Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Morning all, yes lean muscle weighs more than fat, so you'll all get to the point where you are slimmer but weigh more.

Morning Jim, good weekend love? You'll be off on your jollies soon won't u?

I had carbs yesterday and to be honest i think it's done me some good. After nearly 7 months without em it's brought me back to reality that they're really not that amazing. I did enjoy the soya n linseed toast yesterday n i still crave cereal. I'm undecided as to whether to stick to the 20g limit as i've done this for a while now and i have a stone to lose till goal. Though i may consider dropping my goal a little to give me more room to play with.

I was shocked at work sat night, the lass i was crewed up with said she was 87kgs. She's taller than me but i'd say a 12-14ish in dress size. I was smiling inside knowing i now weigh less :D Yes ok so i'm slightly larger but i'm getting there..

Hi calire, yes love, tomorrow darling. I can't wait, a week in the sun and exploring northern Cyprus. :D

Ooo, never been to northern cyprus. Like you, i've done a bit of time in the south though. Catch some rays for me Jim, i'm having sunshine withdrawel symptoms.. :( Though it is a beautiful day over here in the east today.. Am going to get my car cleaned n then head out for a walk somewhere to get some fresh air..

I'm up to my neck in reports or I'd be out there as well Claire. LOL

Hey Hooya good for you going with the measuring tape. Muscle is heavier than fat so its possible to weigh more and be in a smaller clothes size. I havent been on the scale in since I came back from vacation and wont get on the scale until sometime next week. I'm using my smaller clothes size as a way to see my progress. I'm in my size 9 skinny jeans :) I plan to take boxing classes in 2 weeks so I know I will bulk up. I have muscles now so I have to be careful. I ran track in high school and college and even when I put on weight my stomach stayed flat and have maybe not a 6 pack but maybe a 2 pack. now have a 4 pack LOL

Good for you Claire to be back on the wagon. I know that feeling when you eat carbs and then you tell yourself it was good but not as great as you thought it would be. Its a mental game IMO...

T. 2 x pork n leek sossies 4.2
200g celeriac mashed with butter 4.8
50g green beans 1.5
100g courgette 1.8
S. 50g dark diabetic choc 1.6

Where did you get celeriac from at this time of year? I love it.

I'm mildy addicted to it Bess!! I try to get it from out local market as it's cheap there but Tesco's have also been doing it albeit slightly smaller in size n more dosh!! Though worth every penny as i love it..

Hi Claire, this twit forgot to call in & say hello yesterday! Is your avatar there to frighten the carbs away? :D

Morning Wrinkly, it's the pepperami cartoon! :) I loved the pic that's all.. though i wish it would scare the carbs away!

B. Coffee with milk n sweetner (really must remember to buy cream!) 1
D. Stuffee marrow
300g marrow 10.5 (owchy!)
2 x pork sossies 4.6 (also owchy!!)
Grated cheese 1

17.1 ALREADY!!! Though i do keep saying i should probably start upping my carb level now i have a stone to go..

Have been to the osteo today n had my foot n ankle pulled about. Feels mildy better but still not quite right.. :( Then headed to the market in town (comes twice a week) n got some vegs. Marrow, celeriac, 2 huge bags of mushies (i intend on making soup), vine of cherry toms, cucumber, 2 little gem lettuces, 2 small heads of brocolli n an aubergine for £12 :D Now... off to find a mushie soup recipe..

It's funny isn't it, quite hard to let go of the induction carb total in a way... I feel odd about not being in ketosis any more, as if I should be or something!

It is nice to eat fruit again though :D

I'm really not sure whether to up the limit or not Hooya, what do you think? I've been dieting since 22 Feb 09. Did 3 months on SS+ CD then the rest on induction levels of atkins. I have a stone to go till i'm 'healthy' which is what i've aspired to aim for. Never thought i'd get there but that's another story.. I'm considering revising my goal once i get there and maybe losing a little more to allow room for inevitable slip ups now and again but i don't ever think i'll be much below the top limit of the healthy bmi range due to my body shape. I've been sts a few weeks even on induction levels so do you think i should stay with it as surely if i can't lose on induction levels i'll be struggling even more on higher levels??

:character00201: Off :superwoman: to :character00255: get:chores016: some :4616:now:character00182:Claire!
I'm mildy addicted to it Bess!! I try to get it from out local market as it's cheap there but Tesco's have also been doing it albeit slightly smaller in size n more dosh!! Though worth every penny as i love it..

Hmmm that's a difficult one, I can see why you're meant to reintroduce more carbs - I suppose in part it is to prepare for maintenance, to make sure you don't 'fall off a cliff' (into a big pile of carbs ;)) after you reach goal. But if what you're doing is working, albeit not as fast as you'd like, then I can see why it would be hard to change.

I'm having to watch what I eat much more now I've reintroduced some carbs, or I know I'll start gaining again - I must admit I'm struggling to have one slice of rye bread with breakfast, as I want 4! Induction was easier as it didn't let me do that.

Maybe you could try induction for another 2 weeks or so and see how your losses are, then decide?

PS, forgot to say, but looking at your stats, wow! You've done so much already, you should really celebrate that you're at the last stone already! The worst of the work is now over!

:D:D:D

LOL @ Bess - that made me laugh! :D Hehehe... guess what you're having for tea then is it?!?! I managed to get one from the market today, yay..

Just making some mushie soup.. kinda made it up..

300g mushies 1.2
100g shallots 3.3
1 small stick celery 0.5
2 chicken oxo cubes made up to 1 litre 4.5
150ml double cream 2.4
Pinch xantham gum to thicken slightly to save reducing too much 0

Total for recipe = 11.9

Hooya, i think i'll do that, try n stick to induction limits a while longer yet. On monday i had carbs and i didn't really see what the fuss was about as in they weren't as great as you remember though they did fill me up really quickly. I did enjoy my soya n linseed toast though - 11g a slice. I may have the odd slice on gym/duty days. Thanks for the comment too, it seems to have gone quite quickly n without too much pain. Though when i think back to the cd days they were hard sometimes especially when all the officers were getting food in. I had one shift where i was sat with a nasty veg soup for my tea, absolutely starving n between them all they had fish n chips, kebabs, chinese and indian!! I could've cried that day! But i got through it in the end.

Back