500 Calories Clare's IF Diary - I'm going to do it this time!

thejoyofanonymity

Day 1 - Fast Day

So here I am again, getting back on the wagon AGAIN after allowing myself to get complacent. But this time I am determined it's going to be different and I'm sure that intermittent fasting is the way forward.

I was doing 5:2 a while ago but had to stop due to a hefty case of toothache and needing to take medication but this time I'm back on it and back on my fast day today.

I actually feel good about it - I'm enjoying not having to worry about what to have for lunch, and the control fasting gives me over my weight loss.

Keeping a diary has traditionally helped me so I'm starting this one as a new start and I hope it'll really help :)

Last edited:
Right, well that's Day 1 done and dusted. Huzzah. Not doing another fast day until Monday so I can enjoy the weekend (in moderation) knowing I succeeded.

Today I didn't eat until 10pm (working backshift so that was the earliest I could get dinner!) I had:
2 stuffed peppers with rice and smoky breadcrumbs
Steamed veg (pack from Sainsbury's) with 2 Laughing Cow Light triangles
1 Hartleys tub of no added sugar strawberry jelly
2 sugar free energy drinks (throughout the day)
Total: 502 cals

Feeling a wee bit empty tonight before I go to bed, but that's to be expected. But I'm proud of myself for getting through it. This is the start of a new healthier me :)

Hi Clare, I thought that seeing as you've joined in the challenge I'd pop over and hit subscribe on your diary and tag along on your journey towards a slimmer Christmas :)

How's your day going?

Hi Clare, I thought that seeing as you've joined in the challenge I'd pop over and hit subscribe on your diary and tag along on your journey towards a slimmer Christmas :)

How's your day going?

Hey Caz :) thanks for subscribing!

My day is good thanks...just had a HUGE brunch out with the OH and now ready for a nap on the couch. Think that'll be all the food I need for the day before fasting tomorrow - haha. How's your day going? :)

Did you go anywhere nice? How are you finding JUDDD? My day has been ok, I should have done some work for school tomorrow but I still haven't done it... oops! I suppose I better get on with it really.

Did you go anywhere nice? How are you finding JUDDD? My day has been ok, I should have done some work for school tomorrow but I still haven't done it... oops! I suppose I better get on with it really.

Went to a wee American breakfast place called Tribeca but they have ginormous portions. Was lovely though :) I'm more doing 4:3/5:2 than strictly JUDDD just now but finding it okay. Feeling alright about fasting again tomorrow and not going crazy this weekend which is always good. I have a load of work to do as well and just woke up from sleeping on the couch - oops too! Sunday motivation is all gone :)

Day 4 - Fast Day
So today is my next fast day and I actually woke up this morning looking forward to it. Happy days. I'm not working until 8pm tonight which should make it a bit easier as I can have my 500 calories at a normal time of day.

Feeling good about what I ate over the weekend as well - was pretty restrained on Saturday (roll for breakfast, a subway salad for lunch and I kind of forgot to have dinner - oops) and on Sunday I have the BIGGEST brunch but it was nice to be able to do that and not feel like I was missing out vs what everyone else I was with could have.

Hoping for a nice easy fast today - get my body kickstarted into doing what it needs to do for this way of eating :)

Day 5 - "Feast" day
So last night went better than I thought, I was SO hungry (and a bit low) by the time I got home but I had cauliflower 'rice', low fat thai green curry sauce and prawns with LOADS of veg. I even had enough cals left over to have some Shapers popcorn later in the night.

Weighed myself this morning and I seem to be down another 1.5lb but I'm not going to actually take the weight until Saturday as I know I'll be lighter after a fast day and it depends on how I do over the rest of the week. It's a nice feeling though, knowing something is working and I'm going in the right direction.

Started the Squats Challenge this morning - 50 squats was a wee challenge before breakfast but I did it (HUZZAH)...hoping I can keep this challenge up and get into the swing of this exercise malarky.

Hi Joy, Just stopping by to catch up on your diary & wish you luck :)

Day 7 - "Feast Day"
So I forgot to write about my fast day yesterday, but it went okay. Working until 8pm though makes a fast day *really* hard, because I have to wait until the back of 9 to get anything to eat so I'm going to have to re-evaluate how I do those days I think. Ending up SUPER hungry when working in the evening is just not working great for me just now.

Either way, I succeeded yesterday and came in under 500 cals...and today I've actually not eaten yet (slept in - oops) but I am really looking forward to a nice lunch. I love the flexibility of this way of eating so much :)

Was thinking about fasting again tomorrow - getting a sneaky wee 3 days of fasting in this week but I'll see how I feel tomorrow morning I think as it's another 12-8 day at work which just makes it tough.

Been weighing every day for the past couple of days and keep losing 1lb each day but I know that's not my actual weight. Looking forward to Saturday weigh in though :D

Hi Joy, Just stopping by to catch up on your diary & wish you luck :)

Sorry I missed this the other day - thanks for the good luck :D

Day 8 - "Feast Day"
Well today has been interesting. I was going to fast, but waking tired and hungry I decided that since I'd already fasted twice this week I'd have a normal eating day. However, starting at 12pm and working a backshift has meant that weirdly I seem to have come in at only just over 1000 calories and I'm not actually hungry for any more food. So yeah, hoping that's a good sign and won't stunt any losses.
Weigh-in tomorrow and hoping for a good wee loss - fingers crossed anyway :)

Nice diary Joy. Tribeca sounds lovely. Is that in Glasgow?

Thanks :D yeah, Tribeca is a lovely American style place in Glasgow's west end...it's amazing :D

Thanks :D yeah, Tribeca is a lovely American style place in Glasgow's west end...it's amazing :D

Never been to Glasgow. Been to Edinburgh quite a few times but really want to visit Glasgow as well. And as soon as i do i'm heading there for breakfast! How did you get on with your WI? x

Good luck for wi

Thank you :D

Never been to Glasgow. Been to Edinburgh quite a few times but really want to visit Glasgow as well. And as soon as i do i'm heading there for breakfast! How did you get on with your WI? x

You should definitely come up to visit Glasgow :D and Tribeca is sooo worth it.

WI went well - managed to lose 2.8lbs so I'm pretty pleased :D

Well done on the loss :)

Back