Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Morning Jim, how are ya love? I've had a really loooooong lay in this morning. I think i'm finally starting to relax into my leave and catch up on some sleep! Went to lincoln yesterday with mum. Got a new bunny bed for Poppy n a few other bits for her. So far she's hopped onto n back off again n slept next to it..

B. Two egg omlette
Two eggs 0
Cheddar 1
Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5

1.5 so far..

Need to get some food in before tea n also intend on having a clear out afternoon (if i don't get too tempted by the sun!)

Poppy will wait until it gets her smell Claire, my mums cats hated it when she washed their beds. LOL.

6.2 brought forward.

T. Chicken korma curry
Whole recipe -
Two chicken breasts 0
100g mushies 0.4
Pack of korma sauce 10
Found in Tesco's Free From range...
Indian Korma Cook-In Sauce [RT.0196] - £1.69 : Look What We Found!, Convenience without Compromise
korma.png

Was absolutely delish!!
Done with vegs fried up in oil, herbs n a little onion powder
200g courgette 3.6
100g aubergine 3.1
4 cherry toms 2
Total = 19.1... Had half of each (curry n veg mix) = 9.55

Total - 15.75 so far..

Claire well done on the 3 lbs loss, way to go.. by the way tried the ostrich and it was good. I grilled the patties on a grill pan that I have that you place on top of the stove. Thanks you and jim both will add that to my menu. Today I've had the sausage muffins and the ostrich burgers a lot of protein thats for sure but it was good :eatdrink023::D

Ooo, i'm pleased you liked them hun, did wonder whether you got them or not! Make a yummy change don't they :)

15.75 brought forward..

S. Pork scratchings, big bag 0.1
Two pieces of diabetic nut toffee 1ish...

16.85.. plus have had a little squash today too so not far off target

Yes it was a good change.. Thanks for the tip.. :D

Morning Claire, how are you my lovely.

well done on the loss honey!! you're doing fabulously :)

i like ostrich burgers but found ostrich steak a bit peculiar. i wasn't really sure what flavours to cook with it...

too pricey for me at the mo in any case :)

abz xx

I liked the burger, and was thinking of trying the steaks. When you say flavour abz, what do you mean? I'd just fry them in butter and garlic.

i think i just grilled it jim, but it was a while ago, i can't remember. i don't even remember what side dishes we had... but they didn't go, ha. maybe we just got a bad one :)

If I remember I'll give it a go this weekend abz.

Hey Jim, i'm good ty hun :) Have been to meadowhall today... desperately need some new clothes that fit! Only managed to get two pairs of jeans n a long sleeved white tshirt top. All the summer things were going out and not much else had replaced it yet unfortuntely so not much to choose from. Saw a few nice designer things but begrudge paying loads for clothes in the first place let alone for ones that might not fit me for all that long..

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
S. Southern fried chicken flavour fridge raiders 2.1
2 x dairylea cheese triangles 0.2
D. Chicken caeser salad
Chicken breast 0
About 7 little gem lettuce leaves 0.2
Parmasan shavings 0.1
Sauce 2
T. Leftover curry n veg mix 9.5
Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5

15.1 so far... Hungry tonight though so may have something later on if the curry goes down quickly..

Hey thats a good thing, needing new clothes that fit. I went out the other day to find t.shirts but like you all I could find was winter clothes. Hang on did anyone see the summer at all?

I'm was really pleased to be able to get comfortably rather than crammed into size 16 'boyfriend style' jeans though so just gonna be chuffed with that me thinks.. Also got a top in a 16 but could have got a 14 but wanted room to put a vest top underneath when it gets chilly.. What's the shopping like over your way hun? I'm on leave atm so could come over :)

Hey thats great claire that your clothes sizes are going down. Ive decided not to shop anymore until Ive reached my goal weight because I really dont have the funds to shop clothes so I just better wait until I'm at my goal weight and put pins in my clothes LOL

By the way I grilled my ostrich burgers and they were nice. maybe you got a bad pack abz.. nice change for me

Don't say that about the shopping! I need to go tomorrow - i have a lovely pair of white linen trousers which are now too big and so i need to replace them. Need some smart/casual trews as all i have is work gear and jeans! could also do with a couple of vest tops and i also need a long sleeve white top. My washing machine chewed the last one!

I'd dragged it out as far as i could with the baggy trousers look... I'd got as though i'd pull the belt in to hold them up n then there'd be so much baggy material it'd then hang down below the belt showing my nick nocks off... Not a good look. Could still do with some more clothes really, will see about another day out shopping before i go back to work.

Saw plenty of vest tops in Next n Dotty P's Jar, they're still about so worry not :) Also saw linen trousers in Next. All i've got that fits is the two new pairs of jeans i bought today! LOL.. i look a right ragga muffin at the moment. Could do with smartening myself up and having more things to wear but i begrudge spending a lot of money on clothes.

I agree with you there - I'm a comfortable 18 now but still plan to lose so don't want to go mad getting stuff. My white trousers are so lose that if i stand up they stay on the seat - really not a good look. they used to hang so nicely, but I know what you mean Claire, you can't put a belt in that sort of material cos it gathers and looks horrible.

Thanks for the tip, i'll check those shops. thought I'd also pop into new look and H & M.

Back