Clare's Story

Hi Pixie,
Thanks for your kind comments, I'm glad your are enjoying reading my diary.
I just love getting to know everyone around here , I'm having so much fun reading sharing my progress so far.

I was was also really worried about taking that first tablet but so far I've not had any problems at all.

Good luck! I'm looking forward to getting to know you and sharing your journey :)

No Julie.. We wouldn't dream of letting you miss out on anything :p

I'm so angry with myself right now because I ate some bread today... I know it doesn't sound like such a big thing but to me it's HUGE as this was the first time I have eaten anything since starting the tablets that I hadn't planned to eat.

I'm worried this could be the beginning of the end of my diet :(

How does everyone else deal with times like this?

Clare you really haven't done anything wrong. I know you wanted to keep away from bread altogether, but maybe you're being too strict with yourself!?

Why don't you just limit yourself to maybe 2 slices a day, 3 times a week? Just a suggestion.

Please don't be so hard on yourself.

:girlpower:

Lins

XX

Clare its no biggy, just a bit of bread - probably a millionth of what you would have eaten before so dont even go there!

Why did you eat it? I know you were sworn off it? did something happen or was the only thing you fancied?

Me x

Clare you really haven't done anything wrong. I know you wanted to keep away from bread altogether, but maybe you're being too strict with yourself!?

I know you're right Lins, I am too strict with myself and maybe I need to lighten up a little and realise that there are going to be times when I will slip up but I just need to make sure I get right back on track . :)

Clare its no biggy, just a bit of bread - probably a millionth of what you would have eaten before so dont even go there!

Why did you eat it? I know you were sworn off it? did something happen or was the only thing you fancied?

Yes it was a lot less than I would have eaten pre New Clare days!

Anthony had been out on his bike and came in asking for a snack.. and guess what he asked for!?! French stick!!!

I just couldn't help myself and before I knew what happening I had a chunck of it in my mouth :(

It was just mindless eating but I did stop at just one piece which looking back now is a great achievement for me. :)

Good, as long as you stay in control thats all that matters Clare...

Just shrug it off, move on, clever girl for not eating the entire stick!

x

The way I see it is Claire, this is about changing your eating habits and long term habits. Are you going to avoid bread forever? Porbably not, so why not restrict yourself realistically? Everything in moderation is the key and within fat content :)

The way I see it is Claire, this is about changing your eating habits and long term habits. Are you going to avoid bread forever? Porbably not, so why not restrict yourself realistically? Everything in moderation is the key and within fat content :)

Thanks KayMarie :)
That makes a lot of sense!
I'm still going to avoid it if I can but if it's really what I fancy I'm going to allow myself to have just a little because I've shown that I can stop if I really want to :)

Clare I have sworn off bread too and it is killing me! I think the old adage of a little of what you fancy does you good may be true - i always feel like i'm depriving myself when i give the bread up totally - i have an emergency loaf of burgen in my freezer just in case. Perhaps that is why i always fail to shift my weight because i begrudge the diet for making me miserable. my hubby says, like these lovely ladies do, that this is a life style change not a starvation and give up everything you love diet Xxx

Hello Ladies!

Hope everyone is happy and well :)

I've got so much to do today, Tony will be home tomorrow and has 4 days off! Whoop Whoop!
He's really stressed at work so I'm trying to plan lot's of fun things for the weekend:)
I'll be back later to read through all the new post:)

Hi Julie,
I'll be back to being a post whore later :D

Have a great day! :)

Back