Claire's diary of food and thoughts

0.1 brought forward..

D. Chicken breast sliced lengthways and stuffed with grated cheddar then wrapped with two slices of smoked back bacon n oven baked - yum!
Chicken breast 0
2 slices back bacon 0
Sprinkle cheddar to stuff 0.1
200g celeriac mashed 4.6 with
Dash double cream 0.5
Butter 0
Shredded cabbage 2
Bean sprouts 3
Stir fried together with butter 0

T. Salad packed up to take to work with me
65g mixed lettuce leaves 0.4
Pot of chicken n bacon sandwich filler 4.6
Chopped cucumber 1
2 spring onions 1
BBQ flavour peperami 0.5
30g camembert 0.1

Total 17.9g

You will only lose if you sell during the slump, unless you sell to buy a bigger property which is what we did, we sold our house during the slump and took only a small loss but we bought a much bigger house that would normally be out of our price range as it had come down in price by an amazing amount. So as you bought your home to live in it for some years you prob wont lose as prices will recover eventually. owning your own home is fantastic, esp if you are doing it on your own as you are and at your age.....Well done to you.

Thanks lainey! :) It is hard sometimes with almost half the wages coming in now but i'm determined to make it work. At the moment i have my bro living with me so i get some rent in off him which defo helps with the bills. Hopefully when i get into the regulars the pay increase will enable me to cope ok when he moves out which will be great. Will mean i can make his room into a lovely second bedroom which will be great to have more friends over. Would love to have a house now but i realise we can't have it all at once can we and i'm proud of having bought my flat.

I agree, it's great owning your own place. it works out cheaper than renting in the long run. And you get to decorate it how you like.

Well done lainey - that's great news! And on the house too! Bet you're feeling pleased with that then!? I don't really want to buy too many things until i'm happy with my weight but it was getting to the point where i just looked a right sack a spuds in some things!

I had my work suits taken in so many times that in the end the tailor said she couldn't take them in any more as my jackets looked like wraps and my trouser pockets would be on my arse. LOL. So I went out and bought a couple of cheap suits (Off the peg, YAY) and waited until I was on maint before buying expensive ones again.

Well you deserve a pat on the back as i don't know any 20 something that owns their own property and did it alone on one wage, so you certainly should be proud of yourself. You have a lot of years ahead of you to progress to a house, husband and kids...and i'm sure you will do well.

Lol Jim.....Today its prob just as cheap to buy new clothes than to pay the tailor.

Probably lainey, But when you've paid £400 for a suit you don't want to throw it away because you've lost weight do you. LOL, :D

Bargains all the way for me at the moment! My work trousers were huge (started off tight though!) so i bought a smaller pair, they then got big so went smaller still n now these are hanging off my arse! When i go out specialling the weight of the belt pulls them down even more so i end up looking like mc hammer! Really need to invest in some new ones, may well get some tomorrow. They always feel like cardboard till after a few washes though. Better than losing em whilst after a runner though me thinks!

Well, just done the mountain of washing up, phew! God i hate it so much. So tempted to buy a dish washer but i guess not only is there the expense of buying it initially but also of running it :( Might be a xmas prezzie maybe..

Just need to do a bit more tidying up before ironing a shirt for work, jumping in the shower n getting ready to go..

17.9 brought forward

S. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5

Total 18.4g

Can't seem to feel awake at the moment. These last three days off have mainly been spent chilling out. I haven't been to the gym since last tuesday!!! Not sure why i feel so lethargic really, not like me :( Normally can't sleep as have loads of energy but really not like that at the moment. Hopefully having to go to work will give me the kick up the arse i need.. hmm..

LMAO, happy with your work then Claire. :)

I was wondering which dwarf she was. ;)

Morning missy. :bliss: :bliss: :D

Aww morning Jim - you still dancing about all excited then?! Bless, i bet you've got a super big grin!

Really need to try to sort out my sleeping schedule. I can't seem to drop off at night as wide awake but then struggle to wake up in the morning due to feeling tired from not going to sleep till 2.. I guess as i move over to earlies i'll not have much choice in getting up early but i can't see me being able to go to sleep any earlier to compensate..

Yes I am and yes I have love. :D

Shifts always muck about with your sleep patterns Claire.

Back