cj`s getting skinny diary

cjwelsh

hi all ive been lurking for a few weeks & think a diary will help me along the way if you dont mind

im cj im married with 3 children age 14, nearly 9 and a 9 month old, they keep me on my toes, at the moment im a stay at home mam:D and loving it

my weight has creped up over the last few years, contentment, pregnancy & me being damn lazy has contributed to my weight gain so i joined sw at begining of march after booking a hol & thinking i am not going on hols looking like that !!!

im on wk 5 now, weigh in is thursday night i go to class along with my friend who im going on hols with.
so far i have lost 7lbs & my friend has lost 8lbs

i intend to update my diary daily including any exercise ive done and how i feel
i look forward to talking to you all and sharing tips

morning all

i want to add some mini goals to my signature by it wont let me ! so im going to put them here

get to overweight bmi - 1.5lbs to go met 7/4/11
get to 13st 7lbs - 2.5lbs to go met 7/4/11
lose 1 stone - 7lbs to go
now 4 lbs to go
3 will do for now

i have a few challenges in front of me in the coming weeks
1 sons rugby tour a weekend in west wales 15/04 DONE
2 daughters dancing weekend in blackpool 29/04
3 daughters dance weekend in midlands 20 something of may
4 2 weeks holiday to tenerife 31/5
& somewhere in between my dh has 11 days off for easter :eek:

im determined to lose at least another 7lbs before my hols but would like more

Last edited:
thanks lorna i feel in the right frame of mind this time, im a lose a bit feel ok then quit girl :p, its no good i know, hope your doing ok??
im just back from a six mile walk pushing the pram that my lil beauty didnt want to stay in it,
i havent been for 2 weeks & boy can i feel it

not sure what to have for dinner but tea is spag bol i made double of last week :D:D
if you read this much of my diary without being board you will soon realize i dont like to cook

I am doing ok at the min, got weigh in tonight though! bit worried because had a meal out this week and a slice of cake. hoping not too much damage is done. :rolleyes:

Exercise can be hard work when you get out of the routine... i must get bak to the gym but seems like to much effort at the moment. i bet you children keep you pretty busy though?

I dont do much cooking, but the recipes of the sw website seem really easy so iv had a few successful meals...

Spag bol is one of my favourites... enjoy! :p

morning all

hope you done well in weigh in lorna

yesterday was a good day only 10 syns :D

today the weather is beautiful here again so going walking with my lil lady & my friend would take the dog but he thinks hes rambo with other dogs, hes ok unless the other dog comes near us !

tonight is weigh in, im hoping for a good loss ive been super good all wk, then from weigh in its swimming we are up to about 20 lengths yay !!!!

food im not sure today i think maybe sausage & mash with onion gravy & runner beans, although i do usually cheat after weigh in with beef chow mein & curry sauce but i may see what the scales say after my 100% week

Morning, yes what a lovely day, if only i wasnt at work, lol. just my luck for it to snow at the weekend! Another good thing about the sunshine it makes me not mind eating salad as much.

anyway i lost 1 and 1/2 last night. so im in a good mood!

So good luck for your weigh in tonight, im sure you will do well after a 100% week.

Have a nice day :)

well done lorna

ive lost 2.5 lbs :angel09::angel09::angel09: this is me lol

im so pleased with 2.5 but i have been 100% all week
my friend sts

i didnt go walking because my other friend couldnt make it & no swimming because my sw friend has an exam to revise for tomorrow so only exercise was walking up & down to the school which isnt far at all nevermind theres always tomorrow

lunch was crab stick salad & hifi bar
tea is chinese :p
then back to it 100% in the morning ive got a week before my sons rugby tour & my 1st big challenge food wise

oh & i met 2 of my targets tonight
1st one was to get to an overweight bmi not obese :(
2nd was get to 13.7 stone

Last edited:
morning im so sad:cry: a lovely lady who lives near me has passed away after yrs of suffering, leaving behind 3 teenagers
good night god bless hun xxx,
shes not somebody who i know well but we live in a small mining village where everybody knows everybody which sometimes is a good thing some times not !! but i wouldnt move anywhere else in the world:p

last night i had my chinese & it was yummy
today im off to asda for lots of yummy food i have to be back to it,

tomorrow im out for the day to watch my local rugby team in the semi finals of a cup, so i need packed lunch
then sunday my daughter is dancing all day so again in need of packed lunch, im not good at packed lunch all i can think of is ham sandwich but one wont fill me, i will have to do a shopping list or i will end up with naughties in there

have a good day all i will coz the sun is shining here again

Im sorry for your loss hun, its awful when children are involved. Im sure they have a loving family around them. it makes worrying about weight loss seem so insignificant. :eek:

I soo hope the nice weather holds out, im hoping at the weekend we can do a little day trip! Have you made the mini quiche's before they are good for packed lunch, cherry tomatoes and crabsticks always go down well too!

Well done on your weight loss aswell, 2.5, you must be over the moon! And two targets at once - thats great!

Anyway sounds like you have a busy weekend, so have a lovely time! ;)

hi lorna,
its not my loss i just think when you have children the same age it gets to you i cant imagine it being my children going through that or being the mum leaving my children, she fought so hard god bless her & yes im sure the children will have lots of support

for my packed lunch im doing an extra easy day, tuna pasta salad with boiled eggs, fruit & yoghurt i may even take a curly wurly, i will have the best packed lunch there better than any beef burger,thats what im telling myself anyway

2.5lbs i was s pleased just shows that if you follow plan it does work

hope your having a good day & the weekend is going to be the same :D enjoy x

today has been good
10.5 syns & i still have heb which may be a alpen light with a choc options 2 syns as the children are having takeaway pizza so if i eat alpen & drink choc i wont be munching on pizza

todays lunch was fruit bag to start then egg roll
tea rustic chips, rice & chick pea dahl with added peppers mushrooms & onions

i went for a walk with my walking friend this morn, then a short walk with my sis in the beautiful weather :)

Hi cj glad to see you're doing well. Looks like you're really motivated and on track! Im looking forwards to reading your diary over the coming weeks!

thank fm, my diary will prob be the most boring one on here but feel free to have a peek whenever you like

well yesterday was so fantastic i am still beaming my rugby team got into the finals meaning they play in the millenium stadium in a few weeks :happy096::happy096::happy096: i cant wait
the atmosphere was amazing you would swear we had won the all blacks

food wise was good all day ate my pasta salad with a bit of mayo then in the night i had chinese :sigh: chow mien & curry sauce with about 10 chips oh well its gonna be a week of trying to beat damage already done, speed food/ dyno rod soup week i think,
i didnt drink any alcohol not that i do often but im sure if i did i would be a heffalump

today is dancing all day not looking forward to sitting inside all day in a school gym when the weather is so beautiful outside but i did get sun burnt yesterday so maybe best
have a good day all x

Last edited:
afternoon all
its such a beautiful day today, dance comp was over early by 2.30 :D my daughter danced awful it wasnt a good day for her today, so she not happy :sigh: but its only dance & we all have bad days but she isnt used to that opps so shes now taken the lil one out for a walk in her pram & im having 5 doing nothing & drinking coffee its bliss.
a positive from the comp was loads of people commented on how much weight i had lost & my pj bottoms were falling down as i was walking this morning
i know ive only lost 9.5lbs (not a lot compared to sme) but im sure its more inches than weight, the swimming and walking must be working yippy

we popped to my inlaws farm it was smelly as fil was cleaning the cows but it was like a summers day doesnt help the hayfever or allergies but the baby loved it in the tractor with her bampy & looking at the new calves.

dinner was pasta & tuna, mullerlight & a curly wurly 2 syns for mayo & 5 for curly wurly
tea is beef dinner 5 syns for gravy

Last edited:
Morning, hope you had a good weekend? :)
Sounds like you have been kept busy. well done on all the excericse youve got done. I find it easier to get motivated in this kind of weather.
hope your sun burn isnt too bad! im a little pinker than I would like to be. :eek:
Its a great feeling when you realise your clothes are looser than they used to be!

thanks lorna yes i had a great wk end, sun burn has gone now thankfully, its only me who ever gets burnt out of my lot, dh family are italian & the children have got his skin tone & obviously they had cream on but im always the one whos glowing red then back white again even with factor 30 !!
lorna im loving the lose clothes i would love to buy new but cant afford a whole new wardrobe just yet, i can get away with most things but another few lbs im sure i will have to get new :D:D:D
hope your doing ok?? do you have a diary ??

i didnt get chance to write here yesterday dh was off work & that puts me out of sync, i did eat well yesterday, i walked 6 miles & swam 16 lengths :p

today im not walking or swimming but organising stuff for the rugby tour at the wk end
i might get dh to walk with me this evening not 6 miles maybe 1/2 way we will see

wow its been a wk already since i last posted

ive been so busy, packing & going away for the wk end, we had a great wk end not so great food wise but back to it today

I think i need some more goals to keep me motivated

1) to lose 1 stone - 4lbs to go
2) lose 7lb before hols on 31/05 -7lbs to go
3) to lose 10% - 10lbs to go

Last edited:
hello again
just got back from my restart :eek:, when i was with you all it was april i had 3 weekends away & a 2 week hol in front of me so i decided to give up as i was not going to lose any weight but im back as of today + 6 lbs heaver :cry:
anyway cant help that now im back to it starting now !
my reason for losing weight is im 30 in jan 2012 & dont wanna be fat & 30, im not going to be fat & 30
hope you dont mind me rambling away

Back