ClaireL second chance diary

Having another red day today

Breakfast: Fried egg butty - (fried in frylight) HEB for bread and 1 syn for small splodge of brown sauce. Yummy!!

Lunch: Left over Lamb Buhna with some of the carrots and some wilted spinach (no rice)

Dinner: Steak with roast veggies - peppers, courgette, red onion, cherry tomatoes etc

HEB1 = bread
HEB2 =

HEA = Milk in tea and coffee throughout the day

Total syns = 3 so far

Last edited:
Dinner was so good - yum yum

Ended up having the steak with the roast veggies but also did some SW chips (HEB) and half a bread roll 3syns - so it was a bit like a steak sarnie (open style) - also ended up adding 1/4 slice of cheese on the steak so that is my second HEA - got to say am loving the 2 HEA and HEB when you do the red and green days.

Did try to take a photo but phone battery really low so it was very dark and blurred!!

No salad so syns for salad dressing taken away but did have the bread roll so 3 syns for that and another 1 syn for scraping of Lurpak lighter.

Oh don't forget the afters - banana with greek yogurt and 1tsp honey 1syn

Well I can say without any doubt that I won't want supper!!

TOTAL SYNS = 6/15

Today is a green day as I have to eat the aubergine bake that I madeon Sunday :D - Mozarella cheese is HEB on the green day but would be 6 syns on other plans - well if that's not reason enough I don't know what is!!

Breakfast: brown roll (HEB), mashed up egg with 1tsp ELF Mayo (1syn) and industrial quantity of fresh chives (new addiction:p), mini oval
tomatoes

eggsagain.JPG

Lunch: Aubergine bake (HEB for mozarella cheese)- aubergine, HEB portion of mozarella, onion, passata, garlic /herbs etc

Dinner: Mushroom chow mein (SW style - I hope it tastes OK - am gonna wing it with this - not sure what goes in but hopefully it will be edible!

HEA: Milk
HEA:cheese

HEB: Bread Roll
HEB: Mozarella cheese

SYNS= 12/15 (mikados and ice cream lolly after dinner)

Last edited:
Wednesday - great - I always feel like we are on the home run to the weekend once we get to Wednesday:D

Today is going to be a red day hopefully - I have my book group tonight and have no idea what will be served up foodwise so I am going to avoid HEs so that I can have them this evening if needed - if you know what I mean!

Breakfast: Ham n eggs - good Austrian breakfast!! - lots of chopped chives of course - you know I eat far too many eggs!!! but I love them - what's a girl to do??

hamneggs.JPG
Lunch: Prawn salad

Dinner: Book group so no idea, will update later

HEAs: Milk /
HEBs:

TOTAL SYNS =

Last edited:
So, at book group yesterday we were fed asparagus quiche with salad and cheesecake - had the asparagus quiche trying to scrape the quiche from the pastry base!! and the salad - thinking maybe 7 syns for the quiche content and salad dressing (total guess!) and ate only 1 mouthful of the cheesecake, asked for tiny tiny slice but only had 1 taste which was enough anyway - cheesecake is nice but I have more of a savoury thing going on:p (Friend knows I am trying to lose weight so it was no big deal to her - plus more to go round for everyone else) so maybe another 4 syns for the cheesecake as I am sure it was loaded with full fat philly, sugar and cream etc. so probably had all 15 syns last night as I have forgotten to add the salad dressing used on the prawn salad I had for lunch!. Did say NO to the wine though which I am quite proud of!!

Anyhow - I woke this morning and am feeling at a bit of a loss, have no plan of what to eat and can't even decide which day I want to follow, my only thought is not to have eggs for breakfast again!! I need to go and get some fresh fruit and salad stuff from the shop later as what is left in the house is looking a little bit 'under the weather' should we say :rolleyes: hopefully I will see something that inspires me one way or the other!

Will update as I go along today I think

branflakes.JPG

Breakfast - then: - ended up with bran flakes and banana (milk from HEA) - feel like an old timer with bran flakes - oh wait a minute tho - I am an old timer -LOL :D

Snack: Kellogg's special K red berries bar - 4syns

Lunch: Prawn stir fry, strawberries and vanilla yogurt

Dinner: Salmon, spaghetti with garlic and chilli, asparagus and broccoli (funny mix but tasted OK)

Cadbury's Caramel bar - Oops !- need to check syns for that
white wine - 4.5 syns

TOTAL SYNS= 8.5 plus caramel bar?

Last edited:
Morning world - thank god it's Friday - how many of us are saying that today!

Was supposed to be going out for Pizza tonight with friends but one is going to be late home as she is travellling with work and her flight is later than she expected - so we have postponed until we can all be there - never mind - think of the syns I will save:D

So today was going to be extra easy so that I could have a bigger choice when we went out tonight but now I am toying with the idea of a red day (yesterday was supposed to be red until the pasta with tea - so became extra easy), Mmmmm choices, choices....will see how I go this afternoon.

Breakfast: eggs on toast, melon.

Lunch:

Dinner:

HEB: Bread (1 slice)

SYNS=

Back from lovely long weekend (bank holiday here yesterday) totally off plan - well probably OK foodwise to be honest but quite a lot of wine and beer consumed :eek: which completely messed up the syns!! so we have a 1/2lb gain today (will work hard this week to try and stop it biting my bum next week LOL) so back to it with a vengence :D

Today is a red day - not any more - turned extra easy at dinnertime !

Breakfast: 1 slice of WM bread (HEB) toasted with scaping of lurpak lighter (1syn) and banana (not an egg in sight!! LOL) - gonna syn the bread at 3 as now on extra easy

Lunch: pork in a greek spice mix (1/2syn) with green beans and garlicky mushrooms
greek yogurt with raspberries

Dinner: Edit as chicken salad off and ham sarnie with mexican rice and salad on - so now ended up as an EXTRA EASY day - I am getting a bit too used to doing this - tomorrow I stick with the choice I make in the morning!! so still 2 syns for dressing, also had tiny amount of grated cheese but am going to count that as part HEA as have not had full amount of milk (never do have full amount in any case).
orange jelly with spray LF cream (2syns)

Snack - 5 tortilla chips (25g is 6 syns so will go with that even though it is prob over estimate)

HEA: Milk in drinks and tiny amount of cheese
HEB: Bread roll (sarnie at dinner)

TOTAL SYNS = 14.5/15

completely synned out so am off to bed with good book and cup of tea

Last edited:
Lovely day here today and for me the eats are going to be GREEN

so far:
Breakfast: beans and 1 egg on 1 slice of WM bread toasted (HEB)

Lunch: potato and onion omelette, banana

Dinner: planning pizza (smash pizza with peppers, red onion, sweetcorn topping + HEA for the cheese), jacket potato, SW coleslaw and salad - do I have to syn the smash base even though it"s part of the meal? some say yes and some say no - not sure what to do - but as I had a naughty winey weekend probably should syn it just in case

TOTAL SYNS = 3 glasses of wine - Oh well that will be 18 syns please!! over by 3 today maybe I can claw them back tomorrow!

Last edited:
well the smash pizza was a huge fail - I think I didn't bake the base long enough - it ended up just pizza topping on mashed potato - LOL - well I am not going to be defeated - will try again at some point in the future...on the positive side, I only scraped off the topping and ate that so the issue of should I or shouldn't I syn the base is irrelevant as I only had one mouthful (am NOT synning one mouthful!!)

Anyway.. onwards,so it's friday eve and I am thinking an EXTRA EASY day is called for today, although I have no real idea of what I am going to eat yet:D

Breakfast: 1 slice WM bread (HEB) toasted with Lurpak lighter (1 syn) and a banana, followed by peach melba yogurt (yummy)
breakfast.JPG

Lunch: Oldest son came home from school at 12 after his German exam - so we hit the chinese - ended up with sushi and stir fry chicken and veggies (you choose raw meats / veg and they cook it while you watch - so I am thinking it's not too bad - choose your own sauce too - I went for the ginger and coriander which is light - or low fat - whatever! - altogether I am going for 6 syns to cover sauce and sushi??)

Dinner: Hunters Chicken with veggies

HEA: Milk in drinks
HEB:Bread

TOTAL SYNS = 7/15

Last edited:
Forgot all about the diary yesterday - but it was a good day - went for the extra easy choice here is how it went:)

Breakfast: Toast (HEB) and banana

Lunch courgette, onion and mixed peppers in chili sauce with mexican yellow rice

Dinner: chicken and pasta with med roast veggies

Syns: wine x2 = 12syns

HEA: Milk and small amount of cheese grated over veg chili
HEB: Bread

Busy Saturday - just love them!!

Have some men building a new patio and garden shed so they arrived at 8am, was up and ready - made them a cuppa and left them to it while I went for my groceries, loads of lovely fruit and veg later, arrived home, made breakfast (also did quick bacon butties for the lovely guys sorting out the garden - got to keep them fueled up!!) Youngest son is off to a birthday party/overnighter so had to get him going - you know - cajole out of PJs!, encourage to have a shower!, bribe to clean teeth! nag to get dressed! remind him to sort out overnight bag etc etc...
Just dropped him off and got back home, have a couple of hours relax time before I should get ready to go out for the evening with OH. Does it count as body magic - probably not but I think it should - LOL!!

So it's Extra Easy again today for me

Breakfast: poached egg on 1 slice of WM bread toasted (HEB)

Lunch: courgette, onion, green pepper and prawns stir fried and served with left over mexican rice

Just sat down to update this with my snack: ryvita x 2 cottage cheese and cherry tomatoes, lovely hot cup of tea (even better as made by OH)

Dinner: not sure yet but have loads in so choice is endless!

HEB: bread x 1 slice and 2 ryvita

Happy Sunday- boo hoo cos its the end if the weekend so I am going to make it a super relaxing day!!
Extra easy today- eats are planned as follows

Breakfast: big breakfast- egg bacon beans tomato and mushrooms plus 1/2 tsp brown sauce 1 sun
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1369560689.739845.jpg

Lunch: sw donner kebab salad

Dinner: roast beef with veggies and gravy 2 syns for gravy also had 2 glasses of wine 12 syns

dinner.JPG

HEA- milk
HEB-

Syns 15/15 so far

Last edited:
Well suprise, suprise scales show a 1.5lb gain this week - didn't do very well trying to make up for previous weeks naughtiness and this is the result!! Oh well, I'm in this for the long run so I am not going to get too down about it and just carry on.............saying that I will put in extra effort to keep to my syns this week otherwise I'm just not following the plan am I..here goes then...

Today is extra easy

Breakfast: Bread roll (HEB) with tomato and sliced egg (out of Lurpak lighter so I have spread 1 tsp of extra LF mayo on the bread - need to check syny as it is an Austrian brand that I haven't used before - (couldn't get hold of Hellman's :sigh:)

Lunch: Carrot and coriander soup

Dinner: Gnocchi / bolognese bake (gonna make sauce quite sloppy with lots of passata so that the gnocchi soaks up some of the juice- topped with grated babybel lights (HEA) with a side salad - wine!! again!! another 12 syns - well there is no more in the house and I ain't buying any more so that should put an end to it!!

HEA: Babybel light

Syns= 14/15

Last edited:
Another EXTRA EASY day for me today (why to I always have a compulsion to put EXTRA EASY in capitals!! - LOL - think I am going mad!

Breakfast: Bread roll with ham and tomato (1 syn for ELF mayo)

Lunch: left over carrot and and coriander soup, yogurt

soup.JPG

Dinner: chili with rice, corn on cob (cos they are looking a bit dry!!) some salady bits and pieces - lettuce, spring onion, chili peppers all sliced finely and sprinkled on chili - that's the way I like it Mmm :p

HEA: milk in drinks and maybe a little bit of grated cheese with dinner (jury is out at the mo!)
HEB: Bread roll

Syns: 2 chocolate hobnob biscuit 9, extra slice of bread at supper time toasted - no butter! 3

Syns = 13/15

Last edited:
It's bank holiday here tomorrow so a bit of a manic morning as the shops will all be shut tomorrow and I needed some fresh stuff...mad dash round the shops after dropping kids off at school, rush back home to start work at 9 (work from home so there is a bit of flexibility but today had a phone call arranged for 9am). Just managed to have breakfast now and have been up since 6am - was ravenous but also feeling a bit sick at the same time!

Today is going to be a red day - fingers crossed :p

Breakfast: yogurt, raspberries, blueberries and 14g meusli (half HEB)

breakfast.JPG

Lunch: Beef salad, 0.5syn for mayo

beef salad.JPG

Dinner: prawns, courgette, yellow pepper, onion, garlic - all fried together and devoured !!
chocolate pudding 6 syns - EEK - but totally worth it - not really a chocolate fan but tonight this just hit the spot:p

HEA: milk in drinks
HEB: half for meusli

Syns=0.5/15

Last edited:
Wonderful, wonderful bank holiday here today :D - and I am going to do nothing!!

Going to try for a red day again today but it might just wander over to EXTRA EASY at some point as both kids home from school and I don't want to have to make 2 lunches and dinners:eek:

Breakfast: WM bread toasted (HEB) with mushrooms, spring onion and bacon cooked together then a tsp of LF soft cheese added just to make a creamyish sauce - was very yummy (1syn for LF soft cheese - it's some Austrian brand but only 2% fat - bit bland on it's own but great to stir into sauces etc - it is so unusual to find LF dairy goodies here so I am mega excited with this find!! - sad really isn't it :rolleyes: )

mushrooms.JPG

Not sure about the rest of the day so will just update as I go along

Lunch: got round to cooking the fake donner kebab and ate it with a salad and garlic mayo (0.5 syns)
Super yummy
ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1369916757.001821.jpg

Thanks Kirsty - the mushrooms were really good - will def be having them again ;)

Dinner last night was pork in mustard sauce 5 syns with SW chips and peas/ carrots (not enough superfree, I know) , and sneaky glass of vino - 6syns- and this makes yesterday EXTRA EASY rather than the red I was aiming for:(

Also had ryvita x 2 (second half of HEB) with cream cheese 2syns and jam 2 syns so total synage for yesterday was 15 - up to the limit then!!

Onwards and upwards (well hopefully downwards actually)................
The worst thing about bank holidays is having to go back to work the next day :sigh: - but here I am - at öleast I work from home so it's flexible - bit can't beleive the number of emails I got yesterday - have all them to plough through and replyto!! on the plus side it's only 1 day then the WEEKEND!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!

Today will be extra easy, have no meals in mind and have to go out with eldest son today - little lunch break foray - just for a few things needed for upcoming school trip - so lunch out is a possibility - I will keep it together and not make bad choices!! - keep saying that mantra Claire - LOL!!

Breakfast - Bread Roll with mashed egg and mayo (0.5 syns), cherry tmatoes (HEB for bread) - prob should have held on the HEB til later today - oops - too late now cos it's in my belly!!

Lunch - don't know yet

Dinner - don't know yet

Syns= 0.5/15

Back