Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Morning Claire, how did it go love?

Went ok thanks Jim :) I think it's all sorted and i should be all signed off by the doc, find out for sure in a weeks time apparently. He was really pleased with my progress weightwise and admired my dedication and attitude to it.

Time to hang head in shame a little, gonna be over carbs again today.

2.6 carried forward

S. Two boiled eggs (ready done from morrisons!) 0
D. Salad box from morrisons - lettuce, cucumber, little tomato, few slices mature cheddar n egg. Not sure on points though as no label. Was the best option available before driving back to work after medical. Guessing at about 4
S. Strawberries 10 (oopsy)
T. Roast chicken 0
Asparagus 3
3 flat mushrooms 0.7
2 tsp gravy granules 4.4

Total = 24.7g

Oh dear :(

You know the best thing about this WOE is that you can make it up in the next few days. All is not lost, you'll just have to break out your carnivourous side for a bit!

I'm just wondering how on earth to plan my meals for work tomorrow actually! I'm going to be on duty for at least 17hrs!! That's partly why i'm doing a roast chicken tonight, so's i have some meat left over for tomorrow. I'm thinking a chicken salad pack up, then i could always pre-cook an omlette have it cold.. hmm.. I'm also half hoping the shift get kebabs in so's i can have a chicken breast kebab with the salad n mayo (no pitta a course!).. Tough one really as i want to be half prepared in case there's no time for takeouts!

You could take too much chicken and some peperami's as an emergency back up? And maybe a little pot of buttered spinach if you can stand it cold or if you have a microwave. Cold sausages? Those egg and sausage muffins in the low carb menu sticky?

Mmm, think i'll have to pop over to the shop before work in the morning and get a few bits n bobs just so's i'm not caught short. Those mini pepparamis sound a good idea to me.

Hope you've got a big lunchbox! ;o)

ahh, far too organised for me! Is it a fun rucksack? I know someone in the force who takes her eeyore lunchbag to work with her!

No, sadly not :( I have to walk through town to get to work so unfortunately far too many people would see it! I do know of quite a few officers who have wacky dinner boxes though - two have the police box from doc who! Some of the girls have girly pink barbie type things which really isn't me! I'm not a girly girl at all!

I really want the tardis lunchbox! or just David Tennant's lunchbox...

I refuse to think like that. He just doesn't know what he's missing, that's all! And anyway, bigger birds bounce better!

My OH's friend has a tendency to make snide comments when OH isn't around. (his GF was a twig with no personality) I used that as a comeback and he hasn't bothered me since!

Yesterday -

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
Atkins choc chip bar 2.1
D. Three egg omlette
Three eggs 0
Grated cheddar 0.5
Two slices bacon 0
T. Roast chicken salad
Chicken 0
Lettuce n cucumber 2 (didn't get time to have much due to the 18hrs in work and the shift was mega busy so didn't get chance to go back in to eat!)
Mayo 0.5

Total 5.1g :( Guess it's one of the joys of the job..

Today -

D. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
2 fried eggs 0
Teeny bit of chopped bacon 0
3 slices haloumi 0.7

1.2 so far..

Really need to go shopping again lol.. Why can't it be sodding payday already!

Hi Claire, I bought some haloumi cheese yesterday but I haven't tried it yet.
You have put coffee with cream in my head so I'm off to have some.

Ooo i hope you love it Wrinkly! I did mine today in the bit of oil left in the pan after doing the bacon bits. About 2-3mins each side till golden as the golden crispy bits are lovely.

N coffee n cream yum :) May have to go have another one, feeling quite lethargic today but quite entitled to me thinks.. 18hrs in work was just daft lol.. but hey, i've done my bit x

Eighteen hours?!! H**l of a big bit, if you ask me!!!

0800-1600hrs doing my normal job Wrinkly n then headed out with the shift on duty from 1700-0300hrs! I think a little craziness helps! ;)

Back