Claire's diary of food and thoughts

Couldn't manage all me dinner so can minus 5ish from the total.. Will stick it in the fridge n possibly have later on but for now the total stands at 15.2. Have got a sugar free jelly pot in the fridge at work so if i end up having it i'll at it on.

I know love, not content with bashing around mountain trails in an old jeep, I did some paragliding and parascending. Great stuff!!

I used to love going off roading in the trucks when in cyprus, was great fun though a little hairy at times!

S. Sugar free jelly pot 0.5
S. Large g n diet t 0.5

Yes it was love, great fun though, I only had to back up once, and that was enough with a thousand foot drop off at the side and no barrier. LOL

Yes it was love, great fun though, I only had to back up once, and that was enough with a thousand foot drop off at the side and no barrier. LOL

WAH!!! Doesn't sound like fun to me at all, Jim, but then I get scared enough on the New Ferry by-pass... :D

Hey Claire how are you this morning hun? I dont see how you stay on your feet with not getting enough sleep and working.. I guess you are use to it..

LOL, that wasn't there when I lived in Birkenhead love. Do the ferry' still run on the mersey?

Hey all.. :) Had a belter of a migraine last night n gave in to a few squares of diabetic choc along with the rest of the dinner i put in fridge. Don't think it'll have put me much over, maybe to about 25g for yesterday. Felt a bit nauseous so was a bit of a kill or cure method.

Today -

B. Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5
D. Fridge raider salad
Raiders 2
Lettuce, 4 cherry toms, cucumber, grated cheddar n mayo 7
SF jelly 0.5
Klix coffee 1
T. Roast chicken 0
100g brocolli 2.4
200g mushies 0.8
100g aubergine 2.5
Gravy 3

Feel a bit water bloaty today..

Hi sweetie, had about 10 pages to catch up on! hope you're feeling better. Oh, and about your shopping trip - well done! I'm fairly sure Animal is a british brand so you can trust the sizes.X

Hey all, sorry am a bit elusive atm :( have been busy in work and just tired out. Also feeling a bit fed up with the diet as have been dieting for 7 months now and it's starting to drag a little. Dying to just have cereal/toast for brekkie n a sandwich for dinner, am so fed up of having salad everyday at work. I'll be reet, just need to pull me thumb out me a*se n get on with it. I still feel really flabby, especially at the mo as i reckon im retaining water. Humph. Have still been low carbing, don't worry, not fallen off the wagon. Just haven't been counting 100% these last couple of days but doubt i'll have gone over.

Hi sweetie, I dont know how you've stuck it so long. I've been doing it for 2 months and i find it dragging, so well done you!

It might be worth having a trawl through the recipe threads - that#s what I've done to perk myself up. How about varying your salads? Getting some pork ribs, cooking them up and shredding the meat into a salad of green leaves, spring onion and chilli with a lime vinagraitte? sort of asian style?

Morning all, morning Claire. I know the watershed you are in so well love, I went through that so many times, I have been doing this for so many year, sometimes it seems like a lifetime. Go back to the "So your're thinking of starting Atkins" thread and choose some different veggies, get yourself out of the rut and look at different meat choices etc...

Thanks Jim n Jar :) Just feeling a bit fed up at the moment that's all. After forgetting to wi on mon i did tues n was over 2lb up!! However today i had a wi n was 176.6! So a loss of about 4lbs in 3 days.. Crazy. I'm sure it's just water weight but these last few days i've felt mahoosive again. Just need to knuckle down and keep going i guess. Did have a slightly naught brekkie/dinner though but couldv'e been worse and still intend on being on target carbs wise today.

D. One slice burgens soya n linseed bread toasted with butter on 11.9
Two scrambly eggies 0
Coffee with cream n sweetner 0.5

12.4 so far..

Had a sore tummy all night last night and felt massively bloated. Ended up having two trapped wind tablets as the one just didn't cut it. Then was still unfortable and couldn't drop off despite being shattered so heated up my wheat bag teddy n dropped off with it on my tummy. Woke up and it was still in place!! Must've slept without moving at all which is unlike me. Had a lie in today and feel sleepy still, think this last set of shifts has taken it outta me for some reason. Had to do one late, one mid then five earlies though and i hate doing earlies as i picked up extra due to a colleague being on leave which means no cover, just me n no breaks either which is a pain when it's busy.

On top of that, mum n dads cat but kinda mine n me bros too as we were at home for years whilst the cat was, is in the vets at the mo. Not looking good at all, mums upset, brother wont talk about it as he's a soft sod at heart.. Hope the poor ol thing pulls through, will be v.sad if he doesn't. Will feel wierd going home to mum n dads n him not being there. Will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Having hair done again tmoz - hurrah!! :D That'll cheer me up. Got me car booked in for service n mot next week - £250. Cheaper than some places i know but still a lot of money i don't exactly have lol. Got me new 0% tesco card through though so can at least get my secondary glazing booked in so it'll be done before winter thankfully. All sodding expense at the moment!! :(

Hi Claire, sorry to hear about the cat, It's always sad when pets go love.

Hi Claire - everyone, I've been reading through some posts & wondering if it's end of summer doldrums. I know we haven't had any real summer but the nights were lighter & there was that summer feeling. Now there's an Autumn feel to the air. I am tired of eating salads aswell, yet it's too early for winter warming food. We need something different but don't know what. Lol, I remind myself of my late husband, if I asked him what he fancied for dinner, he'd always say 'Oh, something exotic!' with a grin. Whereupon I'd say 'bangers & mash?'
Take care all. :)

12.4 brought forward..

S. Two coffees with cream n sweetner 1
Coffee with milk 1
T. Went to pub -
Chicken breast 0
Steak 0
Ribs 0
Salad 1 (was pants)
Coleslaw 3 (ish)
BBQ sauce (hmm.. not sure but no doubt a bit!)
Diet coke 0
Diabetic mint truffle 1

18.4 without the bbq sauce... not too bad

Morning Claire,

I agree wrinkly, I do think it's the end of summer syndrome. SAD anyone?

Yep, me! :( Not only SAD but also sad :( Poor pussy cat died in the night, going over to parents later to bury him in his favourite spot in the garden. Anyways, mention no more..

B. Small capuccino from costas.. Guessing at 3
D. Little gem lettuce 2
3 cherry toms 1.5
Cucumber 1.5
Corned beef 0
Dijon mayo 0.5

8.5 so far..

Heading out to hairdressers in hr n half... Will possibly have a small cappucino there too.. 3

Been to tesco's finally so have food in at last. Not sure what tea'll be yet. Sneaky wi revealed 176.2 today so down 1.8 lbs..

Back