ClaireL second chance diary

How come your syns are so high? I thought it was max 15 per day? Food sounds lovely tho x

The're not that high - I've made a mistake!!!! - maybe it's wishful thinking LOL
thanks for noticing that one :D

So, today has been great - didn't have to get up at 6am to make breakfasts and butties for my guys - woke up at 7.40 - that's a lie in for me ;) - 11 more of them to go before normal service is resumed

Breakfast
poached egg x 2 on 1 slice of wholemeal bread (half HEB)

Lunch
lemon chicken 2syns, rice
strawberries and spray cream 0.5syns

Dinner
just had meatloaf (SW recipe and very tasty), SW chips and ratatouille (spelling???)
melon slices, raspberries, yogurt and aerosol cream 0.5 syns

HEA: milk
HEB: Bread & ?

TOTAL SYNS FOR WEEK = 14.5/105

Last edited:
The're not that high - I've made a mistake!!!! - maybe it's wishful thinking LOL
thanks for noticing that one :D

So, today has been great - didn't have to get up at 6am to make breakfasts and butties for my guys - woke up at 7.40 - that's a lie in for me ;) - 11 more of them to go before normal service is resumed

Breakfast
poached egg x 2 on 1 slice of wholemeal bread (half HEB)

Lunch
lemon chicken 2syns, rice
strawberries and spray cream 1.5syns

Dinner
still to decide

HEB: Bread & ?

TOTAL SYNS FOR WEEK = 15/105

Lol I was a bit confused lol. Jealous of your lie in my little ones are only 4 and still firmly believe that 6am is wakeup time for everyone, regardless of the day of the week haha. Lemon chicken sounds good, is that an sw recipe? X

Lol I was a bit confused lol. Jealous of your lie in my little ones are only 4 and still firmly believe that 6am is wakeup time for everyone, regardless of the day of the week haha. Lemon chicken sounds good, is that an sw recipe? X

Aww, I remember those days, my kids are teenagers - you know they grow up too quickly - it doesn't seem like it at the time though, especially if every days starts at 6am LOL

Lemon chicken recipe was one of Pete's - quite recent in his recipe thread, very nice, yum yum - I just had a little left over from making it on Monday (made it but didn't eat any myself!!)

Aww, I remember those days, my kids are teenagers - you know they grow up too quickly - it doesn't seem like it at the time though, especially if every days starts at 6am LOL

Lemon chicken recipe was one of Pete's - quite recent in his recipe thread, very nice, yum yum - I just had a little left over from making it on Monday (made it but didn't eat any myself!!)

Will have to have a look around from the pc tomorrow and try to find it :) hope your day has been ok?

Will have to have a look around from the pc tomorrow and try to find it :) hope your day has been ok?

Lemon chicken recipe is here: http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/250434-petes-recipe-book-72.html

very nice - but mine was a bit 'yellow' probably overdid the turmeric - LOL - my fingers looked like I was one of the simpsons!!

Yesterday was a good one - even managed to watch Broadchurch online - so an extra bonus - it's the small thinks that keep me happy!!

Today is a bit crazy - I am not in work tomorrow so I am trying to cram 2 days work into today :character00148: - lets see how it goes

Breakfast
bread roll HEB, boiled egg, tomato

Lunch
salad and jacket potato

Dinner
slow cooker chinese style pork, rice, green beans

HEB: Bread
HEA: Milk

Syns: 5 syns - used for sweeties (it's a guess!)

TOTAL SYNS FOR WEEK = 19.5/105

Last edited:
been away for a few days - took advantage of the long weekend and snow - so went about 1 and half hours drive to a little ski place - great fun, food was not great - just what was available - didn't even keep a record as I have no idea what some of it consisted of LOL!! - well you only live once and I am back to it since yesterday.

Yesterday 2 April 2013

Breakfast: weetabix (HEB) x 1, banana

Lunch: leek and potato soup, cheesy scone (made from smash, egg, cottage cheese and seasoning)

Dinner: Mexican night - a tiny bit of everything but only 3 syns for cheese:- mexican rice, chili con carne, fajhitas (??spelling), salad- spring onion /tomato/lettuce/sweetcorn, cheese

HEA - milk in drinks

TOTAL SYNS = 3 /105

Today, 3 April 2013

Breakfast: bacon and egg sarnie (HEB for bread)

Lunch: beans and last of cheesy smash scone

Dinner: bubble and squeak cake, ham, pickles, beetroot
Banana

HEA - milk in drinks

TOTAL SYNS = 3/105

Woke up bright and early this morning, and I think - but only just mind you - that there was a chink of blue in the sky - whoopee - maybe this is the beginning of the end of winter - don't want to go on and tempt fate though so I'll leave it at that . . . .and wait to see. . .

Breakfast: Bread roll (HEB) egg, tomatoes

Lunch:

Dinner: Pasta bake - pasta tomato sauce veggies (onion/peppers/courgette/aubergine etc) cheese (HEA)

Syns

TOTAL SYNS = 3/105

Will update with more later:)

Have been a bit amiss in keeping up with this diary, but have made a promise today to try and keep in up for a week at a time - Monday is weigh in day for me so this is the start of a new week.Have also been really bad at keeping up with my exercise - usually I run for about 40mins 3 times a week, but since mid Feb this too has been a bit hit and miss - so this morning I got up and put my running gear on and once kids and OH had left for work and school I actually left the house and did the first run in about 3 weeks - it was totally hard work - I sounded like an old steam engine - puffing my way along - but it is done so I feel like it's a little victory, will be out again on Wednesday - another promise to myself:rolleyes:

So today I have had so far....

HEA: half in cheese half for milk in drinks

Banana when I got up - fuel for my run :)

Breakfast: poached egg on 1 slice of bread (0.5 HEB), tomatoes

Lunch: Gnocchi (0syns according to SW calculator) in tomato sauce with courgette, onion, peppers and aubergine (small portion left over from Sunday)
Fresh pineapple

Snack: SW falafel (0syns) with SW tzatziki (0syns)

Dinner: Spaghetti bolognese, side salad with dressing 2 syns, small piece of bread ? 3 syns

Was an extra easy day after all

TOTAL SYNS = 5/105

Last edited:
Extra Easy today

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, smoked salmon (sounds decadent for a Tuesday - but it was nearing sell by date:D), cucumber, tomatoes

Lunch: egg fried rice with chicken and wok vegetables (frozen mix), chocolate pudding - my concoction - silken tofu with half portion of cadbury's highlights mixed in 1syn and topped with blob of aerosol cream (low fat version) 0.5 syn

Dinner: LF sausages 1syn, mash, gravy 1.5 syns, broccoli and carrots

HEA: milk in drinks
HEB: maybe toast before bed???

TOTAL SYNS = 9/105

Good morning - hope everyone is well and ready for the mid week bump - it all downhill to the weekend after today:happy036: actually for me it's a double edged sword - no work which is brilliant but then I do always just want to pull a chair up to the fridge and eat contents at the weekend - I don't know why this is - it's just something that takes over me Saturday and Sunday (and occassionally Friday evenings too) This weekend I must try to stay strong but lets just take one day at a time - we have some time until then - no use in worrying about it till it gets here!

Well, yesterday I decided that I must be going mad - I have lost my broccoli!!! - can't find it anywhere - maybe I was dreaming when I thought I had bought it - LOL - it's truly a senior moment :eek:

so last night I ended up with some cabbage to go alongside bangers and mash- but the missing broccoli is really bugging my brain - so am no doubt gonna obsess about it for days!!

Today is extra easy

Banana, 30 min run

Breakfast: 1 slice toast (HEB), beans, egg

Lunch: left over spag bol, little side salad 1 syn for salad dressing
chocolate pudidng made from silken tofu, highlights and 1 squirt of aerosol cream - 1.5 syns

Dinner: home made burger, potato wedges, coleslaw(SW style) salad 2 syns for coleslaw

HEA: Milk in drinks
HEB: wholewheat bread

TOTAL SYNS = 13.5/105 (to be updated later today:))

Last edited:
Another extra easy day for me today - nothing really planned as such

Breakfast: ryvita x 2(HEB) with mashed up egg and LF mayo (1syn for mayo), tomato and cucumber

Lunch:ended up going out to Chinese - at least they have tepanyaki - where you take all the raw food and they cook it for you - had stir fry chicken , noodles and veg (2 syns for oil?? - actually its cooked on a flat griddle thing with barely any oil - you can see the guy doing it - but just to be on the safe side), tiny piece of cake (size of matchbox) 3 syns??

Dinner: couple of mouthfuls of chicken biryani (made from old SW book) not hungry really.

HEA: milk in drinks
HEB: ryvita x 2

TOTAL SYNS = 19.5/105

Last edited:
Friday - Yay - what's more to say?

Extra Easy

Breakfast: missed it so had a very early lunch (11.45 here)

Lunch: Pasta, courgette, red onion, 20g soft goats cheese (4 syns - thought it cold be part HEA - but just had a look and it is only hard goats cheese that's listed - BOO!!)

Dinner: salmon, new potatoes, asparagus

HEB:

TOTAL SYNS = 23.5 / 105

Well over the course of the weekend - Friday pm and Saturday have made my way through 2 bottles of wine and 2 lagers - (estimate - party Friday pm and wedding on Saturday) eww - too much!! include that with the nibbles I had I think I am over syns for the week.

So today I have no syns to play with and MUST stick to plan. Not sure what I will eat - haven"t thought about it yet but we have plenty of good food in the house so it shouldn't be too difficult (famous last words???? hope not LOL)

Breakfast:
Banana, 0%fat Greek yogurt

Lunch: cottage cheese, tomato, cucumber, boiled egg

Dinner: pork, potatoes, veggies

HEB:bread (toast for supper)

TOTAL SYNS = BANKRUPT- don't even think about it for today !!!

Last edited:
Lovely morning here - blue sky and a promise of 18 degrees from the weather forecast :character00238:

Extra Easy day again

Breakfast: Eggs on toast (HEB)

Lunch: cottage cheese, salad

Dinner: hairy bikers meatballs and pasta, salad with dressing (1.5syns), tomato and mozzarella side (2.5 syns)

HEA: Milk / parmesan cheese on meatballs

TOTAL SYNS = 4/105

Last edited:
Another day another dollar:D

Extra Easy again today (is there any other?? - not for me it seems!)

Banana, then 40 min jog

Breakfast: eggs on toast (again!) HEB for bread

Lunch: Tuna salad, fat free yogurt and raspberries

banana

Dinner: Keema and rice, tandoori chicken, asian slaw

HEA: Milk in drinks

Snacks - mikado x 8 = 4syns, toast 6 syns, butter 3 syns - oh dear - have had an attack of the munchies this evening - but am over it now at least!!

TOTAL SYNS = 17/105

Last edited:
Morning diary, well I am up for a good day today please, here is the plan, may even take some photos and upload if I a) remember before scoffing and b) can manage to do this with new phone!

Breakfast: banana

Lunch: left over tandoori chicken, rice and a little lentil / spinach dahl

snack: Ryvita x 2 with very low fat cottage cheese and sliced tomato

Dinner: Chicken Francese with salad and orzo pasta - recipe here: total 3 syns per serving

Chicken Francese - Lightened Up | Skinnytaste

cake!!! should not have had this but - well, I just did so I am guessing 5 syns?

HEA: Milk in drinks and rice pudding
HEB:Ryvita x 2

TOTAL SYNS = 25/ 105 (weigh on Monday)

Oops - forgot to take photos - see if I remember tomorrow:D

Don't know what's wrong with me tonight - just had a treat size bag of maltesers too - another 5.5 syns TOTAL SYNS = 30.5/ 105 (weigh on Monday)

Last edited:
Oki doki - another day at the wheel :D

Am really not sure what's planned today - in as much as nothing is planned - LOL

It's a play by ear day - but no doubt an extra easy - will fill in the diary as I go along

Breakfast: had a banana and a cherry yogurt

Lunch: Scramble sort of thing - potato, onion, courgette, egg-scrambled up and mixed through, babybel light x1 (part HEA), and of course the compulsory tomato sprinkled with chilli salt - LOL - sounds gross but was actually really tasty.

Dinner: vegetable fried rice - think it's turned into a green day by accident

HEA: babybel light x1 and... milk
HEB:

Snack - maltesers (treat size bag) 5.5syns - slipped these in pretty early !! wish I hadn't had a packet last night - it reminded me how much I like them :p

TOTAL SYNS = 30.5/105

Last edited:
Yay, Friday at last!!!! Love the weekend but hate the struggle I have trying to keep to plan :eek: must try harder this weekend!!

Another extra easy day for me today:

Breakfast: smoked salmon and scrambled egg, cucumber

Lunch: pasta in tomato sauce

Dinner: spicy ginger chicken with rice (1.5syns for chicken)

HEA: probably milk in drinks
HEB: Ryvita for evening snack

TOTAL SYNS = 32 / 105 (watch this space!!!!)

Have a horrible cold and have been feeling really grotty all weekend so have not really stuck to any plan - weigh in today was a 3lb loss but I am sure once I am eating properly again I will gain some back so I'm taking it as a "not to be trusted' weight - we will see next week - hopefully by then I will be back to normal. On the plus side - it stopped me from going crazy at the weekend for once:hmm:

Thought I should try and keep on track today - even though I am still not really feeling like it - but don't want to stray too far...

Breakfast: boiled egg and 1 slice of toast (ate about 2/3 of it)

Lunch: couple of spoons of boiled rice with some roast veggies (left over from OH's and kids dinner last night)

Dinner: Have told OH to pick up some Pizza fro himself and kids - not sure what I want - am not feeling hungry at all just now - maybe some soup later??

HEA: milk (but only had 1 cuppa today so far - but lots of water and SF squash)
HEB: bread - prob half small slice in total

TOTAL SYNS = 0/105

Last edited:
Still feeling bleargh!!

Am just taking this a meal at a time at the moment - have no appetite which is not me at all - LOL!!

Yesterday I ended up with a cheese and beetroot sarnie for dinner - ate about 3/4 of it - so it ended up a green day (bread was my second HEB and cheese HEA)

Today so far:

Breakfast: 1 slice toast (HEB), slice of ham

Lunch:bread x 1 slice (HEB), Lurpak spreadable, lighter 1.5 syns, jam 0.5 syns

Dinner: Pork Carnitas, rice, corn and black bean salsa 1syn, tiny bit og=f guacamole with about 3 tortilla chips (gonna say 5 syns??)

TOTAL SYNS = 8/105

Last edited:
Back