Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Hmm.. i'll have a look on my days off and see if the nytol herbal have different ingredients then laura. I used to have a drink of whittards sleep tea before and it used to knock me out! So much so i didn't have it on a 'school night' (work) as i'd wake up sooo groggy the next day but it certainly did the trick for days off. Way too much sugar in it for atkins though!

4.1 brought forward..

T. Two chicken thighs 0
Sprinkled with cheddar cheese 0.5
And two rashers smoked back bacon, then baked 0
One lamb steak baked 0
100g Somerfield extra special coleslaw 5.9
Iceberg lettuce n chopped cucumber 2

S. One klix coffee 0.5

13.0g

Good morning Claire, Hope you slept better last night. I find herbal sleeping tablets don't help me at all. Must admit I hardly ever need them but if I do have a bad night it's hard to function the next day.

Hi Claire

Could there be a stress-related cause of your sleeplessness? I sleep like a log but my partner often has difficulty sleeping, and it is often if he has a worry or concern that keeps him awake. Setting aside time during the day to worry (sounds silly I know) can be really helpful to get it out of your system.

Also I've started pilates recently, the classes can be a bit dull but we do sleep pretty well after!

:)

Hello all,

Thanks for your advice Hooya. :)

Have got a migraine today :( Came on at 1530hrs half hr before finishing work, think it's to do with the stormy weather. We've had thunder n lightening round here for couple days now - the lecky kept going off at work yesterday.

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
Atkins choc chip bar 2.1
D. Mattesons pork sausage 0
Lettuce, cucumber n one spring onion 3
T. Mixed kebab with salad, not sure on carbs but could not face cooking..
S. Tea with cream n sweetner 0.5

6.1 plus whatever kebab was..

hey there I hope you get some sleep and the headache goes a way.. big hugs

S. Chopped strawberries sprinkled with granulated splenda n single cream..

Am in no fit mood to be counting at the moment but am vaguely sticking to allowed foods IYKWIM..

:(

Hi Claire, Is your mood - sick 'poorly', or sick - 'fed up'? Which ever, take care of yourself hun.

Sick poorly Wrinkly.. still felt awful this morning with the migraine hanging over :( Feeling a little better this evening though and thankfully work wasn't too crazy today. Had a sneaky wi this morning before monday's usual one and i'm up 3lbs! I feel so fat, huge n heavy at the moment and i sincerely hope it is water weight! Although i acknowledge i could have been better with a few choices this last couple of weeks i've hardly gone way off the radar.

S. Klix coffee 0.5
Cheddar cheese 0.2
Pepperami 0.5
D. Left over kebab meat, iceberg lettuce n mayo 5
T. Roast chicken 0
Gravy 3
6 asparagus spears 2.4
Cabbage 4
Brocolli 1.6
Cuppa tea with milk 1

18.7g total

It seems like fluid to me Claire, especially with the Migraine, I hope you're feeling in the morning.

Sick poorly Wrinkly.. still felt awful this morning with the migraine hanging over :( Feeling a little better this evening though and thankfully work wasn't too crazy today. Had a sneaky wi this morning before monday's usual one and i'm up 3lbs! I feel so fat, huge n heavy at the moment and i sincerely hope it is water weight! Although i acknowledge i could have been better with a few choices this last couple of weeks i've hardly gone way off the radar.

S. Klix coffee 0.5
Cheddar cheese 0.2
Pepperami 0.5
D. Left over kebab meat, iceberg lettuce n mayo 5
T. Roast chicken 0
Gravy 3
6 asparagus spears 2.4
Cabbage 4
Brocolli 1.6
Cuppa tea with milk 1

18.7g total
Oh claire,

hope you are feeling better to hon, I think its been a horrible week, I thought i would blow up with water because i have eaten more wholemeal carbs since friday cause i have felt poorly, I have been bad since tuesday, It cant be atkins flu cause i am about 4 weeks in. Can it?

Nah i don't think so Jot hun.. i'm about six weeks in i reckon (may be more).. so i don't think it can be atkins flu for either of us. I do feel run down and like i'm maybe fighting something off but i've felt like that for a couple of weeks now, hence not having the get up n go for the gym. I feel moody tonight too, though i don't think the weather's helping matters, all stormy and dark. My stomach, bum n thighs honestly feel as big as they did when i was 4 stone more. I'm not exagerating there! I'm half tempted to use up my cd supplies for a few days n see if the water weight sheds that way. I don't want them to go to waste really as cost about £2 each. But also i don't relish the thought of milkshakes again...

claire I hope you get to feelign better. Ist time for TOM? I think you have water weight hun try and drink more water and rest. My TOM is here and I'm up 5 pounds but I know its water there is no way Ive gained that much weight in a few days still eating the same.. hope you get better

No not first time hun. Was on the depo jab for three yrs which stopped them n then came off that to go on cerazette tablets which are same hormone n the physical aspect hasn't returned (which is great in my opinion!). I just feel a bit fed up at the moment, not knowing the real cause for it.

Am desperately searching for holidays at the moment. However, my best mate can now no longer go away so i'm searching for lil ol me. I don't relish the thought of spending my whole leave sat at home doing nothing... Anyone at a loose end who fancies some time in the sun let me know!! I want to go between 19 Aug - 9 Sept.

Nah i don't think so Jot hun.. i'm about six weeks in i reckon (may be more).. so i don't think it can be atkins flu for either of us. I do feel run down and like i'm maybe fighting something off but i've felt like that for a couple of weeks now, hence not having the get up n go for the gym. I feel moody tonight too, though i don't think the weather's helping matters, all stormy and dark. My stomach, bum n thighs honestly feel as big as they did when i was 4 stone more. I'm not exagerating there! I'm half tempted to use up my cd supplies for a few days n see if the water weight sheds that way. I don't want them to go to waste really as cost about £2 each. But also i don't relish the thought of milkshakes again...

Oh hun I am sending you a big hug:grouphugg:It can be so hard some days to keep going and your right when the weather is crap it does make you feel low. I get so mad with myself somtimes, there was one of the moms at my sons school who has lost 5 stone, I asked her how she did it and she said 3 meals per day the only snacks she had was fruit.
I just think why cant I just be disciplined enough to do the same!!

+2lbs is the damage this week :( am gutted. First time i've put on since i started losing back in feb. grr.. didn't like updating my tickers to go the other way!

B. Klix coffee 0.5
D. 2 chicken thighs 0
Iceberg lettuce 0.5
Garlic n herb cheese spread 0.5
Somerfield extra special coleslaw (needed using up) 6.5
S. Pepperami 0.5

8.5 till teatime..

Claire hun, you'll get rid of it! I hope you're feeling a bit better today, roll on your day off eh?

Claire, the only person wagging a finger is you! Don't be so hard on yourself! We all still think you're fab!

Back