Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Are you off today Claire, or late shifting?

Off today Jim. Should've been back on a late yesterday but have taken some time owing for yesterday, today n tomorrow. Was going to do a shift tomorrow but think i'll give it a miss n enjoy the extra time off.

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
D. Fry up
2 bacon rashers 0
2 fried eggs 0
2 large flat mushrooms 100g 0.4
2 slices hallumi cheese 50g 0.5

1.4 so far. Am out for a meal tonight though so want to try n be careful until then. May have a wee snackette late afternoon to see me through until the meal at just after 1900hrs.

Enjoy your time off then Love.

1.4 brought forward

S. Few raspberries that needed eating up 3.5

Went swimming n did 10 lengths of 25m pool. Not great i know but it's a start and i'm rubbish at swimming. At least i've been n done something. Then had half hr in jacuzzi :) Arms sore now. Did the lengths keeping legs still n pulling myself along using my arms to help tone them up.

Well i'm just about ready to go out for tea :) going with mum n a mutual friend. it's italian so not too much to choose from lol. Think it'll be olives to start then who knows.. they dont do steak so maybe chicken n salad or a goats cheese salad or something similar. Nice not to washup though :) Have got a new skirt on too! A v.comfortable size 16 though i'm sure i could squeeze into a size smaller maybe due to the style of it. It finishes just above the knee too! First time i've worn anything so short in years! Doesn't change the fact some gobsh*te kid called me tree trunk legs the other day whilst in shorts going to the gym :( ho hum..

Ah what goes around comes around Penny.. p*ssed me off but really not worth rising to the bait! I'm never gonna have models legs but i can work on them so that's what i do!

T. Goats cheese to start
Salmon fillet on green salad with a lime creamy sauce
Pannacotta

No idea on carbs lol but defo picked the better choices!! Was dribbling over mum n mates pastas!

See I don't miss pasta or bread. Well, I lie, but I can go without with relative ease. I'm still managing to eat Atkins style which is good. Though, if I counted it Atkins style I'd not be in induction.

Sleep well xx

I've not been too bad without it but after almost 5 months without bread n pasta i'm now wanting them more n more so was hard :( Sounds like you're doing well hun, maybe it's kinda like doing the OWL bit of the atkins?

Sleep well too x

Pannacotta, all that sugar. :eek: :bolt:

Toooooo late now Jim! Lol. Ah well, not going to dwell on it. Was bad enough having to drool over their pasta n garlic bread :( Doesn't normally bother me but after almost 5 months without any i really fancied some pasta last night. So it could have been much, much worse! If i'm knocked out of ketosis then hopefully it won't take too long to get back into it. Back on it today with vegence!

Onwards n downwards...

Was going to go to the gym again today but my shins are still sore. Just whacked some voltarol diclefenic gel on them but now the tube's empty so need to get some more.

It's fairly sunny here today but also quite cloudy. Tempted to go borrow my parents garden n see if i can catch any rays..

I think i just remembered how long ago (or so it seems) that i started this - 22 Feb 09. And that i've been good for all that time. Ok, so i've given in to things like alcohol, the odd nibble of bits whilst on CD n the odd thing i shouldn't on atkins. But i haven't given in to things i really really want like chinese, what i call 'proper' italian pasta, garlic bread n the like.

What's done is done, i don't feel massively starving hungry yet this morning so if the pannacotta etc have knocked me out of ketosis then it can only be slightly and it won't take too much to get back into it. I've got some 100% fresh beef burgers in the fridge i think i'll do for dinner with a sprinkle of cheese on top with salad n mayo..

Think the sun catching is now out the window as it's just way too cloudy now with a cool breeze.. Have to think of something else to do to make sure i use my last day off wisely :)

Last weekend though we had lots of nibbles out on the table for lunch and it was so tempting to pick at the crisps and sausage rolls and such like.

That was always my problem laura, whenever we had meetings at work and they used to put out all those tasty little finger food buffets. I eat them now but for 4 years I used to go out when they did lunch. I could not have stayed in the boardroom and NOT eaten them.

Your shins still sore from the workout then Claire?

Yeah a little Jim. I suffered from shin splints quite badly in training (damn army PT!).. Ever since then i have to be a little careful i don't over do it.

I dread to think how many miles I've marched in my life Claire, especially during the Falklands war. I've probably well exceeded my mileage limit on all my joints. :D

last of the big spenders then Claire. ;)

Well i thought why spend a tenner or whatever on another diet cookbook to sit on the shelf? A CD will more than suffice and costs less! :) lol oh n yeah, am brassic till payday :(

As long as you've money to buy the recipe ingredients.. ;)

Back