Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Hey morenachia, good to hear from you again and fantastic news on your loss whilst on your hols!! Well done. Ostrich tastes like beef to me, well the burgers do, but they don't have that fatty taste or texture that beef burgers do. They stay lovely n soft n moist and they're full of flavour. I think they're lovely. They sell two burgers from the farm shop i posted a link about above for £2.10.

hey claire and thanks for the encouragement and support on my weight lost journey. I love this forum..

I may have to buy some ostrich meat. Ive seen them here in Italy but wasnt too convinced to buy them but I may give them a try now to change up my menu a bit..

Hey morenachica, nice to see you back love, and with good news as well. Great news.

They taste very meaty, but no hint of fat at all, do you agree Claire?

Try them, promise you'll love them :) If you like beef, you're sure to like ostrich i reckon as the taste's v.similar in my opinion. Just less fatty tasting and like you say, makes a nice change :)

I'm going to give them a try guys.. you both seem to like them so I'm going to try them out and change up my menu :)

Enjoy! :)

S. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
B. Took myself off to a local cafe for cooked breakfast before heading out for a drive to the beach (it rained when i got there though :( )
Two lincs chipolatas 2
Two rashers bacon 0
Two fried eggs 0
Two tomatoes 8
Fried mushrooms 0.5
Coffee with milk 1
S. Coffee with milk 1 (called in at grandparents on way home)

13 so far..

Ostrich spag bol. :)

To finish off yesterday -

13 carried forward..

T. Went out to frankie n bennies
Steak 0
4 garlic prawns 1
Side salad n mayo 3
2 chicken wings 1
Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
Glass of rose 3

Had a sneaky wi this morning and have managed to lose the samosa :) Down to 179.8 again so standing at 2lb off since mon, fingers crossed it stays off till mon wi...

Considering doing a night shift on duty tonight 2200-0700hrs. Not too sure yet.

Morning Claire, be good over the weekend and it should be OK. :)

Hmm, is this the party animal talking. :D

No, for once it's not the party animal head talking, it's the work head talking!! Not too sure how working nights tonight will pan out but i'll certainly try to be on my best behaviour. :)

It must be difficult on nights Claire

This is the first proper night shift i've done. I've done 1700-0300hrs before but this is till 0700hrs.. Am gonna have sausages, cabbage n gravy for tea then take a pepperami n couple little bags scratchings to work with me in the hope they'll see me through..

Got any fridge raiders?

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
3 rashers bacon 0
2 fried eggs 0

Tea will be Asda extra special pork chipolatas -2g per 100g i think... with boiled cabbage n a little gravy. May take some cold left over sausages into work too if i need a snack.

Haha, yes so far Laura, though outta three days off i've worked two of them... no rest for the wicked.

Just cooking sausages, cabbage, green beans n gravy for tea, have made extra so will take that in with me if i get desperate later on (and have time!!).

Back