Clare's Insanity Journey! Watch me, join me or just think I'm completely insane!

Hi cheeky,

Rough session today. Cardio recovery. Every muscle is aching and cardio recovery was sooo difficult, felt a little disheartened actually because my body just failed me in points lol just ended up in a pile on the floor. 108 cals burned today. Totally ready for bed. Looking forward to some more cardio tomorrow. You're doing so well, keep it up!!! :D:D:D

Haha think mine thought the same.

Pure cardio done tonight. 311 cals burnt. Cant seem to get anywhere near as many burnt as when I do plyometrics, either thay or I'm getting fitter and need to push harder lol. We'll soon see when I do plyo again. One more day til rest day yessssss!!! How u doing? Still zumbaing aswell?

It's a great burn!

Im not feeling very well today. I don't think I had eaten enough today so felt really exhausted.

Gonna swap my rest day from tomorrow to today.

I do zumba twice a week. I try to make one of the days on recovery and avoid pure cardio cos I found it was a killer

Morning guys,

Hope youre feeling better today cheeky. Got plyo done yesterday, boy that was killer lol. Glad its rest day today. Gonna go do some shopping and relax before it all starts again tomorrow. Havent decided whether to weigh in or not yet because I know I will have gained due to water retention. Might leave it another week.

Hi Clare

Im feeling much better. I definitely think I had burnt out so swapping my rest day around was the right thing to do. It meant that I could do recovery yesterday and. ..... Day 1 of Month 2 today.

Can't believe I completed the first day of month 2. I burnt 435 calories and to be honest max interval circuit wasn't as tough as I thought. Think I made it harder in my head.

I didn't do the fit test, hubby was worried it was too much after I had only just got over being burnt out. So the plan is ill do the test on my rest day.

I've also decided I'm gonna struggle doing month 2 and zumba on the same day again the reason being I don't want to burn out plus lose form. So the plan is ill do zumba and a recover week core, Cardio and balance. Means a longer programme but safer.

Well done on completing week 1

Wow 435 cals is fab! Feels weird not doing any exercise today. Cant wait to get back into it tomorrow. Glad youre feeling better now, definitely think you did the right thing with rest days. Im actually starting to feel my stomach tone up ever so slightly. Keep me posted on how month 2 goes. Dying to know how it compares to month one :)

Morning everyone,

So sorry for not replying recently, been soooo busy. Week 2 is going well, just exhausted all the time, hubby is getting fed up of me finishing my workout getting showered n going to sleep on the sofa lol hows everyone else getting on?

That's ok :-D

Month 2 is tough but I wouldn't say any harder then month 1 was when I first started.

I've got two days left (tonight and tomorrow) im using my rest day to catch up on the missed session.

I can totally emphasis with you with hubby. My hubby was getting bothered that insanity is on every night and that I'm so tired. I explained how important it is to me to do it and there's no point giving up after putting so much effort in. He's now ok with it and also in awe how hard I work so understands me being tired.

How are you doing with your eating?

Well done for sticking to it x

Hi everyone, all of you seem to be doing well! Woop!

So... Was meant to be starting month 2 Monday just gone but me and my husband have had the week off work for our anniversary and a week off consisting of lunches out and copious amount of booze do not go well with month 2! So I've carried on cardio core and balance and feeling really fired up to start month 2 on Monday.

My OH is also doing a beach body programme. One called 'Beast'. Give me Shaun T any day the trainer on it is so patronising! It's great having each other to support. We just couldn't be doing it any differently! He's eating 4500 cals a day. I'm sat there with a salad watching him stuff his face all day. Grrr.

How's everyone doing with eating? Through month 1 I lost nearly a stone and have about 1.5 stone left to lose. I stuck to 1500 cals and didn't eat back insanity cals. Not sure if I need to change things up a bit for month 2. How do you do it?

Anyway ramble over. Hope everyone's having a lovely weekend.

Alex

Evening.

I've decided I hate Month 2 Max Interval Plyo! I think it's the hardest one and boy did my legs give up near the end lol.

Got pee'd off with ny HRM as it kept losing my heart rate. Had to keep stopping and starting to pick up my HR but. .... I burnt 353 cals so not gonna complain lol

Good luck with month 2 Alex. With eating mine has been hit and miss. I've lost 4lbs but my abs and arms are far more defined. I've not followed the nutrition guide I worked out my cals on being sedentary then add my actual calories burnt.

I've decided I'm gonna try to focus on upping my protein so got to look at the nutrition guide.

Sorry for the long post lol hope all us good with you Clare and Alex

Claire x

Hey! You all seem to be doing so well. So Im thinking about getting the DVD's but i am still quite big.. So i was wondering is it worth me getting the DVD (as it is quite expensive) or wait abit to shed some more weight.. I would like to try it before i go away though! Its a 90 day program isnt it.. looking at the site now? How do you feel now.. Noticed alot of changes? (Sorry for all the questions :( )

Hey guys,

Eating has been really tough. Appetite seems to be through the roof lol im away in the lakes at the min and the cabin were staying is taking a beating with me jumping around in it haha even did a 6 mile walk today as well. Getting a bit concerned that ive done summit to my knee though. I dislocated it years ago and its never been right since. Definitely glad its rest day tomorrow to give my knee a rest, feels like its throbbing so ill have to be careful. So jealous that youre both in month 2 cant wait til I get that far lol x

Sorry for my disappearance guys, I must have changed my settings and didn't get an email to say anyone had replied!

I did the fit test last MOnday. I thought that was quite hard, but my first workout the next day - OMG!! At one point near the end I had to lie on the floor for a few minutes and watch!!

I persevered though and it was worth it. By yesterday I had lost 6.6lbs!! So happy!

I took measurements this morning and I have lost an inch off my chest, waist and hips too. I feel so much better as well.

I have been sticking to around 1800 calories which I track on Calorie Counter UK & Food Diary | Effective Weight Loss | Nutracheck and trying to eat lots of protein and wholegrains rather than refined carbs and processed foods.

I have also discovered the benefits of chocolate milk as a recovery drink. Plus it tastes so good and settles the stomach when you feel like you want to spew after a workout!!

I have also ordered some whey protein powder as I have heard that the protein shakes really speed up the weightloss process. Will see how it goes anyway.

Hope you are all getting on great.

Oh also I bought mine from an ebay seller second hand for £70. I'm not sure if this means I won't be able to get the T Shirt??

Hey! You all seem to be doing so well. So Im thinking about getting the DVD's but i am still quite big.. So i was wondering is it worth me getting the DVD (as it is quite expensive) or wait abit to shed some more weight.. I would like to try it before i go away though! Its a 90 day program isnt it.. looking at the site now? How do you feel now.. Noticed alot of changes? (Sorry for all the questions :( )

Hi Emmie

I am about the same size as you and I have been managing the DVDs fine. Shaun T is so lovely and when he speaks it really feels like he is speaking to you as your trainer. I know that sounds daft!haha

Plus Shaun T and all the other people who are doing the workout, who are all superfit and now fitness instructors I think, have to take breaks regularly too as it is so damn hard! Because of this, you don't feel so bad when you have to take a little rest. He tells you all the time, if you need to have a break, have a break. You just have to do it to the best of your ablity and your ability will imporve pretty quickly.

Even just the warm up is pretty tough going, I am still taking breaks during it!

I find cardio and plyometric which I did this morning particularly hard, especially when you are jumping from jumps to push ups quickly. I cannot move as quickly as them!! So I do the best I can and it seems to be working so far :) I also got a thick 4x6ft mat out of Lidl which really cushions my knees for all the jumpy moves.

You will sweat A LOT and you will need to take breaks A LOT and you will drink A LOT of water and you will probably want to give up and stay in your bed, but the feeling you get after you've completed a really tough workout is amazing!

Well I'm now on Day 46. After doing all the new routines I've decided my favourite has to be max cardio interval. There's lots of cardio which plays to my strength as zumba has really improved me. I am struggling on most of the press up moves and I have moderated them to the 'girly' version lol. I definitely can't do any press ups that involve jumping in it lol

Hope you are all still going! I can't believe I've just got 2.5 weeks left till I finish! !! Then it's a break before I consider doing it again lol

Back