ClaireL second chance diary

Quick post today, still feeling pretty crappy - went to the docs this pm, she reckons it's bronchitis or possibly pneumonia - have to go for chest xray at 11 tomorrow morning (will hopefully exclude pneumonia) I feel soooo exhausted!! Never mind - have some antibiotics, inhaler (much to my mildly asthmatic son's amusement!) and some "good"(doctors words) cough syrup - "only to be taken at bedtime!!" - am thinking it will probably just knock me out!! well with all that I hope I am feeling a bit more like a human soon - I hate being ill!!

Breakfast: toast with Lurpak spreadable lighter 1.5 syns but didn't eat more than half of it so am going to say just 1 syn

Lunch: Rice with mushrooms (very small portion - I feel really full after just a few mouthfuls - this is not like me at all!

Dinner: Cheese sandwich with SW chips - again - poor effort again - probably 2/3 of sarnie and half of the chips I made 3 syns for LF spread and ELF mayo

HEA: Cheese /Milk

HEB: Bread (probably 2 full slices in total)

TOTAL SYNS = 12/105

Last edited:
Sounds like you're hurting :( well done for sticking to plan through it. Hope tomorrow goes ok and the tabs kick in soon x

Sounds like you're hurting :( well done for sticking to plan through it. Hope tomorrow goes ok and the tabs kick in soon x

Aw thanks - am sure it's gonna clear up soon - had 2 days of antibiotics by bed time tonight so am thinking I will wake up feeling better:eek:

Today is extra easy but I haven't been very good with superfree so far..

Breakfast: yogurt

Lunch: bit of the left over pulled pork (was really salty!!), banana

Dinner: Have made the Japanese pok curry from SW Taste of Asia book - smells nice!! - hope it tastes good, gonna have it with rice

HEA Milk in drinks
HEB - maybe try some toast for supper if hungry??

TOTAL SYNS = 12/105

Last edited:
Happy Friday!!

Had the Japanese pork curry last night and it was very nice (similar to the mayflower curry sauce but maybe not as thick sauce) anyway it went down very well - will def make it again sometime.

Today's offerings are:

not sure what plan I am going to do - it's still open for debate just now:rolleyes: - edited to EXTRA EASY!

Breakfast: 1 slice toast (HEB) poached egg

Lunch: will have some fruit on the go as have docs appointment at 12.45 and she is notorious for running late!! (have just eaten breakfast as 11am so am not going to be wanting much anyway)
OK so back from doctors and have plunged head first into a very naughty pudding - 10syns!!! plus an ice lolly 5 syns, then I had a cheese sarnie with tomatoes (another 5 syns for extra bread and scraping of LF spread)- was really not that hungry so don't know what that was all about!! never mind still have syns spare for the week so I am not going to even blink an eye;)

Dinner: eldest son is going to a concert tonight with his mates and youngest son is staying over at his friends house - straight from football training - so chances are I don't have anyone to consider other than myself and OH (who is pretty easy to please when it comes to grub!) - have no idea what to cook but have lots of nice fresh meat and veggies in - so will see what takes my fancy later on.
Making new potato, asparagus and turkey steaks with peppercorn sauce

Appetite is S L O W L Y coming back I think!! (maybe not so slowly after all - LOL)

HEA: milk in drinks /cheese
HEB: Bread

TOTAL SYNS = 32/105 - am going to have to get some synning done if I can :D weigh in is on Monday - I hate leaving them 'open' - like to know i have had my allowance - but this week I have been totally off everything - weekend beckons though - hope to make up if I can!!

Last edited:
Hello campers!! - am feeling much better today - appetite is back and I am rearing to go - weigh in today and have lost 2lbs, but probably due to not eating very much last week, I am going to try hard to keep it off but I have a feeling it won't be easy now that I am eating properly - we will see next Monday :eek:

Today is going to be a green day

Breakfast: toast (HEB) and egg

Lunch: SW chips, veg soup (homemade 0syns), ryvita x2 HEB with cottage cheese and tomato

Dinner: SW quiche (mushroom, asparagus and goats cheese ) with salad and potato salad (HEA and 2 syns for quiche and salad dressing, 1.5 syns for potato salad)

HEA: Goats cheese / milk
HEB: bread x 1 slice and ryvita x 2

TOTAL SYNS = 3.5/105

Last edited:
Gooood Mooorrniing:D

Quiet day planned today - I was thinking I would try a red day today but then decided that I am going to use up some left overs so think it has to be extra easy - red day tomorrow maybe:confused:

Breakfast: slice of left over SW quiche (mushroom, asparagus and goats cheese -half HEA)

Lunch: homemade veg soup with pastrami salad sandwich

Dinner: pasta bake 2 syns, salad

HEA: Milk / goats cheese

HEB: bread

TOTAL SYNS = 5.5/105

had a mega blow out last night - the devil got into me and I just went for it big time - including having 4 lagers! - well I have added all the syns up and my total to begin today is 78/105 - grand total of 27 syns left for the remainder of the week - weigh in on MOnday!- eek:eek: - not sure this is going to work but I will try my best - penance for my total disregard for the plan !!!!

Bank holiday today, so shops not open and I didn't do any shopping yesterday as I though OH was going to get the few bits we needed and he thought I was - never mind we won't starve, but it makes today a bit more tricky - up for the challenge???

So today is extra easy (I think) - actually I will just add meal by meal so decision about what day it is will come later on :eek:

Breakfast: toast (1 slice) half HEB spread with 1/2 teaspoon lurpak spreadable lighter (1 syn - oops there goes another!)

Lunch: SW quiche, beans, tomato
Mango

Dinner: chicken Tikka Masala (SW recipe), Pilau rice, onion bahji (1.5 syns)

HEA: Milk
HEB: 1 slice bread

TOTAL SYNS= 80.5/105

Last edited:
Hello world :p

Have had a thought and have decided that there is no way I am going to stay within 24.5 syns between now and Monday - there's a weekend in there LOL!! so I am going to accept that I blew it synwise for this week and am just going to do daily syny today, Friday Saturday and Sunday - trying to keep to 10 syny per day. I think I can do that at least.

Todays grub plan looks like this - EXTRA EASY

Breakfast: Mango

Lunch: left over Chicken Tikka Masala with rice and some wilted spinach as superfree

Snack: 1 slice of bread with lurpak spreadable (1.5 syns), chicken slice and tomato

Dinner. LF sausages (1 syn) with garlic mash 1 syn for low fat butter added before mashing, broccoli carrots peas and gravy (1.5 syns)
strawberries with blob of low fat squirty cream 0.5 syn

Thinking of having an cadbury's highlight chocolate drink before bed too - so another 2.5 syns

HEA: milk
HEB: bread

Total syny for today 8/15

Last edited:
Happy Friday!!

Not sure what to go for today - so have started the day with a "free on all plans" breakkie

Breakfast: Eggs in Purgatory - very filling and very YUM:D (total of 0.5 syns for the whole lot (and I have still some of the tomato sauce left over - might add it to some pasta later or maybe with some meatballs - either way this recipe is definitely now a keeper:p)

here's a photo of them - looks a bit blergh but soooooo tasty

eggs in purgatory.JPG

Lunch: Pastrami sandwich with salad (HEB for bread and 1.5 syns for spread)

Dinner: Chili and rice, more salad to fill up with superfree
couple of tortilla chips guess 4 syns?, small cake 4 syns

HEA: MIlk

TOTAL SYNS = 10/15

Last edited:
Saturday and my weekend ordeal continues - I was relatively good last night, so I hope I can keep it up for today and this evening too

I am going to try for a red day today as I have already had 2 portions of HEB - both bread Mmmm! that's not too great is it? - if I waver with my dinner then I will make it an extra easy day and add 6 syns for lunchtime sarnie

So, today's grub is -

Breakfast toast (HEB) with soft boiled egg

Lunch: Pastrami sandwich with rocket and tomato, followed by fresh raspberries and a syn free vanilla yogurt ( 1.5 syns for spread)

Dinner: Have some lamb steaks that I want to use but not sure how I will cook them or what I will have them with - gonna check through my recipe books to see if anything inspires me:)

Well I actually minced the lamb then made up some spicy lamb burgers and had 2 with roasted root veggies - sort of chunky chips but not with spuds :D - it was absolutely tasty - prob a bit spicy for the kids but definitely to do again when it is just me and OH for dinner - and totally syn free to boot!!

Now have decided to have a couple of small glasses of wine this evening - will stay within my syn allowance though :)

HEB: Bread x 2 portions

TOTAL SYNS = 1.5/15

Last edited:
Was a bit naughty after all last night and munched and drank my way through 20 syns - I really don't know why I sabotage myself like this - it's as though I don't want to lose weight which is definitely NOT the case - well I have had a tough talk to myself and the weekend evil is now over and I am determined to be more in control for the week to come - starting today - :hmm: - this my 'seriously gonna get on with this' face!!

Today is an extra easy day

Breakfast: field mushroom, tomato, beans, egg and 1 slice of bread spread with half a laughing cow light cheese (HEB and part HEA)

CIMG0580.jpg

Lunch: Krauterfleckerl - Austrian dish - basically pasta and cabbage with lots of black pepper - very nice and really filling!
photo (2).JPG

Dinner: have a turkey breast joint so will make a 'Sunday roast' with loads of veggies, gravy 1.5 syns
tofu 'chocolate' pudding with fresh raspberries and squirty cream (2 syns per portion - for highlights sachet and squirty cream)

HEA: Milk and LF laughing cow cheese (half triangle)

TOTAL SYNS: 3.5 / 15 (tryin to keep it low today - weigh in tomorrow :eek: ) It's a bit late to be trying to make up after my week - but better starting now than waiting until Monday and allowing myself to do even more damage

Last edited:
Monday already!! oh well back to the grindstone :sigh: - hope everyone has a good start to the week.

My weekend was a bit messy, especially Saturday's evening madness so I was very suprised when I jumped on the scales (actually it was more of a slow frightened step - you knnow one toe at a time) and saw that I have STS - this might mean that the pounds will come and get me next week - but now I have a whole week to be well behaved and stick 100% to the plan in an attempt to stop this happening and maybe, if I am really good I can even go for a loss by next Monday ;) here's hoping - it's all down to me after all. Just realised that I haven't updated my stats for a couple of weeks so will also do that and try to keep up!!

Today is going to be a green day as I am having Meatless Monday

Breakfast: Banana, vanilla yogurt

Lunch: SW style fried rice with veggies (left overs from yesterday's roast dinner) chopped up and added

Snack - ryvita x 2 with cottage cheese and cucumber, couple of celery sticks

rice.JPG

Dinnner: Cheesy mushroom pasta (part HEA for philly cheese) was absolutely lovely, if a little garlicky - well it'll keep the vampires (and everyone else) away :D
had anothe of the chocolate pudding things with fresh raspberries and squirty cream - so that's another 2 syns - oh and another 1.5 syns for tiddly bit of parmesan on pasta

Looking back I have eaten loads today - gonna try a red day tomorrow see if I eat less

HEB: Ryvita

HEA: philadelphia cheese
SYNS = 3.5/105

Last edited:
Ohh - that cheesy mushroom pasta concoction from yesterday has sat really heavy on my stomach all night - probably the overpowering garlic!!!

Never mind - will drink lots today to flush it all out of my system.

Well, I was planning a red day today, but my youngest son has requested SW style KFC for dinner - and who am I to object - so Extra Easy it is as I will be wanting to join in with all the extras:D

Today's grub is:

Breakfast: Bread roll (HEB) with mashed egg with ELF Mayo (1syn) and chives, with some tomato
breakfasr roll.JPG

Lunch: Have some carrot and coriander soup simmering away - so I will have a small cup of that to keep me going until ............. Ta Da......

Dinner: KFC SW style - so this will be the chicken, beans, SW wedges, coleslaw and sweetcorn, with a side salad just to get the super free in there. I'm really looking forward to it - yum yum 2 syns for coleslaw (just a guess - used 2 tablespoons of LF mayo in the dressing ?)
Chocolate pudding thingy 2 syns

HEA: Milk in drinks

HEB: Bread roll

TOTAL SYNS: 8.5 / 105

Last edited:
Breakfast: egg, bacon, tin tomatoes and toast

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1368000711.131410.jpg

Lunch: prawn and egg salad 2 syns for salad dressing - got a bit smashed about in tub but still tasted ok - mind you I was starving by time I tucked in- work getting in the way of eating!!
Vanilla yogurt and raspberries - shock horror - thought I was eating one of my low fat yogs but when I looked at the container it is a full fat one - worked out as 5 syns - bloody hell - and I was thinking I was being virtuous - I mean what company uses very very similar design and exact same colour on their normal and low fat products - Hmmmff, well just have to count it in and be less naughty later!

001.JPG

Not sure what to have for dinner - am trying a red day so will see what I can find in the freezer:rolleyes:

TOTAL SYNS = 17/105 (forgot to add salad dressing from last night)

Last edited:
Just had dinner and it was great - Madame La Minx salt and pepper chicken - recipe from this site - peppery and juicy - Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm
Didn't take a photo - only thought about it when I was almost finished. Had it with asparagus - strange choice for a side but it was starting to look a little bit sad in the fridge - needed to be used up - so it was.

Have also snacked on 2 ryvita with red pepper cottage cheese and cucumber -cottage cheese was really tasty too - it's really difficult to find flavoured cottage cheese here (well the LF stuff anyway) so when I saw this one I just had to try it - glad I did - will be going back for more! It was all pink - real girly cottage cheese:D- LOL

Well it's a national holiday here tomorrow - so might just sit back with a G&T (slimline tonic of course) put my feet up and watch me a bit of telly.

Yesterday was a total disaster - second tme this week that I have totally lost the plot - million syns consumed :break_diet:- enough said -once again I am trying to get back on and more importantly stay on board with this plan.

It is not difficult, as far as I am concerned SW is an easy plan to follow and there shouldn't be a problem, but for some reason my head just isn't with it at the moment, but I am not giving up, I'll see what I can salvage over the next few days

Today is a red day:

Breakfast - bread roll, 2 eggs chopped and mixed with ELF mayo 1.5 syns, with chives and tomatoes

Lunch: Salad made with mixed salad leaves, red and orange peppers, red onion, beetroot, cucumber, prawns and fish sticks cut up, dressing was the Paul Newman ginger and Soy (low fat version = 1.5 syns for a Tbsp - prob didn't have that much but gonna say 1.5 anyway)

Dinner: Something with chicken - think I'm going to be clucking soon - but defrosted a big bag of chicken fillets and need to use whats left up tonight!!

HEB 1 = bread roll

HEB 2 =

HEA 1 = Milk

HEA 2 =

Syns = 3

Had chili chicken for dinner last night with rice so changed to extra easy as I had only had 1 HEB anyway

OK - so am trying for a red day again today, fingers crossed :D

Breakfast: scrambled egg with smoked salmon and tomatoes and 1 slice bread (HEB) spread with scraping of Lurpak lighter (1 syn)

Had breakfast at 11.45 as had to take eldest son to school at 10am and thought I would get my shopping on way home - was about 11.30 by the time I was back in the house and had everything packed away - so breakfast was sort of brunch..ish!.

then a bit hungry at 1pm so had a vanilla yogurt with fresh mango

and again bit peckish at 3pm so have had 3 homemade meatballs with big spoon of homemade tomato sauce poured over the top - the meatballs are from the taste of summer recipe book and are supposed to be 0.5 syn each - but I can"t see where the synnage comes from apart from half an apple grated into the mince mix - I actually only used quarter of the apple and when I checked my book it is only 1.5 syns for 25g (cooked) - so according to me that would be 1.5 syns for the entire recipe and I made 15 meatballs - Oh well.... after my diet wrecking past week I should err on the side of caution- so I am going to syn at 0.5 each just to be sure so 1.5 for the three .

Dinner: OH has some kidney that he wants for dinner - I absolutely hate kidney - the smell alone makes me gag :yuk:- so eldest son and I are off to the local Chinese for our dinner - leaving OH to stink the house out at his pleasure :p I will go for the Tepanyaki - which is all the raw meats ?veggies that you pile on your plate then they stir fry it in front of you with sauce of your choice - they do a really nice coriander garlic and ginger sauce (it's the 'light' choice on the menu) so am going to say about 2 syns as they don't put much on. Won't bother with rice or any sides - the meal is very filling and I can add whatever veg I want to my plate. Should be good. Will stick to diet coke too - it's pouring with rain so will be driving anyway.

OK so ended up with the stir fry as planned but also went to the buffet and had small portion of the duck (took skin off before I ate it but am still saying 3 syns as I'm sure there is oil in the there somewhere, and also some prawns - again peeled the shells but am going to assume 2 syns for any oil in cooking (they were not oily at all but just to be sure!)

Syns = 9.5/15

Last edited:
Have been cooking like a mad woman since early this morning - I have NO excuse not to stick to plan this coming week.

I have made - meatballs (again - as OH and eldest son picked their way through yesterdays over the course of last evening leaving only an empty Tupperware box!!)
Pulled Pork is in the slow cooker, barbecue sauce is made to stir through once cooked - have made enough barbecue sauce to also have some for hunter's chicken at some point in the week.
Lamb Buhna simmering away on the cooker top
Aubergine bake cooling down (will have to be green day for the cheese - otherwise too many syns:D)
Still have my tub of tomato sauce made yesterday - good to have with the meatballs or just with pasta

So I will sort it all out later -plan my week and make sure it all goes into the fridge or freezer - depending on when it"s going to be eaten

Today's food then is...EXTRA EASY

Breakfast: mega SW cooked breakfast - bacon, beans, egg, hash browns, mushrooms and tomato, brown sauce 1syn

Lunch: probably nothing as I am still very full from huge breakkie:p but if I get the nibbles later there is fresh pineapple and yogurts in the fridge

Dinner: Lamb Buhna with rice and coriander carrots - used 1 tbsp of oil in Buhna so 6 syns for entire recipe - and it should serve 6 so 1 syn per serving

HEB: ??

Total syns = 15/15 - glass of wine and small torn off piece of nan bread with curry

Last edited:
Back