Claire from Steps wedding Diet...

serafyn

I didn't know where to put this however it makes interesting viewing for all dieters, it tracks Claire Richards (from Steps) as she diets to get slimer for her big day. She loses 6 stone through Calorie Counting and excercise (I think!)... makes interesting viewing as you see her getting smaller. Below is the IPlayer link from BBC. I didn't like the photographer calling her former fat photos and refering to her as a 'heffer' :mad: I thought she was beautiful both with and without the weight.

BBC iPlayer - Claire Richards: My Big Fat Wedding

Thanks for the link - I missed that and I'll watch it later :)

Watching it now. What a lovely fella she's got. Good on her as well!

I agree - what a t**t he was! I thought he was very insincere and false!

I saw this the other night. She did so very well - very inspirational for all dieters and a great link to share. I *think* she was on 1500 calories a day...

Yeah she said that near the start, 1500 cal a day plus loads of exercise by the looks of things!.... Wow she's very inspirational indeed! What an amazing achievement.. I'm very inspired now, she looked beautiful all the way through but gorgeous on her wedding day! :D

I agree - what a t**t he was! I thought he was very insincere and false!

where you refering to the photographer Nic?

I was nearly screaming at the TV!!! :mad: She looked unhappy with his comments too. She always looked stunning, if she lost the weight good for her but by no means was she deserving of those comments as a larger person. I would never go to a photographer like that... I want one that loves ladies of all sizes even if I were thin! ;)

Yeah she said that near the start, 1500 cal a day plus loads of exercise by the looks of things!.... Wow she's very inspirational indeed! What an amazing achievement.. I'm very inspired now, she looked beautiful all the way through but gorgeous on her wedding day! :D

She looked stunning didn't she. It would be great if she keeps it off, but Ummm....

I read somewhere that 95% of weight lost goes back on again :(
is that correct?

I read somewhere that 95% of weight lost goes back on again :(
is that correct?

Not quite. The figures (though not exact) have suggested that 95% of people don't maintain rather than people put 95% of the weight back on.

It's not easy. Or there wouldn't be a massive diet industry.

i just watched the whole show!

i can do it i can do it i can do it! im getting married on 31st july 2010 and i can do it! I CAN DO IT

i watched it too and thought she did really fantastically well. she seems a lovely person inside and out. my only negative comments are that she could afford a personal trainer and the fat farm where us mere mortals struggle on our own! i loved the bit where she was choosing her wedding menu, it shows no matter if you are a celeb you can still love your food just like the rest of us. x

Personal trainers are not always expensive though. My friend has one and she works in a factory on minimum wage - I think he charges about £15 an hour and she sees him once a week. But he phones and texts her all the time to keep her motivated. As he does all his clients. Now I've cut out all the junk food I must be saving £15 a week. I'm considering having a session. He's based in a gym but does non-members too - sessions in the park and runs in the country.

Yes Serafyn, I was indeed refering to the photographer - he was so rude. How dare he call her a heifer! I bet he didn't say that at the time though did he!!
KD, you don't seem convinced she'll keep the weight off. Any particular reason why.......?? I'm only asking in preparation for myself when reaching (hopefully) goal!

I watched this when it was on tele and .. (maybe i shouldn't admit this) .. watched it again the next day on Iplayer! .. She has actually really inspired me as I had decided it was too late to do anything about my weight in time for my holiday in 3 months but really think i can make a difference now!
x

KD, you don't seem convinced she'll keep the weight off. Any particular reason why.......??

Did I sound convinced she would put it back on :confused: ;) Just not convinced she wont, that's all.

No great reasons, but you do sort of get a feeling who will survive and who wont.

A couple of things that I can point to which will make it difficult for her...

1. She was dieting full out for an event. Very understandable and very successful too, but there seemed to be little talk about how she was going to deal with her comfort eating after goal. Maybe she worked on that and they didn't feel it needed including in the programme.

She had a problem that needed sorting. She dealt with the side effect of that problem by dieting. The problem could still be there though.

2. She was more than just a little overweight. Her leptin levels will make it difficult for her to maintain that weight. Possible, but harder.

3. She lost it very quickly, especially the last couple of weeks, which was weird as that's the hardest time however 100% you are. I wondered if she kept her protein up, especially with the amount of exercise she was doing. If she didn't, she's likely to have lost a fair bit of lean mass, reducing metabolism.

4. She will be under huge pressure to keep to goal. That might appear to be a good thing, but I believe it can have the opposite effect after the initial few months as you end up doing it for other people rather than yourself.

Just some thoughts. She might work a way through it all and come out triumphant. I hope so.

Personal trainers are not always expensive though. My friend has one and she works in a factory on minimum wage - I think he charges about £15 an hour and she sees him once a week. But he phones and texts her all the time to keep her motivated. As he does all his clients. Now I've cut out all the junk food I must be saving £15 a week. I'm considering having a session. He's based in a gym but does non-members too - sessions in the park and runs in the country.

wow!, i always presumed they were for the rich and famous lol. if i could have one for that it would be fantastic, what a great idea, especially the texts to keep you motivated.

I had a pesonal trainer at my gym. I only had a couple of sessions to work out a routine, didn't cost much.

Interesting point KD about weight gain after goal. Unfortunately (myself included) I have seen it time and time again. I put 3 stones back on... how stupid was that?

Back