Beef oxo cube n gravy granules 3
Butter, herbs, onion powder, garlic puree 1
Grated cheddar 0.3

20.0 for whole thing...

8.2 carried forward..
T. Half of the shepards pie 10

Total so far - 18.2g

Morning Claire, how are you today?

Morning Jim, i'm ok thanks :) How's you? Weather any better? It's still raining on n off over here. Got another course up at HQ this afternoon. Still trying to decide on what to cook mum, dad n bro on sat night for mums bday today... any ideas??

D. Left over fake shephards pie 10

Oh, forgot to reply to Jot.. Yes i did cd before atkins. Lost 3 stone in 3 months on the SS+ version, 4 packs n 200ml skimmed milk mostly but also did the 3 packs n 200cal white n green meal version too. Then lost the last stone n bit with atkins.

Hi Claire, it's lovely here today, bright sun and a blue sky. I'd suggest a roast dinner Claire, then you can have a selection of veggies instead of the potato love.

Hmm, i'd thought of that one too Jim.. Think that's what i'll do if i don't think of anything else meanwhile. I have a slow cooker n i'm also at work all day sat too so thought that'd be a good option but not sure what to do in it... Gonna do a pudding for them too which will obviously be way off limits for me :( ah well..

How about a pot roast Claire? have you ever done one of them, I quite like it, gives the veggies a special taste I find.

No, never done one before Jim... Sounds good, something i can pre-prepare tomorrow night and switch on in the morning.. How'd i do that then?

I'll see if I can find one for you love. Trouble is I've just remebered the majority of them need root veggies.

I've done this recipe a couple of times before which turns out quite nice -

Makhni Chicken Curry Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Recipe

Makhni (Buttery) skinless bone-less chicken breast is made with butter, cream and yogurt Compare this with Traditional Makhni Chicken . We will not marinate the chicken in this recipe.

Ingredients

1. Ghee or Cooking oil: ¼ Cup
2. Skinless boneless chicken breast: 2 pounds
The chicken should be cut into 16 to 24 equal size pieces.
3. Finely chopped Onion almost pureed: ½ Cup
4. Salt: ½ teaspoon
5. Ground Cayenne (Lal Mirch): ¼ teaspoon
3. Minced Garlic: 1 Tablespoon
4. Ginger Chopped: 1 Inch
5. Curry Powder: 2 teaspoons
6. Dahi Yogurt: 2 Tablespoons
7. Chopped tomatoes: 1 Cup
8. Butter (unsalted): 2 Tablespoons
9. Water: ¼ Cup
9. Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon
10. Bay leaves: 2
11. Paprika (Degi Mirch): ½ teaspoon
12. Heavy whipping cream: 1 Cup

Method

1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Fry chicken pieces till opaque white to light brown. Remove with slotted spoon and put in the crock pot.
3. Add Onions, salt and cayenne to hot oil in the pan. Sauté till onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
4. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté another 2 minutes.
5. Add curry powder, sauté 30 second.
6. Add Dahi Yogurt, sauté till almost all the moisture from the yogurt is consumed.
7. Add Tomatoes and butter. Heat till almost bubbly. Transfer to crock pot.
8. Rinse out the pan with water and add water to the crock pot. At this point we are done with the pan.
9. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cover the crock pot set at high. Cook for 40 minutes.
10. Turn down cooker to low, cook for additional 5 to six hours. You may cook at high and save about two hours.

Any idea on the carb count for the whole recipe??? Then i could just divide it by the four of us, do cauli rice for me and get those packs of micro rice for the others... nice n simple.. Then an easy pudding for them..

Hmm, I've just been posting some photo's from Monday night.

Claire, You should post all that on the recipe thread love, looks great darling!

That curry sounds scrumptious Claire! Wished I was more of a cook!

I have a frecipe for blue cheese leeks for a side dish? Neris and India have a basic recipe for roast chicken which is lush.

also, moussaka? paella with cauli rice? fillet steak in red wine & stilton sauce? meatball stroganoff with veg, squash mash or cauli rice? sausage casserole? ham, leek & blue cheese pie? beef stew?

All the above are from the IPD cookbook.

Blue cheese turns my stomach, i cannot even bare the smell of it or touching it! :( Bleurgh... The ham, leek pie thing sounds nice though Jar if i swapped the blue cheese for something more paletable! I blame it on the penicillin allergy i have personally... lol..

10 brought forward however, i only ate half!

D. 5
S. Klix coffee 1
T. Mixed kebab with garlic mayo... not sure on carb count but was yummy and i'm sure i'll still be under the 20g..

Yeah, i usually kind of go by this recipe/cooking method but make it up to my own ingredients as i go along... I think i usually use a normal natural yoghurt, (will go full fat so lower carb this time as normally get low fat..), veg oil rather than ghee, 1/2 can chopped tomatoes, ready done pureed garlic n ginger i have in the fridge, leave the cayeen n salt out but have salt on table to add to taste, leave the bay leaves out altogether. I'll post up my version of events n what i reckon the carb count to be at some point, need to go shopping to supermarket tomorrow. I'll paste it to the recipe thread at that point.

Morning Claire :wavey:

Right, have just made the curry up. Here's my slightly altered recipe :)

Claire's slightly altered and Carb counted -

Makhni Chicken Curry Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Recipe

Makhni (Buttery) skinless bone-less chicken breast is made with butter, cream and yogurt Compare this with Traditional Makhni Chicken . We will not marinate the chicken in this recipe.

Ingredients

1. Cooking oil: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
2. Skinless boneless chicken breasts: 4 (0.0 carbs)
The chicken should be cut into bite size pieces.
3. Finely chopped Onion almost pureed: 100g (7.0 carbs)
4. Salt: ½ teaspoon (0.0 carbs)
5. Ground Cayenne: ¼ teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
3. Minced Garlic: 1 Tablespoon (3.2 carbs)
4. Ginger Chopped: 1 Teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
5. Curry Powder: 2 Teaspoons (2.0 carbs)
6. Full fat natural Yogurt: 75g (4.9 carbs)
7. Tinned Chopped tomatoes: 200g (5.8 carbs)
8. Butter (unsalted): 2 Tablespoons (0.0 carbs)
9. Water: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
9. Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon (2.0 carbs)
10. Double cream: 300ml (4.8 carbs)

Total carbs for whole recipe = 30.5g carbs

Therefore to serve to four people = 7.6g per person

Method

1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Fry chicken pieces till opaque white to light brown. Remove with slotted spoon and put in the crock pot.
3. Add Onions, salt and cayenne to hot oil in the pan. Sauté till onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
4. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté another 2 minutes.
5. Add curry powder, sauté 30 second.
6. Add Yogurt, sauté till almost all the moisture from the yogurt is consumed.
7. Add Tomatoes and butter. Heat till almost bubbly. Transfer to crock pot.
8. Rinse out the pan with water and add water to the crock pot. At this point we are done with the pan.
9. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cover the crock pot set at high. Cook for 40 minutes.
10. Turn down cooker to low, cook for additional 5 to six hours. You may cook at high and save about two hours.

Here's what i used specifically -

5000119018663_200.jpg
5019989103102_200.jpg
0266070000000_200.jpg

0259160000000_200.jpg
0000050191734_200.jpg
5012836192212_200.jpg

0000050739844_200.jpg
5010204914312_200.jpg
5014067133804_200.jpg

5000436408451_200.jpg
5051277885024_200.jpg