clair's diary

You can still have your Chinese meals, just you need to make them yourselves lol
I have stir frys every week, I use the Blue Dragon sachets, ( I love the chow mein one, and the spring onion and garlic one). I stir fry chicken, mushrooms, tender stem broccoli, sugar snap peas, bean sprouts ( and sometimes water chestnuts and bamboo shoots) in some light soya sauce, add the sauce ( sachets are 120g, and that serves 2 people), Add in some straight to wok noodles and Bob's your uncle. Low fat Chinese meal :D You could also use rice instead of noodles if you prefer.
x

Many moons ago, when I first asked the doctor for help with my weight, I was convinced that I wanted Reductil. In fact I actually cried when they wouldn't give it to me, even though they'd offered Xenical (providing I came back in a fortnight with a food diary and a slight weight loss).
I was convinced that I needed an appetite suppressant, but I tried the Xenical, stayed on it for about a year and evenually lost about 5 stone on it :)
Unfortunately I let a LOT of it creep back on, went back to the doctors several times at my wits end, and eventually got my prescrition for Reductil (this was before it was banned).
And guess what....it did absolutely NOTHING for me! All that time I thought it would be the answer to my problems, and all it gave me was high blood pressure!
So now I'm back on the Xenical, and doing well again...it really does work if you put your faith in it, and stick to the rules. It also teaches you how to make sensible, low fat food choices that should stay with you long after you stop the tablets :D

well ive done my weekly shopping and its all pretty much low fat foods exept for a few biscults for my children and partner which i know i wont be swayed into eating because there just not my thing, unfortunetly after a bottle of wine last night i needed (not wanted) really needed pizza and kebab so now i know what true side effects feel like i have been up all night with really bad stomac cramps and had to dash to the loo many times, i dont think its finished yet and im sure its will continue through out the day. im going to work my ass off on my wii for this next week to make up for my sins.
thanks for all your lovely posts i love logging on and reading your advice and support.xxx

hi alex just a quick question, after you lost your amazing 5 stone did you have to stop xenical do they not let you stay on them for maintaince for a while?

I think it differs depending on the doctor. Mine was happy for me to stay on Xenical for up to a year, and then asked me to to give my body a break for a little while, on the understanding that she would re-prescribe it for me later. She said I could carry on being weighed by the nurse for as long as I wanted, just to keep me on track.
Unfortunately that break from Xenical co-incided with me meeting my boyfriend (now ex), and I took my eye off the ball for far too long!! It was a difficult relationship, but a love of food was one thing we both had in common, and before long the weight started creeping back on. I never intended letting it get to this stage, in fact I still can't believe I gained nearly six stone in the past two years, but hey ho. Luckily I've got a great doctor who's willing to keep supporting me while I try again for (hopefully) the last time!

Sorry to hear about your side effects by the way...I've been there, and I know what it's like. True side effects really are horrible, but mine were gone by about lunch time the following day, so hopefully you're through the worst of it xx

i weighted 10 stone last may which i had dieted for so i would luck good for a girl weeked in benidorm i had lost 2 stone but since then i have put 3 on and just couldnt motivate myself this time hence the reason for going to the GP he prescribed me straight away but he hasnt discussed how long, ive read that they can be prescibed for up two years providing you continue to loose weight.

Hopefully (hopefully!!) by the time i next see my doctor I will have hit the 5st mark which is really only half way.

I'll have been on xenical a year in June. So I can let you know if the doctor wants me to stop.

Gosh it really doesn't seem like a year has gone by!!

i read a post somewhere that they had made tacos and had had bad side effects. im going to try making tacos tonight, im going to use half the mince i usally use (lean mince) and double the vegtables im going to bulk it up with tomatoes, aubergine, courgette, peppers onion and mushrooms. i am also going to have philli extra light instead of cheese and lots of salad my two small children wont mind i just grate them some cheese thats all they want to eat when i do tacos. i will let you all know the out come.

first thing first you cant make low fat tacos lol. unfortunatly due to the bank holiday week end i cant get into my GPs till friday so i havent been offically weighted but i have weighted myself of my wii and it appears i have only lost 4 bloody pounds, i have had 2 nights out this week and 2 chinese takeaways but lots of low fat meals in between im going to be extra good for these next 2 days as i dont want to put any on or he might not give me another prescription!!!!!

4lbs the month or 4lbs the week

although I don't think your doctor will mind 4lbs for the month. I mean it's a 1lb a week which is nice and steady

4lbs since i weighted myself on my wii 2 weeks ago the progress chart goes up and down on it i put 3lb on one day and had only ate salad the previous day so im going to see what they say on friday and go with that.

I agree....my Wii is very random at weighing me! Sometimes when I do the body test, it says that I've lost, say 2lbs, but when I look at the graph it's only a pound!
Don't forget that your weight fluctuates from day-to-day according to how hydrated you are, or if you've been to the loo or not, so while it's OK to weigh yourself regularly (if you must!), it's best to choose an 'official' weigh in day, and try not to take much notice of what the scales say in between.

yeah i do agree if i do the body test first then work out for say 30 mins then redo the body tests it says i have lost 2lb which i love of course but it really loves telling me im obese......

When I was on the Xenical before, I was only losing 1lb a week (4lbs a month) which as you can imagine upset me but my Dr said it was fine - Slow off, Stays off :)

Back