Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Claire you scale addict. Put the scale away for 1 week and enjoy the new clothes and the sizes that you are in :D. You should be proud of yourself. forget what the scale says look at yourself in the mirror with those new clothes on.

Anytime Claire and I was only telling the truth :)

You go and fight crime girl.. Be careful(trying to not sound too much like a mom)

Big hugs

B. Coffee with milk n sweetner 1
D. Stew 5
S. Coffee with milk 1
T. Salad, mayo n fridge raiders... 5
Sugar free jelly 0.5
Pepperami 0.5
Piece of diabetic choc 0.9

S. Will take a large bag of scratchings 0.1
Pepperami 0.5
N a couple diabetic sweets QUOTE]

Wait a minute - I can have scratchings?! MMMMM :D and sweeties? :D:D

Actually thinking about it, I can see scratchings are ok - darn the butcher's is shut til tuesday!

Someone mentioned diabetic chocs - are they ok too?

What about during induction? I can stay 'good' if I have to, just checking up on things!

yes Laura C and I must admit I'm listening to my own advice. I havent been on the scall since Aug 21st when I came back on holiday and I dont plan on getting on the scale until next weekend. My clothes and fitting nice and I got into my size 9 skinny jeans and thats enough proof for me that I'm doing well.. sometimes we put too much pressure on ourselves with the scale and numbers. I'm guilt of it.

Hmm, up 0.6lbs.. not looking forward to wi tmoz :( Also, plan on having a break tmoz after wi with a fairly carby dinner n then out for drinks in the afternoon/early evening. Not sure whether to go for the things i've craved for 6 months, ie chinese etc or to play it fairly safe n have like a jacket potato n beans or something similar.

Oh Bess, forgot to answer about the diabetic chocs. I'd steer well clear of them whilst you're in induction, especially as you've not long been in K. I've been getting the ones from Thorntons but other places do them first. You have to be quite clear on how you read the labels to figure out how many carbs are left in them once you take out the polyols. But they do stall some people and they are the only thing i've changed this week and i'm looking like a sts or slight gain this week! I've not gone over my allowance though so it could well be water weight i guess.

B. Coffee with milk n sweetner 1
1 Pork n leek sossie 2 (didn't realise they were so carby!)
2 rashers bacon 0
2 fried eggs 0
2 mushies 0.2

3.2 so far.. Going out for tea at parents. Roast beef, vegs n gravy..

Bess I would stay clear of the bars in general during induction. They do stall a lot of people and I would watch the cheeses and citrus things also. They tend to be the the things that make people stall... Make sure to drink a lot of water too :D

Claire I think it's water gain for you. Is TOTM near? Have you been eating salty things lately? The chocolate could be making you stall especially if this is the first time you have ate them, huh. :)

As far as the dinner or chinese food and giving in to your cravings. Thats your call and I think you have enough control over yourself to know that you cant eat like that everyday.. Im in OWL has I have 17 pounds to lose and eating around 40/45 carbs a day and I'm going to give myself 2 days a month where I can eat what I want. I know when you deprive yourself for so long you have a binge and that's not what you want to do.. We are learning portion controls and eating habits and I think you would be ok if you gave in and had chinese food because you know that you cant eat like that everyday. Now also at the same time you cant expect to lose any weight during that week but its possible that you wouldnt gain anything either. ;)

Morenachia, yes this is the first week i've had the diabetic choc etc though i've had the bars before - used to have one a day when i first started and they didn't stall me. I think it is water. I don't have TOTM as such but i did have that water gain week a few weeks ago, i think it must be 4-5 weeks ago now so it could well be that again. I'm trying not to worry about it too much.

Not eaten a massive amount this weekend so i know it can't be that. Will wi in the morning and try to forget about the result, hope it's water weight n then hope for a better week the week after. I'm in no massive rush to lose it so it doesn't really matter. I have a stone to lose till i'm 'healthy'... I guess i should really be moving into OWL as atm i'm still sticking to the 20g limit of Induction.. Part of me thinks if i eat carbs n balanced diet wise for a day or two then go back into it the shock tactics may work but i also don't then want to be craving things again. Still undecided about food tmoz. My thought atm are swaying towards a jacket tata with baked beans n cheese with salad for dinner before drinkie poos in the afternoon.

Hey Claire I think its water and prob the chocolate, so dont worry about it like you said..

I asked Jim about an OWL Forum as I'm in that category now. I'm eating around 40 carbs or 45 carbs a day and sometimes less. It would be nice to have a forum to see how those who are OWL things they are eating and whats working for them to lose those last 20 pounds or so. I'm in no hurry to lose those last 20 pounds. I know also the closer you get to your goal weight the more diffcult it is to lose..

Ive know people to do what you call the shock tactic and it worked for them.

Morning Morenachia :)

+0.2lb for me this week. So roughly a sts really.

Having a few more carbs today as reckon i'll need em for the drinkies later.

B. Two slices Burgen soya n linseed bread toasted with butter n raspberry jam
Coffee with milk n sweetner 1
D. Intend on having leek n pork sossies, small can of ww baked beans, couple fried eggs or something along those lines

Morning Claire, yep it looks like a sts.. At least you know the chocolate was the guilty party.

I'm still wondering if it could be water weight.. Will see what the damage is next week and am trying not to worry about it. Not for today at least lol.. i doubt i'll be too fussed later on after a few glasses of wine, hehe :D Praying for a dry day today, the sun's trying it's hardest to come out so here's hoping

Claire it could be water weight. I'm like a camel or meule. I retain a lot of water so I'm constantly drinking a lot of water and making sure that I'm not eating anything salty..

No dont worry about it. And for sure after a glass of wine or 2 you wont be worrying anyway LOL

I've all but abandoned the scales in favour of the tape measure at this point - fed up having weeks of 1lb gain but fitting into smaller clothes!

Apparently because protein is so good for building lean muscle, Atkins can really change your body composition, and muscle is much more dense than fat, so if you're working out, that could explain the random gains...

Back