Claire's occasional diary

Scales crept up half a pound after the UD yesterday, but that is fairly normal for JUDD. My official weigh in is tomorrow morning so hopefully I'll be back down again for then. Today is another DD, and I am starting to chafe at the bit somewhat. Not that I wan't to eat more particularly, I just feel like a change. Maybe I'll do something different this evening, not that I have much time. I will be out helping sort out the drama society's store tonight which will keep me occupied, unfortunately there is free pizza afterwards - I shall just have to bow out gracefully.

Official loss this week 4.5lbs, which sounds a lot but that is after my plateau weeks of -0.75, +0.75, -0.5. Very happy, now only 2.5lbs to go until my goal so I expect to touch it in a couple of weeks. What with JUDDD making the scales yoyo it will probably be three weeks before I can really say I am there.

My DD yesterday was a struggle, I felt hungry and could happily have cheated. Only the thought of how close I am to the finishing line kept me going. Today I will keep a check on units but not be over strict, if I want to go over a bit then I will. It is the UDs which make this diet doable so they cannot be overly regimented.

WELL DONE CLAIRE!!!!!!

You are doing so well, can't wait for the post that says that last 2.5 has gone!

Have a happy day,

Love

Thanks for your encouragement Barb, I know I am going to make it now which is a good feeling. And I know how I will stay there too which is more important still, I can't afford to let my weight creep up again.

My losses have been very varied but I took a look back and in the 7 weeks since I started the diet I have lost 9.25lbs - but bearing in mind I had over two weeks holiday it works out at nearly two pounds a week on average. That is good for any non VLCD diet so despite the ups and downs I can't really complain.

Hmmm, put a couple of pounds back over the weekend, the down side of JUDDD. Hopefully they won't stay long and I will be back on the downward path. I am still not sure what I feel about the Unit Diet, it is a handy tool for keeping a check without counting every calorie but I'm not keen on the low protein element, I don't feel as energetic as I would like. With luck I won't be needing it for much longer now.

The scales are bouncing up and down a lot, better than always being the same I suppose. Today I was 9st10lbs, so still half a pound up on Saturday. But it is a DD, and there's one more DD before next weigh in, so I may have another small loss this week, fingers crossed.

This cold weather doesn't make salads very inviting, so I think I will be experimentng with soups instead. Unfortunately soup makes me want crusty bread with butter, no room for that on a DD. I have baked some timy rolls which work out about 60cals, one of them will have to do.

Down again this morning, the first day I have been under Saturday's low. Scales showed 9st8.75lbs, less than 2lbs to go - except that I'll have gained by tomorrow morning of course. General trend is the right way, and only a couple of weeks more before I'm at goal.

The bread was lovely, it is one of the things I miss on DDs so definitely a good addition. Soup was easy, using bouillon and adding a bit of chicken and veg made a very nice meal. I wish I liked packaged diet products but I am not keen so have to put the effort in myself.

Scales up a bit, as expected. 9st10lbs again, three pounds over target, which is still attainable in 2 weeks. Having done JUDDDD for quite a while now I have come to accept the fluctuations with some equanimity. I did eat rather more than I should have done on my UD yesterday, and it makes me realise that I will need to be careful reintroducing normal (JUDDD maintenance) eating patterns. And that I need to reassess what quantities I put on a plate, perhaps I should be looking for some smaller plates.

I'm on my own for the weekend again, and getting a bit fed up with this as it seems a constant state of affairs through the summer. At least it frees me from having to consider food for anyone but myself.

Keep going hon! You're doing so well!

Love xxx

Thanks Anja, it seems a long road at times. I weighed myself officially this morning and came up with three different figures! So I'll pick the middle one, 9st9.25lbs, because it is the average and was the last one to appear. It means only a quarter of a pound loss on the week, but a loss is better than a gain and these things happen. So 2.25lbs to goal and the sun is shining at last.

I got up early, walked the dog and then finished painting the garage doors, which are now a sticky bright red, as are my hands. Loads more painting still to be done and I don't know how much chance I'll get this "summer".

I've been overdoing the last couple of UDs, the scales have jumped back up again and I am going to have to knuckle down and finish this, it seems to have dragged on for ever. I think that dance classes begin again next week, that will be a help because my activity level has really dropped.

I have to go to my aunt's funeral tomorrow, I rearranged my UDs so I will have one then. My cousin's wife, who I have yet to meet, will be organising food and it would be rude to refuse. Besides which she is supposed to be a really good cook, can't pass up on that.

OK I'm back at 9st10lbs this morning and my UDDD routine is thoroughly messed up. So I'm taking Joanne's advice and doing 4 days of 1200, giving me a new pattern before going back to JUDDD on Monday. If my metabolism were working properly and normally it ought to give me a loss of nearly a pound in that time.

I don't understand why the last three pounds is so determined to stay with me. Roll on next week, dance classes start and maybe a bit more exercise will make the difference.

Ummm, you don't think you have achieved your 'natural' weight and your body is fighting you to keep it that way? Just a thought.

Well done on fighting the fight though, your determination is very inspiring.

Love

Barb, I'm not sure what my natural weight is, but I can't give in to every plateau, this just seems to be how it is going for me now. I'm sure dancing again will help, and I feel I look OK in clothes, it is just without them that's the problem! Thanks for your words of encouragement, I am determined to get to goal, it just might take longer.

No change in the scales today, so still three pounds over goal - how often have I said that? I managed fine on 1200 yesterday, aiming for the same today and over the weekend. I got Beyond Chocolate out of the library yesterday and have just started reading it. It touches a chord, as it would with most of us I think, so maybe I will gain thoughts for the future.

Scales still the same, I have decided to increase cals slightly over the weekend to about 1500 a day as I am worried I am getting used to a lower intake. Then DD on Monday.

Thanks Anja. I have to confess I went way overboard yesterday with a big chinese takeaway so today will be a bit quieter on the food front.

I seem to be as far from goal as ever! I think it is time I stopped worrying about it or expecting any further falls. I'll keep on JUDDDing, the benefits to me are way more important than any weight loss, and see what happens.

Got to the end of Beyond Chocolate, and I still don't get it. Not that I don't understand what they are saying, that's fairly logical, with some contradictions, but I can't see how it would ever fit into my life. I'll put it onto the back burner, maybe some aspects will filter through.

Lots to do today, and I really don't feel like it. Roll on the weekend.

Scales 9st9.5lbs today, the first time I have been under 9st10lbs for over a week. I'm strongly considering easing the DDs up to maintenance over the next three weeks as a stable basis for the future. I'll try it slowly this week and see how it goes.

I'm in the middle of clearing out the garage, what a ghastly job. The thought of having some workbench space is what is spurring me on.

Yesterday I had my first slightly higher DD, I was aiming for 700 but ended a little lower. Today I weighed 9st9.25lbs, so the extra 200 calories doesn't seem to have done any harm at all. It really opens up the options mealwise too. Now it is an UD and I am going to eat sensibly but with extras. Think I will keep to 700 DDs for this week then consider raising them to 850 next week.

Back