20mg and Exante

LVP123

Hello =)
I spoke to my doctor two weeks ago, I suffer from anxiety and he got me to fill out a form to determine whether I'm depressed or not..
I asked him about Exante and he said I'm perfectly fine to do it, just don't go overboard and if I feel dodgy at any point then go back to see him. So I bought the Exante products but decided not to do it last week as I had a cold.

I then went to see a different doctor who gave me citalopram 20mg to take once a day, but I completely forgot to mention that I'm doing a very low calorie diet..

I know you aren't supposed to do Exante if you are on medication but I really didn't think to mention it when she prescribed me the tablets.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with citalopram and exante (or other VLCD)?

As I bought a month's supply I am reluctant to give up, as the doctor and I discussed this is really my last resort! I have read something somewhere about someone being on citalopram and the cambridge diet and being fine, so I guess it would be ok, just make sure I see the doctor if I feel dodgy??

Sorry for the essay!

Any help would be appreciated but please don't tell me off lol.

I took citalopram for depression a while ago when i was on LT. I was just told to take it easy and i got my blood taken every week by the nurse.

As far as I can tell it's all about absorption rates of medication - metabolism etc. I'm on lamotrogine for epilepsy and after many hours of extensive googling to see what effects VLCD's have on my medication and/or condition, I haven't really found anything.

I suppose play it by ear? That's what I'm going to do. I'm investigating the idea of having 4 products a day as opposed to three so I'm consuming 800ish calories. I think companies like Exante and Cambridge advise against it to stop being sued more than anything else.

What I've also read is that when people get their drs to sign consent forms, hardly anyone is rejected for the diet plans.

xx

Well the doctor did look at my notes before I went so she would've seen that I'd spoken previously about a VLCD.. I had a look on some other sections of minimins and a few people have said they have taken the same medication and been fine. Will just monitor it and hope for the best!

sorry i meant blood pressure

I have 40mg citalopram a day and have used LT without a problem. You'll know yourself if something doesnt seem right.

Hi
I take 20mg of citalopram a day and am doing the Exante Total solution. Can honestly say I've never felt better. my skin, hair, nails are all stronger, I have more energy and feel so much more relaxed and positive. My doctor wasn't worried or even bothered at all when I told him, just didn't want me to get too upset if the diet wasn't working quick enough for me - he obviously hasn't tried exante, or else he'd know that it does get the results and quickly!
Best of luck and don't be too hard on yourself, you deserve all the attention you are giving to yourself.

I take 20mg Citalopram and did Exante TS fine. I emailed Exante about this and their advice was to do WS however I totally ignored this as I can imagine them just saying this to cover their ar*es. I don't think it makes any difference although I'll say if you were to start Citalopram whilst on TS that could make you feel even more sick as I tend to find both VLCD and Citalopram can make me quesy. You will know if there's an issue :) x

I was wondering the same thing actually. I'm on Fluoxetine 40mg and was a bit concerned about starting Exante with that. Scared to ask doctor incase she says not to, so figure i'll just go for it and keep an eye on myself. Sure it'll be grand, tho!

messyfreckle said:
I was wondering the same thing actually. I'm on Fluoxetine 40mg and was a bit concerned about starting Exante with that. Scared to ask doctor incase she says not to, so figure i'll just go for it and keep an eye on myself. Sure it'll be grand, tho!

Same thing.

I was with duloxetine, then went to fluoxetine, no problem so far.

Only trouble is convincing the GP my weight loss is due to diet and exercise and not me refusing to eat and being anorexic lol
Well I would have been the first fat anorexic that's for sure LOOL

Lol! Triplewhopper don't want to hijack the thread but any progress on your 100% for 100 days and a seven day weigh in chart yet? Figured you may be busy but it couldn't hurt to ask! ;-p x

Emma1904 said:
Lol! Triplewhopper don't want to hijack the thread but any progress on your 100% for 100 days and a seven day weigh in chart yet? Figured you may be busy but it couldn't hurt to ask! ;-p x

Oh dear! I forgot to post it haha!

Hang in there, I will upload it tomorrow. I was called to work and I have very bad tracking of things I need to do, plus I suffer from acute procrastination lol

Lol! Didn't want to bug you but need my visual aid and as far as I'm concerned you're the man who can do it for me!!!!

Wow... We suffer from the same thing! Lol

Thanks for doing it will print it off after you post it!! X

Emma1904 said:
Lol! Didn't want to bug you but need my visual aid and as far as I'm concerned you're the man who can do it for me!!!!

Wow... We suffer from the same thing! Lol

Thanks for doing it will print it off after you post it!! X

No worries, my pleasure to help, after all we are on the same boat!

Thing is, due to the A4 size, I had to change things around. The original size was A3 which gives the option to put mini goals, separate weight in's, etc.

I might upload it too. You can go to any print shop and print as an A3 glossy calendar for 2 quid!
Cheap and cheerful ;-)

Back