Claire from 'Steps' my big fat wedding!

Very good programme, thanks for putting the link up x

I watched it and was amazed by her motivation. She looked fantastic by her wedding day. Although I have since read that she has put a lot back on, which shows that once you lose it you have to keep up with all that exercise and healthy eating for life. Its soooo not fair, how can you have some people who never have to watch what they eat, and then theres the rest of us, who will struggle all our lives!! Grrrr

Watched it on iPlayer last night and take back my cynical conspiracy theories - it must have taken a lot of guts for her to go on Celebrity Masterchef when she did, looking like a completely different person from when she was in Steps. And I recognised a lot of what she was saying about binging. But how nice did her wedding food look? Mini Monkfish in batter and chips! Yum

its repeated tonight on bbc at 9pm

I watched the repeat of this on BBC3 last night. I couldn't believe how big she'd got! I was shouting at the TV all the time, "do Cambridge, you silly mare!" - she'd have saved herself a helluva lot of trouble! (I'm amazed that VLCDs still get a bad press when you read all the success stories on here - I bet there would have been a big explosion from the medical lobby if she HAD done one.)

I think this was a typical story of how rich people diet - basically they have the money to do anything they like, including hiring personal trainers every day. Wouldn't we all love to be able to afford that?! (I wonder how she got through three though - did she fall out with them all?! :confused:) The worst bit was definitely the clothes-burning - how typically rich and unthinking was that?! (I kept thinking of all those poor women in women's refuges - at least they're getting some of my old stuff! :rolleyes:)

She did look good on her wedding day, but look at the help she got. (All I got was an early stint at the hairdressers, and I did everything else myself - and you didn't get wedding dresses with corsets inside back then either! :sigh:)

Now wait for the Claire fitness DVD - there'll be one for sure! :D

I watched it with interest. Thought she was lovely, but a couple of things.

One is that people say how she lost it in a slow and healthy way. Well...hardly slow!!!! and all that exercise doesn't sound healthy to me ;)

I would be very surprised if she keeps it off for a variety of reasons. In fact, I'd be willing to place a bet on the fact that she wont. Poor Clair...lucky me...could do with some dosh.

I saw Claire on Richard and Judy other night and doctor did say to her about lighter life but she didn't want that kind of diet

It's like Natalie Cassidy really. She lost loads of weight but couldn't maintain it because it meant working out for over 2 hours every day...

Hahaha!!! :D:D (I don't know whether to congratulate myself for being so PR-savvy, or to tell myself off for being so behind the times!! ;))

WHAT a coincidence that this should be out just at the same time as the programme!! :eek::eek:
Actually, in her defense, the dvd has been out for a while. I was checking out the reviews and a lot of people mention it's quite an energetic dvd and there was no way she would have been able to manage that at 16 stone!

I have her DVD, it is really energetic. The trainer is a little annoying, but the sexy, half naked men in the background MORE than make up for him. How she managed the entire routine at her start weight beats me, I could only manage half of it.

I watched it last night, if I had the money she had I would have sorted it out long before now lol ;-)

Back