Claire's diary of food and thoughts

D. Chicken breast done in oven covered in cheese 1
Approx 150g celeriac mashed with butter 3.6
S. Bag fridge raiders 2.1
Sugar free jelly pot 0.5

15.2 if i have everything at work later on.. will no doubt have a couple coffees too so leaves room for that n have got a 2l bottle squash so that'll be a bit too. :D

Wow ice cream sounds nice. But I'm so lazy at times that I wouldnt want to make it. There is ice made from soy milk Ive seen in the grocery store, just never read the nutritional information on the back. I'll have to google it.

Aww Bess, i'm pleased that that helped you too hun. Does that mean you've decided to stay with us?

Not sure yet Claire, what to do. I'm wating to see how this week pans out. I'm so fed up of dieting, I feel that I can maintain reasonably, and will almost certianly use Atkins as a base for that.
I really want to lose my last stone as quickly as possible and be done with it.
But realistically it's taken me 3.5 months to lose 9lbs because I've been mucking about with Cambridge. I'm thinking about doing SS+ for a couple of weeks and seeing if it will go that way. Can't decide, will see what this week brings.
It doesn't help having people be so complimentary about the way I look now. I know they mean well and in a way I am pleased, but they all say 'Oh, you've lost enough now,' but I know I am still overweight according to the BMI rating. It's something that is impossible to keep private because I look so different, but I wish people wouldn't comment really, it seems to interfere with things for me!
Mucked it up a little bit tonight I'm afraid, the Munchies got to me, not big time, but not good either.:(

Mmm, ice cream sounds nice and dead simple. May save that for when I'm in maint though as my portion control might be a bit on the weak side... ;)

Also in maint you could probably add some l/c choc chips...!!! *drool* (sorry folks)

LM and Bess Ive had friends tell me that Ive lost enough weight and that if I lose anymore I'll look too skinny and etc..but I know I have to feel comfortable how the way that I look. So choose what's best for you and know that you will get there. You are like me with under 20 pounds to go and they say losing those last 10 - 20 pounds are the hardest and longest to lose..

Yep I agree the last stone is the hardest and ppl saying your grand now ect doesn't help so I feel your pain Bess. Claire looks like your still doing well! Good on ya :)

Morning all :) Feeling a bit dozy today, didn't get off shift till just before midnight in the end n started at 12.. long day but busy n learnt loads so was cool. Back to normallity today i'm afraid, back to the day job for 7 days on. Really can't be bothered going back, i could quite happily be a kept woman lol. I agree with you all regarding the good comments being great but not helping the last few pounds go. I've got a stone to go till i'm healthy now but i think i'd like to lose a little more than that really, i'll reassess how i feel when i get there. My mum had been doing the low carb thing for the last couple weeks n lost about half a stone. She then went on hol for 4 days n stuck mainly to low carb but then had a couple of slip ups which led to her gaining 3lb over those 4 days. I think this has made her already low will power even worse. She's now resolved to join SW next week so we'll see how she gets on with that. I guess the weekly meetings may help chivvy her along. I don't feel like i need that as much as she may do, that and n begrudge paying £4 a week just to be weighed etc.

Laura that's the icecream recipe i used but i did alter it slightly, varying the amounts of things i used. Still tasted ok though so that's the main thing.

Hi Claire, are you serious that you have to pay to be weighed in :confused: I didnt know that I thought when you joined the groups you were paying for the counselors and food and etc.. that would be discourgaing to me in the start when I have a scale at home.

Wow you have worked a lot of hours last night. what will you do today besides rest and sleep

Was being a bit cynical tbh Morenachia, lol. I've never been to any WW/SW etc meetings but all i can see is a bit of encouragement, they weigh you etc n you have to pay £4 a week for the priviledge. But that's just me being tight lol. It'll probably work well for mum if she has to go meet people each week n find out the results etc. Personally i'll stick to my own timetable of weekly wi, posting on here etc. I feel i have more reason to be doing it at the moment and so probably have more motivation which helps. Also it won't help her having dad at home to cook for.

I'm back in work in 3.5hrs sadly, back to the normal job. Until then i've got a bit of pottering to do round the flat.

Oh ok Claire LOl I was like WTF??? Weight Loss centers and programs should be encouraging and money shouldnt be such a big factor..

You are going back to work in 3.5 hours.. drink a sugar free redbull.. wow

I'm just too stingy to be paying for the group meeting thing i guess. I think if i wasn't losing doing it this way then i would but that goodness for minimins n you guys cos it's this site n you amazing people that keep me on the straight n narrow :D Yep, workaholic lol. Really not in the mood for it today though :( Well, not for the normal job lol. I need a lot of patience for my normal job which i don't seem to have much of today. I think it's just the fact i'm going back after leave, feels a bit like going back to school after the long summer hols lol. I'm sure i'll be fine once i'm back there n it'll feel like i never left. After i've sorted out whatever mess the boys have left me though.. haha

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
D. Cod fillets oven baked with herbs n olive oil 0.5
150g frozen beans 2.2
150g frozen mixed cabbage 2.2
Dollop salsa 1
T. Chicken salad
Chicken 0
Iceberg lettuce 2
2 plum cherry toms 1
Cucumber 2
Grated cheddar 1
Mayo 1

You are not being stingy Claire, believe me. Been there done that! It is not just the weekly fee, it's the magazine & the low fat high sugar bars designed I am sure just to stall you.That way it takes longer, costing more. Over the years I must have wasted an arm & a leg on either WW or SW, just to put it back on again. It has taken me almost 30 years to see the light & I could kick myself! :banghead: I will stick with Atkins, I know it will be a longish but enjoyable journey. :D

Last edited:
Wrinkly you are very close to your goal weight so you'll get there. Those programs were just too pricey for me, plus I wasn't too keen on that fact that you had to buy "their" food. But for those who have the money and need the support it's a good thing.

Wrinkly i keep seeing your ticker going down n down hun ;) we'll get there don't you worry.

Jim, good to have you back :D

Didn't get to sleep till 2 this morning n was awake by 0630! My sleep's a bit rubbish atm. However i managed to doze back off till 8 n then gave in. Rather than trying to sleep more n stressing myself out when i can't i decided to get up n go to the gym! :D Yay. Didn't do an awful lot but i went and did it which is the main thing. 2km on treadmill n weights. Time now to cook dinner, have a shower n change for work :( boooooo... back in again in 2.5hrs :(

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5

Hmmm, some of the emoticons aren't working, strange that. I'm glad to be back to be honest Claire, my holidays are rather wearing not restful at all. LOL.

D. Oven baked cod 0
300g celeriac mash with butter 7.2
100g marrow 3.5
Dollop sour cream n salsa 2
T. Fridge raiders 2
Lettuce, cucumber, grated cheese, mayo 5

Back