Claire's occasional diary

Thanks Barb, it's good to hear that the food diary system is working well for you. Are you going to keep it up as a maintenance tool? It really is a case of what fits your own lifestyle and tastes, and for me the thought of doing this for the rest of my life is not a problem. There's plenty I have to sort out still, UDs can be excessive sometimes, DDs can be hard to count, sometimes I can't be bothered. But overall it works fine.

Yes, Claire, I think it is a tool I will use forever, whether it will be in the exact form it is now i'm not sure. It certainly does seem to work for me and like you say i can do it happily, it doesn't feel a big hassle.

Love

I've been seeing lots of fluctuation on the weight front over the past week, mostly upward, I shall weigh "officially" on Saturday. The colder weather makes me want to eat more and cuddle up to the radiator - not a healthy lifestyle. I can't decide whether my decision to cut down on coffee is helpful, I imagine caffeine, as a stimulant, probably aids weight loss so I am not really helping myself. I enjoy my fresh black coffee in the morning, funny that, I never thought I could convert.

This morning I was back to 9st8.75bs, less than 2lbs from goal. I'm still not back to my lowest weight just before we went away in October, but at least I'm heaing downwards. For some reason I felt a bit hungry yesterday, unusual on a DD at my current intake, maybe that is why I have lost some. I've got a weekend to myself, so I must be careful, I'm also free from having to cook just because it is time for meals. I plan on playing with my new rolling mill, haven't had time since it arrived.

After two UDs and one DD I am now 9st8.25lbs, so 1.25 pounds to go. It's going well and I feel comfortable with both eating and not eating. I need to make plans for Christmas to make sure I don't go off plan too badly.

No change after yesterday's UD, so things are looking good, still 1.25 over target. The cold weather is making salads less appealing, and more expensive, so I shall have to make some batches of soup. Good, filling, low cal stuff, but they do cry out for hot crusty bread. Oh well, not long before I can up the calories on DDs, imagine a whole thousand, whatever will I do with them all.

New low this morning, 9st7.25lbs! Only a quarter of a pound over my target. I know I'll probably be up again tomorrow, but it is still good to see. I can start thinking about slightly higher DDs, or keeping them as they are and getting comfortably under goal over the coming weeks. That might be a sensible move, to lose a bit before Christmas so that any overeating is compensated for in advance.

Well I didnt see any gain this morning, so still tantalisingly close. Just four ounces, you could almost lose that with a haircut! I'm hoping that tomorrow will show me really there at last. I shall have to see if there is a "made it" thread here, must be somewhere.

Back